+Quote Post
Pieface
post Oct 18 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #2

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

Don't see the point in pre-ordering to be honest.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Oct 18 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #3

Poshboy...

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

I knew I forgot a game. Whens it out?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Bitch Heartless
post Oct 18 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #4

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 11,923

I pre ordered.. Main reason is cause it comes with a free guide book if you do in my gamestop.

--------------------
LilTermite/Clutch/RedLeg
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Oct 19 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #5

Jailbird
Group Icon

QUOTE (Clutch @ Oct 18 2009, 11:11 PM) *
I pre ordered.. Main reason is cause it comes with a free guide book if you do in my gamestop.

Don't you go to Iraq soon?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DeKo
post Oct 19 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

Fuck MW2, read this: http://digg.com/pc_games/Modern_Warfare_2_...od_Tools_for_PC

No dedi servers, no mod tools. what they are doing is fucking over the PC gamers who made CoD what it is. What it will be is a shite console port, with the same console style of finding and hosting a game, meaning only being able to play with absolute cunts and lag, lag and tons more lag.

Its a fucking disgrace.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 19 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #7

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I like Modern Warfare but I wish you could go anywhere you like and maybe set up your own ambushes. Being railroaded through the game pisses me off though because it has no re-playability factor once complete, there's only one way of getting through a mission so you can't try a different tactical approach to see if it's possible.
I finished MW in about 4 hrs and haven't played it since. The multiplayer maps are far too small too.

But I will be getting MW2 because I enjoyed the first 4 hrs immensly.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Swiift
post Oct 19 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #8

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,096

QUOTE (Captain.Charisma @ Oct 18 2009, 09:54 PM) *
I knew I forgot a game. Whens it out?

10th November 2009

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
anomalous_result
post Oct 19 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #9

Litterer

Member No.: 26,242

QUOTE (DeKo @ Oct 19 2009, 11:21 AM) *
Fuck MW2, read this: http://digg.com/pc_games/Modern_Warfare_2_...od_Tools_for_PC

No dedi servers, no mod tools. what they are doing is fucking over the PC gamers who made CoD what it is. What it will be is a shite console port, with the same console style of finding and hosting a game, meaning only being able to play with absolute cunts and lag, lag and tons more lag.

Its a fucking disgrace.

dis.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Oct 19 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #10

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I wasn't going to get it on 360 anyway on the sheer principle of it being 55 for no reason whatsoever, but that's pretty fail not having dedicated servers or mods for the PC version. I thought that's what PC games were all about.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 19 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #11

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I'm going to wait on this. For awhile. MW1 didn't blow my mind, WaW is alright. I'm sure MW2 will be amazing, but there is no real desire to pick this up... for awhile.

This post has been edited by Stoic Person Eater: Oct 19 2009, 06:15 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 19 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #12

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Oct 19 2009, 07:00 PM) *
I wasn't going to get it on 360 anyway on the sheer principle of it being 55 for no reason whatsoever, but that's pretty fail not having dedicated servers or mods for the PC version. I thought that's what PC games were all about.

55? It can fucking wait 'til it's in Cash Converters!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bitch Heartless
post Oct 19 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #13

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,923

QUOTE (Clutch @ Oct 18 2009, 03:11 PM) *

We were.. our orders got stopped.. It was all over the news.. The Army now wants us to train up all over again but this time at our actual job Artillery instead of Infantry stuff for a March/April deployment to Afghanistan..

--------------------
LilTermite/Clutch/RedLeg
Achievements

+Quote Post
Swiift
post Oct 19 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #14

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,096

If you preorder now you can get 10 off but still It came to about 50 with P+P, I don't know why it's so expensive.
Probably because they can charge what they like because people are really wanting this game, most anticipated game of '09.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
MattyDienhoff
post Oct 29 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,191

QUOTE (DeKo @ Oct 19 2009, 08:51 PM) *

Its a fucking disgrace.

This, combined with the fact that it's $90 AUD on Steam, means that if I buy it at all, it'll be a year or two from now when it's not so absurdly overpriced. I mean, Jesus Christ, we're talking about a Call of Duty game here. A linear, on-rails, seen-one-set-piece-seen-em-all FPS with zero replay value and multiplayer which is full of tools and is basically just CSS in disguise anyway. If I want Call of Duty multiplayer, I'll play Call of Duty 4, because what else will MW2's multiplayer be if not more of the same with more guns and perks?

Furthermore, from what I've seen of the game so far it seems like they're just jam packing all the modern weapons technology they can find into the game, whether it makes any sense or not. Humvees with Miniguns mounted on top, Brazilian militia with FN F2000 assault rifles, Russian "ultra-nationalists" with prototype TDI Vector submachine guns... Why don't they give the villains a secret lair down in the Earth's crust while they're at it?

QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 19 2009, 09:17 PM) *
I like Modern Warfare but I wish you could go anywhere you like and maybe set up your own ambushes. Being railroaded through the game pisses me off though because it has no re-playability factor once complete, there's only one way of getting through a mission so you can't try a different tactical approach to see if it's possible.
I finished MW in about 4 hrs and haven't played it since. The multiplayer maps are far too small too.

Unfortunately, that's par for the course. Call of Duty is about as linear as they come and that's not likely to change any time soon. There are alternatives, such as Crysis or, at the far end of the scale, Armed Assault.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Oct 29 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #16

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Well, at least rent it on console. The campaigns are always pretty sweet. I might get it. I used to the shiftiness of match making. I sometimes wonder why I don't play counter strike anymore. One reason could be that everyone that sill plays it is too fucking good and I get my ass kicked.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DeKo
post Oct 30 2009, 01:22 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (MattyDienhoff @ Oct 29 2009, 10:19 PM) *
This, combined with the fact that it's $90 AUD on Steam, means that if I buy it at all, it'll be a year or two from now when it's not so absurdly overpriced. I mean, Jesus Christ, we're talking about a Call of Duty game here. A linear, on-rails, seen-one-set-piece-seen-em-all FPS with zero replay value and multiplayer which is full of tools and is basically just CSS in disguise anyway. If I want Call of Duty multiplayer, I'll play Call of Duty 4, because what else will MW2's multiplayer be if not more of the same with more guns and perks?

Unfortunately you wont, at least not for PC. They are forcing you to tie the game in with steam, completely killing the second hand market for this game.

QUOTE (I am really cool. @ Oct 29 2009, 10:36 PM) *
Well, at least rent it on console. The campaigns are always pretty sweet. I might get it. I used to the shiftiness of match making. I sometimes wonder why I don't play counter strike anymore. One reason could be that everyone that sill plays it is too fucking good and I get my ass kicked.

Its a pity that FPS's are absolute pish on consoles.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Oct 30 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #18

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (DeKo @ Oct 29 2009, 09:22 PM) *
QUOTE (MattyDienhoff @ Oct 29 2009, 10:19 PM) *

Unfortunately you wont, at least not for PC. They are forcing you to tie the game in with steam, completely killing the second hand market for this game.

QUOTE (I am really cool. @ Oct 29 2009, 10:36 PM) *

Its a pity that FPS's are absolute pish on consoles.

Pretty much. It's also a pity they don't rent PC games.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Oct 30 2009, 02:29 AM
Post #19

Jailbird
Group Icon

They're doing the whole no Dedi servers, and tying to steam just for one thing, so they can finally charge for DLC on the PC.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Oct 31 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #20

Rat
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,884

QUOTE (DeKo @ Oct 19 2009, 04:21 AM) *

Its a fucking disgrace.

Dude, I hope you're not serious. Calm down. They realize computers are not the market they need to be worried about....

QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 19 2009, 04:47 AM) *

That would be cool but thats more of a Flashpoint or Tom Clancy style than call of duty where you win with fire power and only with fire power.

I find it best to play the game on the hardest difficulty the second time around. If you play on hardened then again on veteran it is a diff aspect a little and makes the game more interesting because you're looking for diff cover and slowing it down, while appreciating certain new things. Its worth at least 3 or 4 re plays as long as you space it out and I personally love multi player its really intense some times.

And Im sure this one will be a lot longer thats all they heard after the last one came out and I am sure they dont want to repeat that mistake.

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Oct 19 2009, 12:15 PM) *
I'm going to wait on this. For awhile. MW1 didn't blow my mind, WaW is alright. I'm sure MW2 will be amazing, but there is no real desire to pick this up... for awhile.

Alright? These games are fucking great. Maybe not mind blowing but still amazing. I mean, unless these style games arent your fav..

QUOTE (MattyDienhoff @ Oct 29 2009, 04:19 PM) *
Furthermore, from what I've seen of the game so far it seems like they're just jam packing all the modern weapons technology they can find into the game, whether it makes any sense or not. Humvees with Miniguns mounted on top, Brazilian militia with FN F2000 assault rifles, Russian "ultra-nationalists" with prototype TDI Vector submachine guns... Why don't they give the villains a secret lair down in the Earth's crust while they're at it?
ere are alternatives, such as Crysis or, at the far end of the scale, Armed Assault.

Lol thats true but with the way the fans creamed over having a modern setting last time of course they would try to make that money train last.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 12:13 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4