Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Little kids, elderly, animals
Roman
post Mar 3 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,026

There has always been great discussions of children, elderly or animals in GTA games. Here is my take on the three topics. These are purly my opinions and I don't intend to argue what someone may have posted elsewere. Should kids, the elderly, and animals be in a future GTA game?

Kids
I am against this. Not only are kids the most useless characters and waste of development time, they would probably be un-killable anyways. In Fable 2 there were children, but you were able to interact with them. What possible interaction would you want to have with children in GTA? Putting kids in the next game would just create even more unnecessary controversy about the GTA franchise. Now if kids where able to be killed and run over, the game would probably be refused to be sold in many -- if not all -- retailers. So it's either put kids in the game and make them invincible, then fans would bitch that you can't hurt them. Or put them in the game, make then real so you can run them over etc and the game would never be sold. I say just keep children out of games.

The Elderly
The way I see it, most old people never go outside anyways or they all live in old folks homes. I have old people living all around me on my street, and the only time they go outside is to put the garbage out to the curb, get the newspaper, or drive to the nearest grocery store to buy food. So having old people walking around on the street would be a unrealistic (but who players games for realism anyways). What I mean is, it wouldn't be logical. Therefore it won't happen. Frankly, I think the time Rockstar could spend creating old people and children could be better used in other areas to help polish the game.

Animals
This is an interesting one because animals were seen in Far Cry and you could kill them. Also in Call of Duty WaW they had dogs that would attack you. Both games were rated M. In GTA, I could see a possible senario where there is a zoo and you could shoot animals. But that again raises the arguement that making the zoo could be time spent somewhere else in the game. The same with people walking their dogs. However, I thought that the idea of dogs were pretty cool in WaW and in future GTA games it would be fun to have a mission where dogs were unleashed at you. Or perhaps a dog could follow you, kind of like in Fallout. You could leave it in your appartment, take it with you and he could bit people that attack you, and the dog could also be killed, in which case you buy a new one. These senarios seem pretty cool, but doesn't sound like something that would ever be in a GTA game.

In summary:
Kids: Against them
Elderly: Against
Animals: Nuetral, wouldn't mind either way

Your opinions?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Mar 3 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

Old people were funny as fuck in Saints Row. You could drive through them while they were crossing the road on their zimmer frames and all you'd hear is their bones snapping like pencils, followed by a few coins landing on the floor. They didn't add anything to the game, it was just hilarious, and I'd like to see it in GTA. We need to get away from this idea that GTA should be realistic. It only needs to be believable.

No opinion on kids or animals, although I can't see people being happy about blowing up a stray fox or something. FC2 was different because the animals were wild and much bigger, and few people have any emotional attachments to them, and in WaW the dogs were attacking you before you attacked them, it's not like they were being walked around on a leash when you pounce on them and snap their neck in front of their owner.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Mar 9 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Mar 3 2009, 03:48 PM) [snapback]1488274[/snapback]
Old people were funny as fuck in Saints Row. You could drive through them while they were crossing the road on their zimmer frames and all you'd hear is their bones snapping like pencils, followed by a few coins landing on the floor.

Nice to see im not the only sadistic bastard in these parts then. tongue.gif

I think the game is nicely balance at the moment how it is. People who moan that this and that should be put in is just knit-picking. Most people probably wouldn't notice it anyway.

I don't really think they should add animals into the game (other than Pidgeons or Seagulls) unless they provide a gameplay benefit for example your character can own a pitbull or another naturally agressive dog to help attack enemies. And the enemies can do the same to you.

If we just have people walking their little Shitzu around and some mean old bastard comes up to it with a shotgun it will make alot of animal protection agencies going ape-shit because it is promoting cruelty.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Mar 10 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #4

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE(Roman @ Mar 3 2009, 03:03 PM) [snapback]1488269[/snapback]
Frankly, I think the time Rockstar could spend creating old people and children could be better used in other areas to help polish the game.

Well all that's needed is a new model and a "old person shuffling" walk animation, which I believe was in the previous GTAs. Actually aren't there already older peds in GTA IV? I'm pretty sure of it, i'm always gunning down old ladies in free roam.

Children and animals I doubt will ever happen.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Mar 10 2009, 10:21 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
reform
post Mar 11 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,934

Old people - sure.
Animals - only animals that can defend themselves or are pests like pigeions and rats.
Kids - no.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 02:09 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4