IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mortorstorm: PR - Moar Pics
DiO
post Jan 11 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #1

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

These pics I took myself in photo mode.

Edit - Moar Pics

So there is no way this game doesn't have as good graphics as the first. I have no idea what Psy is talking about. They are better. GTA's cars do not have better damage. In Mortorstorm, it all depends on what car you crash. Most of them have fiber-glass bodies that merely break off or strong roll cages that prevent deformation. Its only realistic they don't get in twisted metal. Thats not saying you can't. There are vehicles that allow this. Not only that Mortorstorm has more parts on the cars that break off and more particles that fly everywhere. I will get pics later to show some good damage. This game is is more fast paced than the first. There are 16 amazing tracks. 16 is a decent amount but it really feels like more than 16 because there are so many different paths to take, each lap is different. There is a ton of thought on design put into these tracks. Not to mention the different race modes. And there are some amazing areas to be seen. This game is moving art. And its feels like a completely different race with each vehicle type. This was true in the first one but it feel even more prevalent in this edition. The vehicle classes feel more balanced too. I will really find this out if there is a dominant vehicle type when I play online. The last one more people just used racing trucks or rally cars. I have a hard time deciding which is my favorite type. There are a LOT more vehicles to choose from as well than in the previous one. The vehicle selection menu is different. Much less loading. It displays all the classes of vehicle for you to chose from in a row. And to change what vehicle you use in that class you press square and it bring you to a different menu to choose what model and paint job you want. Once selected it will remain set each time you re-enter vehicle selection. So if you have a favorite vehicle you don't have to scroll through all of them. You can just pick racing truck and you will have the vehicle of your choice. And all these menus are image based to cut back on loading times. But when you select a vehicle you can then go into a vehicle viewer mode where you see it in 3D as you can swivel the camera around to see it. Also in this mode you can rev the engine and honk the horn just for fun. You also select which driver you want to use and you can use the same driver for any car. And when selecting the driver, you again can swivel the camera around and zoom so you can get a nice shot of the chick in the skin tight jumpsuit's perfect ass and massive boobs. There is also some differences with the boost. If you are near lava your boost will fry MUCH faster from the heat. But if you are in water it will cool the engine giving you more boost. Photo mode its great. You can toggle the camera up down and all around. I liked how when you move the camera around it doesn't move still. It shakes a little so it kind of feels like a real camera being moved around. I though it was just a nice touch. My only complaints are that it feel like there should have been some driver & vehicle customization. I have a feeling these were either left out for the next one or they had a too tight of a deadline and couldn't finish them . I had said the first Mortorstorm is by far the the best, and most chaotic racing game I have ever played. And this one tops that.

Edit

I also want to add some comments on the Festival mode. Its based on rank now and each level up you unlock a fair amount of new vehicles and drivers. The tickets are divided up by areas. There is Earth Area which is muddy tracks. There is Air Area which is meant for smaller vehicles. Also Water Areas and Fire Areas. each areas has multiple races available at one time and you can go between each area at desire. So there is much more options to choose from when it comes to what race you want to do. If you are stuck on one there are plenty more to do. And of course the modes vary from Regular, to wreck limit. You can't crash more than a predetermined amount. Check points. Which force you to go on different paths and Elimination where every 15 seconds whoever is in last gets eliminated. This is so far the hardest mode. If you fuck up when the time is about to run out and you land in last you are done for.

PS: 2-4 player split screen and trophies.

This post has been edited by Ayreon: Jan 13 2009, 07:11 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jan 11 2009, 04:28 AM
Post #2

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Played the demo for a few minutes and it seemed a TON like the first one, not really any new features (as far as I know.) Is it worth 60 dollars?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 11 2009, 05:21 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Ill let you know when I play it more. I've just finished SH5 and going to start R3. Also been playing SvR a lot. But with the little bit I've played, I am not disappointed.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jan 11 2009, 06:53 AM
Post #4

1. Do you mean R2?
2. What's SvR?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post Jan 11 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,947

SvR=Smackdown Vs. Raw
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jan 11 2009, 01:27 PM
Post #6

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

I've got Pacific Rift and it's pretty good. To me though, it seems like the graphics aren't as good as the original game, and the animations/physics when you crash your car into a wall and it crumples just looks really poor. GTA's got better damage physics than this game.

But yeah, it's pretty much exactly the same as the original game, only you can unlock different vehicle models and driver skins as you win more races and there's a few new game types I think like elimination and time trial checkpoint things. Can't remember if they were on the original game because I haven't played it for like a year.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 11 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Yah, new feature wise its lacking. The tracks are insane though. There IS 2-4 players split screen. You an select what driver you want. And the car selection menu is dumbed down so there is less loading which is better. Still haven't played it that much but Today I start R2 and this. Character & vehicle customization should have been added.

This post has been edited by Ayreon: Jan 11 2009, 05:53 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 12 2009, 04:21 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

These pics I took myself in photo mode.

So there is no way this game doesn't have as good graphics as the first. I have no idea what Psy is talking about. They are better. GTA's cars do not have better damage. In Mortorstorm, it all depends on what car you crash. Most of them have fiber-glass bodies that merely break off or strong roll cages that prevent deformation. Its only realistic they don't get in twisted metal. Thats not saying you can't. There are vehicles that allow this. Not only that Mortorstorm has more parts on the cars that break off and more particles that fly everywhere. I will get pics later to show some good damage. This game is is more fast paced than the first. There are 16 amazing tracks. 16 is a decent amount but it really feels like more than 16 because there are so many different paths to take, each lap is different. There is a ton of thought on design put into these tracks. Not to mention the different race modes. And there are some amazing areas to be seen. This game is moving art. And its feels like a completely different race with each vehicle type. This was true in the first one but it feel even more prevalent in this edition. The vehicle classes feel more balanced too. I will really find this out if there is a dominant vehicle type when I play online. The last one more people just used racing trucks or rally cars. I have a hard time deciding which is my favorite type. There are a LOT more vehicles to choose from as well than in the previous one. The vehicle selection menu is different. Much less loading. It displays all the classes of vehicle for you to chose from in a row. And to change what vehicle you use in that class you press square and it bring you to a different menu to choose what model and paint job you want. Once selected it will remain set each time you re-enter vehicle selection. So if you have a favorite vehicle you don't have to scroll through all of them. You can just pick racing truck and you will have the vehicle of your choice. And all these menus are image based to cut back on loading times. But when you select a vehicle you can then go into a vehicle viewer mode where you see it in 3D as you can swivel the camera around to see it. Also in this mode you can rev the engine and honk the horn just for fun. You also select which driver you want to use and you can use the same driver for any car. And when selecting the driver, you again can swivel the camera around and zoom so you can get a nice shot of the chick in the skin tight jumpsuit's perfect ass and massive boobs. There is also some differences with the boost. If you are near lava your boost will fry MUCH faster from the heat. But if you are in water it will cool the engine giving you more boost. Photo mode its great. You can toggle the camera up down and all around. I liked how when you move the camera around it doesn't move still. It shakes a little so it kind of feels like a real camera being moved around. I though it was just a nice touch. My only complaints are that it feel like there should have been some driver & vehicle customization. I have a feeling these were either left out for the next one or they had a too tight of a deadline and couldn't finish them . I had said the first Mortorstorm is by far the the best, and most chaotic racing game I have ever played. And this one tops that.

Edit

I also want to add some comments on the Festival mode. Its based on rank now and each level up you unlock a fair amount of new vehicles and drivers. The tickets are divided up by areas. There is Earth Area which is muddy tracks. There is Air Area which is meant for smaller vehicles. Also Water Areas and Fire Areas. each areas has multiple races available at one time and you can go between each area at desire. So there is much more options to choose from when it comes to what race you want to do. If you are stuck on one there are plenty more to do. And of course the modes vary from Regular, to wreck limit. You can't crash more than a predetermined amount. Check points. Which force you to go on different paths and Elimination where every 15 seconds whoever is in last gets eliminated. This is so far the hardest mode. If you fuck up when the time is about to run out and you land in last you are done for.

PS: 2-4 player split screen and trophies.

WALL OF TEXT!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Ayreon: Jan 12 2009, 05:06 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jan 12 2009, 05:05 AM
Post #9

Oh.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 12 2009, 05:07 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Nice response. After I took the time to do all that.

Read the edits too, btw.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jan 12 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #11

Sounds pretty freakin' great. I'll rent it. Thanks for the 2-foot text block.

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Jan 12 2009, 07:44 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 12 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Buy it! angry.gif

Nah, its rent-able or buy-able. If you like it as much as I do you will probably buy it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Jan 12 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #13

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

i got it too, i havent played much cause ive been away for the last 3 weeks

its a great game and split screen rocks

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Jan 12 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #14

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

Well I don't play the First one on account of it made me smash my controller.

So i'm hesitant about getting this one.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Jan 12 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #15

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,717

Yeah, this game is fucking legit. But once you get to level 5 (not rank, but the ticket level) - It gets nearly insane, I got mostly golds and a few silvers before that, but I just about get bronze now. The jump in SP difficulty between 4 and 5 is quite gay.

Haven't tried MP yet, might do if I'm bothered
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 12 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Jan 12 2009, 02:54 PM) [snapback]1478618[/snapback]
Well I don't play the First one on account of it made me smash my controller.

QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ Jan 12 2009, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1478619[/snapback]
Yeah, this game is fucking legit. But once you get to level 5 (not rank, but the ticket level) - It gets nearly insane, I got mostly golds and a few silvers before that, but I just about get bronze now. The jump in SP difficulty between 4 and 5 is quite gay.

Haven't tried MP yet, might do if I'm bothered

For sure. I haven't got that far but I am not surprised as the first one was fucking hard. Ill probably download a 100% gamesave.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 13 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jan 13 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #18

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Your pics make me not want to play it, and I know how good it is.

Ingame photo taker mabob should be kept between dedicated MS'ers I guess..

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Jan 13 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #19

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,717

Can't wait till I unlock that Dino-truck

Also shut it ast, dont' be disrespectin on D-Os' e-photography skillz
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Yah, you tell him Mek!

And yah, that Dino truck is sick. I was just in that Capitano.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 06:18 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4