IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> playstation 3: it only does everything, apart from play ps2 games.
JamieMilne
post Jul 8 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

i traded all my games in apart from all the ps2 gta's and max payne so im not as bothered about this as is used to be, plus i have a ps2, id just rather play my ps2 games on my ps3 but, for the wireless controller, the slighty improved graphics smoothing.

i only have a big bulky madcatz or some other brand controller for my ps2 and i cant stand using it lol.

but according to sonys blog: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

which is for ps3 users to voice their opinions on how to improve the system, BC, is the second most popular demand

sonys answer is always, "we're looking into this"

hopefully sometime soon we will have a firmware update that enables BC, or hopefully rockstar release a GTA ps2 HD collection for ps3 lol.

also when reading on sonys website about BC, it said that ps1 games are supported for BC, i wasnt aware of this apart from the ps1 classics on the store, but their site suggested you could play hard copies.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 9 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

yea you can play PS1 games... i've done that numerous times... but, no PS2 games... and i don't think we'll ever see BC again... it's more of a marketing move because, the PS2 is still doing well and sony knows that they can re-release their classics in upgraded HD and add trophies... they've done it with some call of duty games, the god of war collection, and this fall the sly cooper collection...

wouldn't you pay $60 for the PS2 GTA series re-released with updated graphics and trophy support?? i know i would in a split second... sony just sees it as an opportunity to make more money... and the other side of the coin is, most PS3 users still have their PS2 with games... i don't mind breaking it out every now and then when i want to play a classic...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jul 9 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #3

Hustler

i pay for the ps2 gta series if it was updated with hd, not that fussed about trophy's but, its all down to rockstar, do you really think they would go through gta 3, vice, and sa and update them, it would take time and effort away from making a new gta ?

im not sure if they even bother making lcs and vcs ps2 ports into hd, but it would be nice if they did also.

i still have my ps2, id just rather play it on the ps3 lol. cause i hate the bulky controller i have for ps2 lol.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 9 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #4

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

As for BC I don't see that happening with the PS3 so I'll have to buy myself a copy of GTAIII, Vice City and San Andreas together with a PS2 if I'm to ever play them again.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 9 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #5

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I have the original 60GB PS3, so i have PS1 & PS2 capabilities biggrin.gif. I still play GTA 3, VC, SA on it, on occasions. SA looks terrible when up-scaled to HD though for some reason, where-as III and VC look beautiful.

All i had to do was download some file when i bought my PS3, and it activated the PS1 & PS2 usage!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA5
post Jul 9 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,653
PSN Name: killerhammer_12

WTF DID YOU SAY SLY COOPER THATS MY FAV. GAME ALL OF TIME [color="#FF8C00"][/color]

--------------------
People say i'm retarded for punching a nuclear warhead, i say i'm retarded because I always do it for free of charge!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 9 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #7

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 9 2010, 08:23 PM) *
I have the original 60GB PS3, so i have PS1 & PS2 capabilities biggrin.gif. I still play GTA 3, VC, SA on it, on occasions. SA looks terrible when up-scaled to HD though for some reason, where-as III and VC look beautiful.

All i had to do was download some file when i bought my PS3, and it activated the PS1 & PS2 usage!

Also, is it worth me checking PS Store to see if the BC addon is there?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jul 10 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #8

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Jul 8 2010, 10:20 PM) *
i traded all my games in apart from all the ps2 gta's and max payne so im not as bothered about this as is used to be, plus i have a ps2, id just rather play my ps2 games on my ps3 but, for the wireless controller, the slighty improved graphics smoothing.

i only have a big bulky madcatz or some other brand controller for my ps2 and i cant stand using it lol.

but according to sonys blog: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

which is for ps3 users to voice their opinions on how to improve the system, BC, is the second most popular demand

sonys answer is always, "we're looking into this"

hopefully sometime soon we will have a firmware update that enables BC, or hopefully rockstar release a GTA ps2 HD collection for ps3 lol.

also when reading on sonys website about BC, it said that ps1 games are supported for BC, i wasnt aware of this apart from the ps1 classics on the store, but their site suggested you could play hard copies.

i can play ps2 games no problem.. ps3 60gig....

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 10 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #9

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (Cecil Bumfluff @ Jul 10 2010, 12:57 AM) *

Also, is it worth me checking PS Store to see if the BC addon is there?

Like i said. SA looks terrible when up-scaled to HD though for some reason, where-as III and VC look beautiful. Some games look fine when upscaled, some don't. I'm not sure why. If anything i would have expected SA to look better because it was newer. But it just seems Pixelated rather than upscaled.

The upgrade wasn't on the PSN store btw. I got it from the official Playstation website. and put it on a USB stick. This was ages ago though, it might not be available any more... Have a look anyway, you should find it.

I found this btw:
http://us.playstation.com/support/compatiblestatus/

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 10 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #10

Godfather
Group Icon

Thanks DuP' - Mine's an 80GB CECHK03 so I doubt even in the future I'll be to play the older GTA's. lamo.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post Jul 10 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #11

Hustler

i had the original 60 gb when it came out but then i stopped playing it and sold it. then bought another ps3 back later on , and it was an 80gb.

mines is an 80gb cechm03.

whats the difference with yours marney ?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 10 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #12

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Jul 10 2010, 01:33 PM) *
i had the original 60 gb when it came out but then i stopped playing it and sold it. then bought another ps3 back later on , and it was an 80gb.

mines is an 80gb cechm03.

whats the difference with yours marney ?

Mine can play NES cartridges. Nah, fucked if I know.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 10 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #13

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

man, me and a buddy were playing rally cross (free PSN+ game) for a couple of hours last night... i am actually surprised at how much fun that is with another person... the fact that we kept crashing and flipping the vehicles made for a hilarious session... it's not like we were any good but, we both had such a hard time staying on all fours that we couldn't stop laughing the whole time...

a few drinks, some good weed, and horrible driving skills on both sides made this event epic laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 10 2010, 03:38 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jul 11 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #14

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Ditto this.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 02:25 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4