> What DON'T you want for GTA 5?
Marney1
post Sep 17 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

We all seem to have ideas for what we 'DO' want for the next GTA but what would you like to see left out?

For me, I'm tired of the total domination of the skies by limitless rockets raining down from helicopters (MP TBoGT) - I'd like to see limitless rockets left out. Maybe if you had to resupply it'd give a more even playing field for everyone.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 17 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I've said this a thousand times, I don't want a main character who's a "murderer with a heart of gold." I want a remorseless thug who is a criminal because he wants to be one, not because "society forced him to."

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Sep 17 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #3

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Fuel tanks in cars. Fuck that.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jacko
post Sep 18 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #4

GTA King

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,636
XBL Gamertag: KemppaBoyz
PSN Name: JackoFIN

No achievements and trophies. I fucking hate them.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Sep 18 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #5

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

^lol

I absolutely do not want the same online ranking/level "i'm higher than you so i get to kill you faster" crap RDR has. Quite annoying. I like IV where everyone gets the same guns and does the same amount of damage. It's all about skill, not how many hours you grinded through hideouts to get a stupid zebra.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Sep 18 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #6

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 17 2010, 06:07 PM) *
I've said this a thousand times, I don't want a main character who's a "murderer with a heart of gold." I want a remorseless thug who is a criminal because he wants to be one, not because "society forced him to."

One of the reasons that Tommy was such a popular character.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
cuda is your boi
post Sep 19 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #7

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

i don't want any more shit pc ports.

christ, just tried out 4 on the PC and they really fucked up, driving with a mouse is GRAETTT.

--------------------

I AM NOT A LIER SIR PLEASE DONT CALL ME ONE I SEEN THE WEB SITE WOULD U LIKE TO C IT?

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Sep 19 2010, 04:01 AM
Post #8

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 17 2010, 05:07 PM) *

I disagree.

I don't mind the whole "society forced him to" kind of character. I mean, look at CJ, he was a product of his environment. He has a funny side, a somewhat caring side, yet he was still an ice cold killah who would kill a mo'fuckah in a heartbeat if nigga gonna touch my chicken like that!

I mean, Tommy killed because he had to, he didn't just WANT to go kill. Someone got in his way, he killed them. He was badass.

Johnny Klebitz. He was my favorite of the GTAIV trilogy. Why? Because he was the only one I could actually see going around fucking up peoples day. He was the only one I could actually see in a police chase shooting back at them. He was the only one who was a believable, bonafide badass who didn't give-a-fuck.

EDIT:

I just realized I had no point to that, what I was saying is that the character you described sounds like something from Manhunt. I don't mind guys like Tommy, Johnny, and Carl who kill because they have to and don't cry about it later. I mean, I liked Niko's character how he was a kwahog, but it didn't seem right that he felt bad about killing people like [Insert] McReary or Dwayne, yet had no problem it seemed killing pedestrians.

This post has been edited by TwoFacedTanner: Sep 19 2010, 04:15 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Sep 20 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #9

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Asian gangs.

Interest flops when I hear about the Yakuza for the 6 billionth time.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Sep 21 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #10

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

Jews.
-
-
-
-
-
oh and maybe motorbikes that have shitty handling, the only thing that really made iv annoying as fuck was the motorbikes. goes round corner, hits oncoming car/pavement and then wall.

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 22 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #11

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

1) i don't want my phone ringing off the hook with friends wanting to hang out every 5 minutes... if you have 5 friends, they don't all need to call once a day... it should be a rare thing, like if they haven't heard from you in like a in-game week... the DLC episodes friends never called, which to me was a little strange... they still need to call, just not as often as they did in IV...

2) i don't want the cops to recognize me as soon as i turn the corner... i want them to have a sort of radar that registers at like 70% efficiency... if i drive past a cop in a car fleeing a scene where i murdered someone, i don't want the cops to instantly recognize me just because you drove past them... there should be variables like how fast you are driving, if traffic is kind of hiding me, if there's a traffic distraction in front of the cop, etc...

they did do this system right though in the fact that if i flee the scene in a car not recognized by the police, i can get away at a distance... but as soon as i get close, they spot me... cops don't regularly look at drivers of other vehicles when looking for suspects... they usually look for them on foot, or the vehicle you were last spotted in...

3) i don't want to amass a huge amount of money with nothing to spend it on... give us some businesses to purchase, make the main character a bit of a real estate entrepreneur who wants to make his money work for him... the lost and damned gave johnny a small amount of money, which worked to an extent but, again, there was nothing to spend it on except for more weapons...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Sep 22 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #12

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 22 2010, 11:32 AM) *
1) i don't want my phone ringing off the hook with friends wanting to hang out every 5 minutes... if you have 5 friends, they don't all need to call once a day... it should be a rare thing, like if they haven't heard from you in like a in-game week... the DLC episodes friends never called, which to me was a little strange... they still need to call, just not as often as they did in IV...

2) i don't want the cops to recognize me as soon as i turn the corner... i want them to have a sort of radar that registers at like 70% efficiency... if i drive past a cop in a car fleeing a scene where i murdered someone, i don't want the cops to instantly recognize me just because you drove past them... there should be variables like how fast you are driving, if traffic is kind of hiding me, if there's a traffic distraction in front of the cop, etc...

they did do this system right though in the fact that if i flee the scene in a car not recognized by the police, i can get away at a distance... but as soon as i get close, they spot me... cops don't regularly look at drivers of other vehicles when looking for suspects... they usually look for them on foot, or the vehicle you were last spotted in...

3) i don't want to amass a huge amount of money with nothing to spend it on... give us some businesses to purchase, make the main character a bit of a real estate entrepreneur who wants to make his money work for him... the lost and damned gave johnny a small amount of money, which worked to an extent but, again, there was nothing to spend it on except for more weapons...

I love you.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 23 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #13

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

yea, i get that a lot...

4) i don't want to drive in and out of the spray paint shop over and over just to get a color i want... if your not going to allow car customization in the next GTA that's fine... but at least allow us to choose the color of the car... maybe keep it mapped to a button because, some people really do use the garage to flee the cops so, maybe let the garage work normally like it does in GTAIV... but if your interested in customizing the color/ride, give us the option of holding down a button to enter the garage...

or give us a special garage we can take out car to so we can choose the color/customizing options there... give us one on each island so we don't have to drive across two islands just to change the paint job...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 23 2010, 02:58 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Sep 24 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #14

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Damn TFT beat me to it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JohnByng
post Sep 29 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #15

Nobody Special

Member No.: 38,854

I hate being chased by cop copters in the city and not being able to shoot them, they hover right overhead where you cant aim your RPG but they can shoot you.

I like the mouse driving, it's weird at first but you get used to it and it can help you when turning corners at speed etc.

I like all the main characters so far, CJ is my favourite but Nikko is great too. I don't want a cold hearted killer - where's the interest in that? Psycho's are boring, they don't have much converstion except "Do you want to see what your heart looks like?".

They could leave out the ambulances. Now that you don't get to do ambulance missions (I liked them!) they just get in the way because they drive like CJ did on his way to SF in the hippy van.

I tjhink it might be difficult but I would like to be able to swim underwater like in SA, maybe they could have weapon stashes wrapped in plastic to find and hidden entrances to buildings (they should have had a way of getting into the dam building via a outflow pipe or something in SA).

Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Nov 23 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #16

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

I don't want my car to plow through people and lamposts only to be stopped dead by a sapling tree... GTA IV was a vast improvement in terms of physics, but I think it could be tweaked a lot more.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Nov 23 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #17

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE (JonnyCanonFodder @ Nov 23 2010, 01:30 PM) *
I don't want my car to plow through people and lamposts only to be stopped dead by a sapling tree... GTA IV was a vast improvement in terms of physics, but I think it could be tweaked a lot more.

Small trees and bushes stopping cars dead in their tracks is realistic.

I think they should get rid of the fat security guards in multiplayer. Sometimes I'll be sitting off near the airport and can't figure out who the hell is shooting me. I'm looking through my scope but can't see any other player for miles, let alone within range, then I look down and that fat fucking security guard is slotting me.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Nov 23 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #18

Trickster

Member No.: 42,061

I do not want to accrue money like a Saudi Sheik and only spend it on useless shit.

I do not want a lackof fashion, and I do not want a lack of glamour.

I don't want a hollow storyline [so far they have been excellent] and I don't want a lack of character motivation.

Kay. Also I don't want the spraypainters to control what color I want to paint my damn limo.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
alooper21
post Feb 19 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 754

hell, most people get to say what they want, which is not what this topic is about. what i don't want in the next gta is events that somehow force me to participate in, in order to not loose something. and that's the larger view of it. because when i focuse on it, it comes down to "friends" thing. i mean is ok to have friends to go out with, but they should be triggered by calling them, not randomly, when they call you. so if i want to play a speciffic minigame, this should have the freedom to do that whenever i want, not whenever the game thinks so!
so yeah, it is all about not being forcibly dragged by the game into minigames!

This post has been edited by alooper21: Feb 19 2011, 10:21 PM

--------------------
Excerpt from GTA5:

Love is complicated :(
I fucked bitches... killed bitches... robbed bitches...
Maybe here... things won't be different :)
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 24 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #20

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 18 2010, 09:10 AM) *
^lol

I absolutely do not want the same online ranking/level "i'm higher than you so i get to kill you faster" crap RDR has. Quite annoying. I like IV where everyone gets the same guns and does the same amount of damage. It's all about skill, not how many hours you grinded through hideouts to get a stupid zebra.

Yeah 2nd that.

i'd like to not see unstable online games with stupid crashed, and i'd also like to not see less side missions like GTAIV... I'd also like them to retract the silly friendship feature and having to keep baby sitting them to earn perks.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:32 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4