+Quote Post
Heartless
post Dec 13 2010, 06:22 AM
Post #2

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

I'm guessing this is the build an army chapter? Suikoden style?

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 13 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #3

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I'm not normally into futuristic games but if what we're seeing in the trailer is actual gameplay footage then I'm interested for once.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 13 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #4

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

it's multiplat too... so, us PS3 users have the opportunity to play and beat mass effect 2 early next year and then patiently await the 3rd installment right alongside the xbox users later in the year... i still can't figure out how microsoft lost exclusive rights to this franchise...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 13 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I wish I could unplay Mass Effect 2. I just didn't care for it - one bit. Maybe it was the sci-fi theme, or the fact that's it's an RPG. I dunno. I love Fallout, but Mass Effect was nowhere near as awesome.

Maybe it's because I didn't have sex with any of the aliens.

Anyway, I sold my copy awhile ago - I'll probably pick a used copy up later next year and try and get more of the achievements, just because I am an achievement whore. But seriously, if I could wipe it from my game history I would - just so I didn't give it another thought.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 13 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #6

i worry about if i'll like it or not... it seems to have a similar path as fallout 3... it's essentially considered to be dragon age with guns, just like fallout got the phrase, oblivion with guns... and dragon's age started to wear thin on me near the end of my journey... it was fun for a while but, started to get tedious with all the micromanaging, VAST dialog trees, and the fact that the story was stolen from lord of the rings, minus the ring...

this is why mass effect 2 will be a rental, just like dragon age: origins... a try it before you buy it... at least the playstation store is getting a demo soon...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Dec 13 2010, 04:12 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 13 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #7

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 13 2010, 11:09 AM) *
i worry about if i'll like it or not... it seems to have a similar path as fallout 3... it's essentially considered to be dragon age with guns, just like fallout got the phrase, oblivion with guns... and dragon's age started to wear thin on me near the end of my journey... it was fun for a while but, started to get tedious with all the micromanaging, VAST dialog trees, and the fact that the story was stolen from lord of the rings, minus the ring...

this is why mass effect 2 will be a rental, just like dragon age: origins... a try it before you buy it... at least the playstation store is getting a demo soon...

That was pretty much it for me - I couldn't give two shits about Shepard (I didn't play Mass Effect 1, either) so the extensive dialog trees killed me. Talk, talk, talk, talk, I, don't, give, a, fuck. The missions were entertaining, but I hated the whole ship as a "central hub" sort of deal, I didn't want to spend more time transversing the ship to have shitty conversations that might or might not get me laid on a videogame. I'm sure there's more to it, but I couldn't give two shits.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 13 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #8

if the action even resembles anything fun and entertaining, it might be what i am looking for... but i fear that the RPG elements are going to be overboard, just like they were in dragon's age... i spent 30 minutes setting up battle tactics that my companions hardly ever used right, then another 30 minutes navigating a dialog branch that went nowhere and ended up pissing someone off... i spent most of the battles near the end of the game managing my companions health rather than fighting the enemies...

i fear this is of the same mold... i used to want to play this series but after dragon's age, i am questioning that thought...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 13 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #9

Boss
Group Icon

I haven't played Dragon's Age simply because of how much I disliked Mass Effect 2. I guess that kind of RPG just isn't for me.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Dec 13 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #10

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 13 2010, 03:52 PM) *
I haven't played Dragon's Age simply because of how much I disliked Mass Effect 2. I guess that kind of RPG just isn't for me.

I wouldn't really call it an RPG. In DA and ME2, it didn't matter what you had to say. It was all the same responses anyways that inevitably drove towards the same conclusion. Granted, Fallout 3 was the same, but the surrounding game made it so much better.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 13 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #11

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (Mental Istid @ Dec 13 2010, 01:22 AM) *
I'm guessing this is the build an army chapter? Suikoden style?

Well, since Bioware is probably going to ignore whether or not you let the Rachni live in 1, or enhanced the Geth, kept the cure for the Krogan genophage, and saved the Collector base in 2, I'd imagine you'll pass up calling in the favors you've earned and put together a ragtag group of gritty space dwellers to take out an entire army of Reapers all by your lonesome...

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 13 2010, 11:57 AM) *
if the action even resembles anything fun and entertaining, it might be what i am looking for... but i fear that the RPG elements are going to be overboard, just like they were in dragon's age... i spent 30 minutes setting up battle tactics that my companions hardly ever used right, then another 30 minutes navigating a dialog branch that went nowhere and ended up pissing someone off... i spent most of the battles near the end of the game managing my companions health rather than fighting the enemies...

i fear this is of the same mold... i used to want to play this series but after dragon's age, i am questioning that thought...

Combat in Mass Effect is straight-up third-person shooter, and it's clean, there're no RPG stats and numbers screwing up your shot. Good, solid combat, with boss fights handled with traditional 'weak points' and larger-than-normal health bars. It's good times.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 14 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #12

games to rent in 2011:

1) 007: bloodstone
2) assassin's creed: brotherhood
3) mass effect 2

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Dec 20 2010, 04:22 AM
Post #13

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I really liked mass effect 2, so i'm looking foward to Mass Effect 3. The only bummer is that i thought i read that Mass Effect is a trilogy and after Mass Effect three thats it.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 20 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #14

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

It'll be the end of the series, but I doubt it'll be the end of the franchise. Expect another trilogy, minus Shepard.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 08:26 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4