Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Money Vanishing, Money Vanishing
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Feb 4 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,125

Has anyone else had their money vanishing for no reason? Yesterday I had nearly $150,000 in my Multi-player and when I logged in today it said I have nothing. Where did my money go?

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 4 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Feb 4 2009, 08:52 AM) [snapback]1481970[/snapback]
Has anyone else had their money vanishing for no reason? Yesterday I had nearly $150,000 in my Multi-player and when I logged in today it said I have nothing. Where did my money go?

I think you just need a new PS3 or to find another game. You're jinxed.
Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Feb 4 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 4 2009, 03:45 PM) [snapback]1481993[/snapback]
QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Feb 4 2009, 08:52 AM) [snapback]1481970[/snapback]

I think you just need a new PS3 or to find another game. You're jinxed.

My money came back. There was a lot of problems then. I get getting booted out of games and I kept getting logged out. Others told me they had the same except their money was always there. Maybe others had their money going and coming back but I asked the wrong people about that on the PS3 voice. I know there's been a topic in another thread about lagging etc, I must say, a lot of people had serious lagging as well. I don't know what went wrong today. With that lagging, people were saying over the voice about how annoying and funny things were and the game had about sixteen people and about four minutes after the started with loads of the duration remaining, I suddenly got a message saying I was the only player where they all quit. Some of the lagging had people that appeared to have them being dragged back, forth, left and right but an invisble rope or something. I checked my connection and it said 100% and others said there's wasn't like that until the same time. Shorlty after some of us invited each other in the same games and things had improved.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
fug34
post Feb 14 2009, 12:39 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 47,935

It can take a few hours for the PS3 stats to update and when they do they often don't give you all the money that you had originally. I have wrote my total down a few times and always come up a few grand short.
Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Feb 14 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(fug34 @ Feb 14 2009, 12:39 AM) [snapback]1483904[/snapback]
It can take a few hours for the PS3 stats to update and when they do they often don't give you all the money that you had originally. I have wrote my total down a few times and always come up a few grand short.

I'm wondering if my cash went for a bit because I turned my PS3 off without quitting the game first by the PS3 button on the controller. MAybe I never gave my Multi-player account to save my setting and it does a recovery later when the console is back on. When I said "back on", when I turned mine on for the first time one time, my money was zero and when I quit my game, rebooted my PS3 and loaded GTA 4, my money was back. I swear I made the same blunder of shutting my PS3 off without quiting the game another time and then I noticed my cash was zero again until I switched my PS3 on, loaded the game, quit the game, rebooted my PS3 and loaded the game again. For some reason it seems that we have to turn the PS3 on and load the game twice on two seperate occassions to get things back.

It's like when I tuen my modem and router on, when I turn my PS3 on straight afterwards I can't get the internet running through. I have to either wait a bit and it wil work or reboot my PS3 and then it will work. It seems the PS3 is sensitive with the internet side and how we turn it off. It's best to quit a game before turning off the PS3.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
fug34
post Feb 14 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Nah dude it still screws your stats if you cancel out the game properly. If you quit mid game it aparently doesn't update at all, but mines will sometimes add some of my money but not it all. I have probably been screwed out of $400.000 or something.

If you stop playing GTA IV then check your stats have updated before playing again though, I noticed you can cancel your previous session out if you don't let it update.

I think it is all to due with the Social Club, if you go on there you have to log in with your details so Rockstar can grab the data from the GameSpy servers.
Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Feb 16 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(fug34 @ Feb 14 2009, 01:06 AM) [snapback]1483917[/snapback]
Nah dude it still screws your stats if you cancel out the game properly. If you quit mid game it aparently doesn't update at all, but mines will sometimes add some of my money but not it all. I have probably been screwed out of $400.000 or something.

If you stop playing GTA IV then check your stats have updated before playing again though, I noticed you can cancel your previous session out if you don't let it update.

I think it is all to due with the Social Club, if you go on there you have to log in with your details so Rockstar can grab the data from the GameSpy servers.

Thanks for that info. Some games I did have to restart things where people kicked me out for some dumb reason and I was jammed on the message about me being returned to the one-player session and when I pressed the X button to return there it never worked and I had to quit the game that rebooted my PS3 as well. I don't know why some handbags want to kick people out for no reason. I remember the other day in one game, somebody did and I guess it was because he hated the fact that I was killing more people than anyone else. He was a sad loser.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
fug34
post Feb 16 2009, 04:02 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

I haven't been awarded money for 2 days now, I should have made around $300.000 I have emailed Rockstar about this as I am sick of it, it is impossible to play this now as my stats are 100% inaccurate.
Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Feb 19 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(fug34 @ Feb 16 2009, 04:02 AM) [snapback]1484182[/snapback]
I haven't been awarded money for 2 days now, I should have made around $300.000 I have emailed Rockstar about this as I am sick of it, it is impossible to play this now as my stats are 100% inaccurate.

I know one thing. Rockstar dick around where they either ignore us or they try and blame issues on something else. One time I asked them about why there's so much lagging and they told me my settings were wrong. I thought what utter bollocks. My settings are correct and my connection always reads 100%. The fault is in their server. The same as they have a fault in their server because of people getting a DNS error that signs people off the Multi-player and I know that isn't a kicking. The DNS error is a completely different thing. When people get kicked off they don't have to sign back in. The DNS error logs people out. One time when I got the DNS error I couldn't sign back in and I quit GTA 4 and I went to Playstation Home and I was able to log back in fine and walk around my suite. When I loaded GTA 4 back in the bloody Multi-player finally worked. It seems odd why strange shit happens when logged into Rockstar's server and it's fine elsewhere. All Rockstar seem to do is blame us for having a fault. I'm still awaiting for them to answer to the glitch in BOMB DA BASE II that I reported to them. I guess it's time for me to e-mail them again over that. Rockstar cause more glitches than anyone else. I wish Activision made the GTA games. I find Activision's graphics better as well even with their old games. Just think, all the graphics to the GTA games before GTA 4 are shit. I can't remember all the titles but I bought some Activision games when Rockstar released GTA: SA and I thought the Activision games had better graphics to GTA: SA as well as the other GTA games.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Mar 6 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #10

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

maybe you spent it?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Mar 6 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 6 2009, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1488917[/snapback]
maybe you spent it?

Over $520,000 in one day? That would be a lot of hotdog, burgers and hookers etc. Lol. I think I know what caused it, I think it depends on how you exit the game. I think it happened one time when I shut my PS3 off and I forgot to quit the game first. It happened again over something like that. I know one time my connection cut off and I went to quit the game and my PS3 rebooted itself and when I was back I went in a game and after it it said I needed about $5,000 for a higher ranking and I knew it happened again and when I checked my money I only had about $4,000. After quiting the game and rebooting the PS3 and switching back on and re-loading the game, all my money was back.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Mar 8 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #12

Poshboy...

QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Mar 6 2009, 10:54 PM) [snapback]1488935[/snapback]
maybe you spent it?

Over $520,000 in one day? That would be a lot of hotdog, burgers and hookers etc. Lol. I think I know what caused it, I think it depends on how you exit the game. I think it happened one time when I shut my PS3 off and I forgot to quit the game first. It happened again over something like that. I know one time my connection cut off and I went to quit the game and my PS3 rebooted itself and when I was back I went in a game and after it it said I needed about $5,000 for a higher ranking and I knew it happened again and when I checked my money I only had about $4,000. After quiting the game and rebooting the PS3 and switching back on and re-loading the game, all my money was back.

i dont have that problem on ps3,360 or pc.weird...i could spend $520,000 in one day.its easy.i can do it in one shop too.and its a charity shop!

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Mar 8 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 8 2009, 08:52 PM) [snapback]1489193[/snapback]
QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Mar 6 2009, 10:54 PM) [snapback]1488935[/snapback]
maybe you spent it?

i dont have that problem on ps3,360 or pc.weird...i could spend $520,000 in one day.its easy.i can do it in one shop too.and its a charity shop!

My money went again today and this time it never came back no matter how many times I reloaded the game. I loaded it about thirty times and still nothing. After GTA Race it said I needed billions and billions to get another rank. I can't remember the exact amount. So, there's another glitch to the list. One of my friends on the PS3 said he had the same problem at times.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 9 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #14

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

yea, everything got reset yesterday... when i jumped on, i was ranked 0 again... but, i didn't play any games and when i relaunched GTAIV later that evening, it was all back to normal...

i think the best way to avoid playing for a few days with a lower ranking is just avoiding playing at all when the ranking system is messed up... one time when i was ranked 0 i played a few games and my ranking stayed that way for two weeks!! but yesterday when the problem popped up, i turned off the system and, it was back to normal later that evening when i did decide to play...

i am glad that these problems don't last forever because, i am $45,000 away from level 9 and i'd hate to have the problem be permanent and lose all that hard work biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 9 2009, 05:04 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Mar 9 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #15

Poshboy...

it might be r* are doing a daily update?sneaking in new bins and trees...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Mar 11 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 9 2009, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1489319[/snapback]
yea, everything got reset yesterday... when i jumped on, i was ranked 0 again... but, i didn't play any games and when i relaunched GTAIV later that evening, it was all back to normal...

i think the best way to avoid playing for a few days with a lower ranking is just avoiding playing at all when the ranking system is messed up... one time when i was ranked 0 i played a few games and my ranking stayed that way for two weeks!! but yesterday when the problem popped up, i turned off the system and, it was back to normal later that evening when i did decide to play...

i am glad that these problems don't last forever because, i am $45,000 away from level 9 and i'd hate to have the problem be permanent and lose all that hard work biggrin.gif...

Normally when this happens to me I can get things back on track after re-loading the game. On Saturday my money was zero all bloody day after loads of re-loading attempts through 90 minutes. In the end I quit and I was lumbered with the Free Game because it doesn't involve money. My money and ranks were back to normal the following day.

QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 9 2009, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1489358[/snapback]
it might be r* are doing a daily update?sneaking in new bins and trees...

You could be correct there. It's like some web sites are temporary down due to maintenance for whatever reason.

I remember a funny message on a web site one time. I went on the site and a message said "Sorry this site is down because a member of our staff fucked-up."

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Mar 12 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #17

Poshboy...

thats the internet for you.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Mar 13 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 12 2009, 09:19 PM) [snapback]1489899[/snapback]

More like Rockstar for us. The worst companies are Rockstar and Microsoft. Meaning, they always fuck-up.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Mar 14 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #19

Poshboy...

QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Mar 13 2009, 09:37 AM) [snapback]1490020[/snapback]
QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 12 2009, 09:19 PM) [snapback]1489899[/snapback]

More like Rockstar for us. The worst companies are Rockstar and Microsoft. Meaning, they always fuck-up.

yea,everyone fucks up.but didnt sony fuck up as well?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Aero-R
post Mar 18 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 49,710

Hello everybody. I'm new into this forum, in fact I've done the registry just for this problem in the GTA IV servers. I'm from Spain and I'd have the same problem that you, I've spent hours and hours looking on internet for some answers, asking people on the net, asking people while playing the online..., I even e-mailed Rockstar's support account: no answers at all.

Just don't lose your time with the idea of it was caused by a wrong exit of the game or something like that, simply because in my case it was totally different and I also had two times the same problem. Some things to take in my from my case:

- I've lost my rank & money two times, I've bought this game 4 days ago so fortunately what I lost was only my Level 1 (losing all, so starting from Level 0), and days later my Level 2 (that time only loosing one rank, so I was then down to Level 1).
- The system I'm using is Playstation 3 and I did never exit the game with the "PS" button while playing, neither turn off the sytem by this game while on the Multiplayer. I just did exit, after the match had finished, by pressing the "O" button when we were on the screen in which you're selecting the Guns, Area, Time, Game Mode.... you know.
- The system I'm using have no errors with other games, also no Playstation Network disconnections while I was playing.
- After the first lost, I always saved the game as soon as I did exit the Multiplayer mode. I do know that it doesn't do much because those stats should be saved on the Rockstar's servers, but I was shocked the 1st time I lost my rank and money. Unfortunately, even with that, the day after was the day in which I lost by second time my Rank and Money, so that also doesn't work.
- I always, when on the results screen after the match had finished, wait for those 10 seconds or press "X" instead of "O" to have the stats saved.

This problem not only causes the Platinum trophy unreachable because of the impossible fact to get Level 10 Rank if this problem persist. This also is embrassing because we've paid a 60€ game that has its whole Multiplayer mode with errors, so we can't progress. I still remember my times on the first GTA on Playstation... it also had a lot of bugs, but c'mon this time I thought it would be different and now I find myself with a copy of a game that also have bugs like the first, but now in 2009 era.

Anybody have any info regarding this?. I've know people on Rank 8 and 9 that doesn't know anything about this problem. I started to think it may be the ID of each one (maybe the server doesn't saves properly the stats for those names with characters like "-" on the names or something like that?). Any help would be appreciated. Excuse my english and thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Aero-R: Mar 18 2009, 12:21 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 09:10 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4