HEAT84
post Jun 20 2009, 02:30 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,927

http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/patch/index.html
Maintenance Update:

* -Resource management adjustments based on the operating system detected.

If you use the Xliveless hack, you should wait until Listener releases a version that supports this patch before installing it(That is unless you don't mind RGSC and GFWL loading again, and don't forget to put the savegames back in the original savegames folder if that's the case). I'm gonna wait a couple days myself. It might actually work anyway depending how the DLL works. If it does an actual version check (or maybe a CRC check) of GTAIV.exe then it won't work, but if it was just made to be compatible with 1.0.3.0 then it might just work with this.

I'm interested to know how this effects Windows 7 since that hasn't officially been released yet. Will it see it as and optimize it for Vista?

Most people at (that other GTA forum) rolleyes.gif are either experiencing no change or better performance, but some people actually experienced a performance drop. I recommend setting a system restore point before installing the patch in case it doesn't have a positive effect. That is unless you don't mind doing the traveling carnival thing (uninstalling and reinstalling the game and then reinstalling the 1.0.3.0 patch).
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 21 2009, 05:11 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,927

Listener released an Xliveless version for this update yesterday: http://public.sannybuilder.com/GTA4/xliveless-0.97b.rar

This post has been edited by HEAT84: Jun 21 2009, 05:12 AM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:15 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4