> Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie
Marney1
post Aug 21 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

I sometimes get the trophy; 'Let Sleeping Roskstars Lie' and the details say 'You Killed A Rockstar In Multiplayer'.

Is the Rockstar I killed a R* employee or what?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 21 2009, 03:24 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

It's a viral achievement. You killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed a Rockstar employee.

You should only get it once. That's how achievements work, not sure about "trophies" or whatever the PS3 ripoffs are called.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Aug 21 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #3

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I use different accounts other than marney1 sometimes so I probably just got it once on each.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 21 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #4

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

it's the same as your whimpy achievements stoic... kill someone who killed someone who killed a rockstar employee... i got mine in the only team deathmatch me and analogkid ever played... now i get messages from random people every now and then asking me if i work for R* when they get the trophy for killing me...

i say yes then block 'em biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 24 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 21 2009, 05:37 PM) [snapback]1519057[/snapback]
it's the same as your whimpy achievements stoic...

Look, don't fanboyistic on me just because Sony stole the concept from Microsoft.

now i get messages from random people every now and then asking me if i work for R* when they get the trophy for killing me...

i say yes then block 'em :D...

That's hilarious.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 25 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 24 2009, 09:04 AM) [snapback]1519348[/snapback]
it's the same as your whimpy achievements stoic...

Look, don't fanboyistic on me just because Sony stole the concept from Microsoft.

hey, there's nothing fanboyistic about calling achievements whimpy... you called trophies rip-offs... since when is giving gamers a sense of accomplishment considered a rip-off?? just thought i'd get in on your fanboyish comment and start a full fledged console war...

ok, not really... but at least both offer the sense of accomplishment... no need to label em rip-offs or whimpy...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Aug 26 2009, 04:21 AM
Post #7

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,125

You are right about the trophies/achievements being a sense of accomplishment, b0nEs. I'll be smiling when I get my GTA platinum biggrin.gif

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 26 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #8

i wish i could get that trophy... i know for damn sure i'll never get that "euf von something or another" one where you need to win in all types of matches and all types of races... i'm still working on the "fly the co-op" but, i can't get the bomb da base II time... i got the other two...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Aug 27 2009, 04:15 AM
Post #9

Vandal

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 26 2009, 09:05 AM) [snapback]1519688[/snapback]
i wish i could get that trophy... i know for damn sure i'll never get that "euf von something or another" one where you need to win in all types of matches and all types of races... i'm still working on the "fly the co-op" but, i can't get the bomb da base II time... i got the other two...

I just got "Fly the Co-op" the other day, If you want I could help you get it and other online trophies. I'm pretty busy this week (house sitting, work, farm chores, plus on top of all that I'm getting ready to move into my dorm for university this coming weekend) but when I have some free time I would lend a hand.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 28 2009, 05:57 AM
Post #10

hey, i'll add you... sounds good whenever you get the chance... 'ol HB~Sauce makin' an appearance biggrin.gif...

i do want to get more of the online trophies for GTAIV... i fucked up my chances at some of the single player trophies and i'm looking to restart that file... i messed up the random ped missions... i didn't start doing them until after the story and the ones that have more than one mission wouldn't appear after their first one... guides say to do some missions to get them to re-appear but lol, i was done with those... i was going for the "under 30 hours" trophy and flew through the missions... now that i know, i'll be doing another play through sometime in the near future... but, i'm waiting until i don't have anything to play because, i've got some games to tide me over...

but seriously, i want to get some of those online trophies... i've tried my ass off at some of them and never got 'em... the one that says to "not damage your car much in a race"... yea, i can't seem to get that one... i'm about 900K away from the level 10 trophy but, i can get that one no problem because, me and my friends play A TON of deal breaker lol....

haven't gotten the "kill 20 players with a pistol" trophy either because, all my friends want to do is play deal breaker lol... i mean, i love that mission... it offers the most freedom of any co-op mission... but, i want to work at some of the others... i think i have the times for deal breaker and hangman's NOOSE but, i can't seem to even come close on the bomb da base one...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Aug 29 2009, 05:44 AM
Post #11

Vandal

How long do you wait for the random peds to show up? I find that I had to wait a couple of in game days for the second encounters to happen. I also rushed to finish the story in under 30 hours and was able to find them all.

As for the online trophies, it's either time consuming (Wanted) or you have to trophy boost since no one plays the game modes (AWP trophy).

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Aug 29 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #12

Vandal

Double post, but I just moved into my dorm and it turns out they are smart with their internet access since I can't log on to any internet other then the one on my laptop. I still want to help you so whenever I come home (christmas holidays looks like the closest time, but after april I'll be back home and be able to game it up smile.gif ) I'll be playing online.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:11 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4