Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SAMA - San Andreas Mission Analyzer
gtasa4ever
post Oct 15 2005, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,969

I'm finished with the GUI for the mission analyzer tool I mentioned in this thread. It's attached.

What is it?
  • Reads your savefile and gives you a rundown of your completion status on all missions in the game.
  • Shows you the unique jumps that haven't been done on a map. Optionally also shows landing zones and camera positions for the jumps.
  • Shows you the gang tags, snapshots, horseshoes and oysters that haven't been done on a map.
How to run?
  • Unzip the file and run sama.exe. Open the savefile you want to analyze from the menu.
Release Notes:
  • The program requires that you have .NET framework 1.1 installed to run. If it's not there it won't start. The .NET framework can be found here. If you don't want to install .NET, I've added a command-line version of the tool. It's in the zip file and it's called gx. Run it from a command prompt with "gx save_file_name" and it will give you a printout with all the information.
  • It's been tested with version 1 savefiles. There is no risk in trying it on savefiles from other versions or with mods, since it only reads the savefile. If you do, it will do one of three things - 1) work correctly or 2) give an error message saying that the savefile is invalid or 3) believe the savefile to be valid and analyze it but show results that may be partially or fully incorrect. I've also tried it on 2nd Edition savefiles. It analyzes the file and gives the correct information for the unique jumps and pickups. I'm not sure about the mission information.
  • Storyline missions are not listed in detail. Instead, they're represented by "End of the Line", for which you get a status. I figured that's enough.
Version Updates Changelog
Oct 30 2005
  • Improved the analysis of safehouses and unique jumps. This part now works on a wider range of mods.
  • Command line version automatically searches for savefiles in the default folder where GTA:SA puts them as well as the current directory.
Oct 21 2005
  • Bug fix - the savefile wasn't closed properly so it couldn't be saved again while SAMA was still open.
  • Added a toolbar.
  • Added an option to analyze a GTA:SA loaded game running in parallel with SAMA. This feature uses memory addresses from the 1.0 US version of gta_sa.exe. The memory addresses are not version-portable. As with savefiles, there is no risk in trying it on your game, since it accesses the game's memory in read-only mode. You'll get an error message if a loaded game is not running or if it determines the version is incompatible.
  • Command line version uses ranges for item numbers (shorter printout).
Oct 19 2005
  • Added menu options for saving and printing the map.
  • Made the window size and settings on the map tab page "sticky". They get saved (to the registry) on exit and reloaded on the next run.
  • Command line version now uses pickup item numbers from the maps on gta-sanandreas.com instead of gamefaqs.com smile.gif
  • Fixed some minor errors in the coordinates of some of the items.
Oct 18 2005 - Original Version

This post has been edited by gtasa4ever: Oct 30 2005, 05:05 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  sama.zip ( 677.58K ) Number of downloads: 10772

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SwedishMafia
post Oct 15 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 21,883

It won't execute. It says something about an initiation problem.
Otherwise the idea is great.

--------------------
I'm not going to make him an offer he cannot refuse!

IPB Image

My videos

Achievements

+Quote Post
CygnusX
post Oct 18 2005, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 9,344

QUOTE(SwedishMafia @ Oct 15 2005, 11:57 PM) [snapback]958856[/snapback]

Same here.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
gtasa4ever
post Oct 18 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(CygnusX @ Oct 18 2005, 03:36 PM) [snapback]962339[/snapback]

QUOTE(SwedishMafia @ Oct 15 2005, 11:57 PM) [snapback]958856[/snapback]

Same here.

Please read my note about .NET framework 1.1. As far as I know, that's the only obstacle to running it. If you have .NET 1.1 and it still doesn't run then please let me know and I'll try to figure out why. Thanks.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jan J
post Oct 18 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,968

Runs fine here biggrin.gif

It looks great, especially the map with jumps horseshoes and stuff. thumbup.gif
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Jan J: Oct 18 2005, 03:52 PM

--------------------
Freefall 'the easy way' Download the video at: FileFront
Achievements

+Quote Post
theunrealme88
post Oct 18 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 25,229

I just downloaded SAMA but it wouldnt run so downloaded the .NET framework program and ti works fine now. Great work by the way, top program.
Achievements

+Quote Post
CygnusX
post Oct 19 2005, 08:56 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 9,344

I think this is worth a Pin happy.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Delft
post Oct 19 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,636

It works for me, but when I pick up an oyster, and reload SAMA, it say's I didn't pick up the oyster. It is still listed on the map as "Not picked up." Basically, is it supposed to show if you picked up anything in SAMA or not?

This post has been edited by Groupe: Oct 19 2005, 07:54 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
trep316
post Oct 19 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,224

QUOTE(Groupe @ Oct 20 2005, 04:22 AM) [snapback]964014[/snapback]

It works for me, but when I pick up an oyster, and reload SAMA, it say's I didn't pick up the oyster. It is still listed on the map as "Not picked up." Basically, is it supposed to show if you picked up anything in SAMA or not?

You must exit sama, save your game, exit GTA, open up sama again, open the saved file and it should display the change/s.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
gtasa4ever
post Oct 20 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(trep316 @ Oct 19 2005, 11:53 PM) [snapback]964231[/snapback]

You must exit sama, save your game, exit GTA, open up sama again, open the saved file and it should display the change/s.

You only need to save the game and re-open it in SAMA. There's no need to exit anything.

I have code to read the data directly from the game's memory instead of the savefile, so that it could get updated "on the fly", but I didn't release it, because there are like 10 different versions of gta_sa.exe and reading the game's memory if far less portable than reading the savefile. For instance, Groupe has 2nd Edition I think and I'm pretty sure the 1.0 memory addresses wouldn't work there. That's also the reason why most trainers only work with version 1.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jan J
post Oct 21 2005, 07:25 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,968

QUOTE(gtasa4ever @ Oct 20 2005, 11:46 AM) [snapback]964842[/snapback]
You only need to save the game and re-open it in SAMA. There's no need to exit anything.
If you got SAMA open, it locks the save file, so GTA can't save in the same slot. GRA:SA gives you an error. So you have to either save in another slot, or exit SAMA before you save in the game.

--------------------
Freefall 'the easy way' Download the video at: FileFront
Achievements

+Quote Post
gtasa4ever
post Oct 21 2005, 09:04 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Jan J @ Oct 21 2005, 10:53 AM) [snapback]965804[/snapback]

If you got SAMA open, it locks the save file, so GTA can't save in the same slot. GRA:SA gives you an error. So you have to either save in another slot, or exit SAMA before you save in the game.

This is a bug. I'll fix it. Thanks for pointing it out.

[Update: I uploaded a fix for this]

This post has been edited by gtasa4ever: Oct 21 2005, 09:43 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Butcher
post Oct 21 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 23,198

This seems like a great thing.

I will check it when i get home... (At work now, heheh)

BTW is it a safe download? Doesn't affect your gameplay in anyway, except that it help you get to 100% more easily?

--------------------
Waterpolo Rulez!!
Achievements

+Quote Post
gtasa4ever
post Oct 21 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

I've decided to release a version with the feature I mentioned in post 10 of analyzing your running GTA game in addition to savefiles. It's less version-portable than using savefiles. It's safe to use though because it opens the GTA process in read-only mode and will give an error message if it detects an incompatible memory structure.

QUOTE(The Butcher @ Oct 21 2005, 03:13 PM) [snapback]965904[/snapback]

BTW is it a safe download? Doesn't affect your gameplay in anyway, except that it help you get to 100% more easily?

It opens the savefile in read-only mode and doesn't make any changes to it. Same goes for accessing the running game's memory with the new feature.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Scyx
post Oct 21 2005, 08:16 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 20,161

Hmm, I've tried for a while to install this; but cannot.

My problem lies in the lack of the .NET runtimes, apparently for some reason they do not want to install. It gives me an error of being unable to 'open key' UNKNOWN/INSTALLER/FEATURES/seemingly random numbers and letters
..Verify you have sufficient access to the key.

Anyone have any insights as to how to fix this? (Or perhaps to tell me how to use the DOS version of the framework?)

Anyway, looks like an awesome program so far.
Achievements

+Quote Post
gtasa4ever
post Oct 22 2005, 09:33 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Scyx @ Oct 21 2005, 11:44 PM) [snapback]966301[/snapback]

..Verify you have sufficient access to the key.

Anyone have any insights as to how to fix this?

You need to be logged in as an administrator to install most software... sounds like that might be the problem.

QUOTE(Scyx @ Oct 21 2005, 11:44 PM) [snapback]966301[/snapback]

(Or perhaps to tell me how to use the DOS version of the framework?)

There is no DOS version of the framework. There's a DOS version of SAMA which doesn't need the framework. It's gx.exe in the zip file. Copy it to the folder where you have the savefiles, open a command prompt and go there, then type "gx save_file_name" to get a text printout of your status.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Atreyuu2003
post Oct 23 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 22,565

When I open up Sama, every single thing has a red 'X' next to it, and all I've completed are the gang tags, and a couple of missions. Also, my map doesn't have anything on it, no matter how many of the boxes on the right I have checked or unchecked!

This post has been edited by Atreyuu2003: Oct 23 2005, 06:57 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
gtasa4ever
post Oct 23 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Atreyuu2003 @ Oct 23 2005, 10:23 PM) [snapback]968962[/snapback]

When I open up Sama, every single thing has a red 'X' next to it, and all I've completed are the gang tags, and a couple of missions. Also, my map doesn't have anything on it, no matter how many of the boxes on the right I have checked or unchecked!

what version are you using? do you have mods? Could you upload your savefile please?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Atreyuu2003
post Oct 23 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(gtasa4ever @ Oct 23 2005, 04:10 PM) [snapback]969031[/snapback]

QUOTE(Atreyuu2003 @ Oct 23 2005, 10:23 PM) [snapback]968962[/snapback]

what version are you using? do you have mods? Could you upload your savefile please?

I'm using the one that was taken out of the stores. I have the Hot Coffee mod installed, and I don't know how to upload my save file, or even where to find it. Could you help?
P.S. What is the "gx" file in the zip for?

This post has been edited by Atreyuu2003: Oct 23 2005, 11:34 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Atreyuu2003
post Oct 24 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

I played around with it a bit. If I open my save files every time I open the program, then it works. But, is this correct? Do I have to go in and open every single save file every single time I use the program? That seems awfully redundant.
Also, do you have any idea how to recruit gang members with the PC version? I have a game guide, but it only tells how to do it on a Play Station.
Thanks again,
Troy

This post has been edited by Atreyuu2003: Oct 24 2005, 10:19 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 06:25 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4