> Multi Characters, Opinions...
Ophis-
post Aug 13 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,815
PSN Name: ophis-

I hate posts that just go on about a place or a thing that the topic starter wants to see in the game (usally because they live in that area and are just dreaming of a GTA where they live). Posts also do my head in when they ramble on and on for about 50 lines without spaces between paragraphs, so i'll keep this short and sweet.

R* always want to out do themselves each game with storylines and effects. Can anyone see them doing a "multi character" setup? Where you play 2 or more main characters throughout the story? Would this work, in your opinion?

Realistic Reasons R* could have already thought of this are that they have stated that GTAIV is more realistic, hense why planes have been left out because how would niko ever be able to fly a plane etc. Multi Characters could help this, one being maybe a pilot for those type of missions?

Discuss.

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Aug 13 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #2

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

An Army of 2 type (character-wise ofcourse) GTA?

Interesting. Aslong as the switch was quick and sweet, Star Wars Lego games achieve quick and sweet well.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post Aug 13 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Yea, i mean it could be pretty good and enhance the storyline more. That film, Vantage point, made me think of the idea as i was watching it the other night. I like how they show a few peoples 'story' of the unfolding events. It would be good to even just choose 1 out of a 2 or 3 characters and play their story/missions which include meeting the 2 other people you could have chosen. After you are done go back and follow the other persons path!

yay? nay? should i shut up now?

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mohawk
post Aug 13 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,964

QUOTE(Liquidice @ Aug 13 2008, 06:40 AM) [snapback]1459234[/snapback]
Yea, i mean it could be pretty good and enhance the storyline more. That film, Vantage point, made me think of the idea as i was watching it the other night. I like how they show a few peoples 'story' of the unfolding events. It would be good to even just choose 1 out of a 2 or 3 characters and play their story/missions which include meeting the 2 other people you could have chosen. After you are done go back and follow the other persons path!

vantage point is a great idea for a game... i mean, different points of viewing the same thing would be fun, but it would be hard, because u might need to kill someone and then u cant play with him anymore? how would the 100% work?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Aug 13 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #5

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

i've always thought about this, i could only see them doing this in the next San Andreas, maybe you start of as Brian, (CJ's dead Brother), then somewhere along the story, brian dies, and your switched to CJ.

Otherwise, i'd say they'd have a character select option, where you pick a characrter and you have to live through his personal story, and it ties into all the other characters stories
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post Aug 14 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Mohawk @ Aug 13 2008, 08:14 PM) [snapback]1459303[/snapback]
QUOTE(Liquidice @ Aug 13 2008, 06:40 AM) [snapback]1459234[/snapback]

vantage point is a great idea for a game... i mean, different points of viewing the same thing would be fun, but it would be hard, because u might need to kill someone and then u cant play with him anymore? how would the 100% work?

Who says the HERO has to live? If there is a selection of heros, when you follow one story line, that hero might die and then you switch to Hero 2, who lives. The heros could cross paths but the story doesnt have to make them lead onto hating each other. They could work for each other.

It's deffo opened my eyes, I want GTA's storyline to become as good as s films. I felt GTAIV was alot better, but i still enjoyed CJ's story more, it was funnier, with less predicable twists. Niko's story was full way to predictible, I felt like i spoilt it for myself.

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zen
post Aug 14 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 35,460

I think the way The Getaway executed their storyline was fantastic:

Play missions from the standpoint of one person, then more missions as a different person..sometimes even crossing paths. That was fantastic and it'd be interesting if something like that came up in GTA.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post Aug 14 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Zen @ Aug 14 2008, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1459423[/snapback]

Play missions from the standpoint of one person, then more missions as a different person..sometimes even crossing paths. That was fantastic and it'd be interesting if something like that came up in GTA.

Damn i thurt i had a slightly unique idea, never played Gataway so i didnt know this!!!

but im glad ive got support off people for this idea rather then the "WHAT THE FUCK? THAT WONT WORK?!"

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
alooper21
post Feb 28 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 754

QUOTE(Liquidice @ Aug 14 2008, 03:31 PM) [snapback]1459428[/snapback]
QUOTE(Zen @ Aug 14 2008, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1459423[/snapback]

Damn i thurt i had a slightly unique idea, never played Gataway so i didnt know this!!!

but im glad ive got support off people for this idea rather then the "WHAT THE FUCK? THAT WONT WORK?!"

so i was looking for a topic about san andreas stories to sugest something similar. so first is brian, building up stats and playing he's part of the story. building up stats means that you do side missions but not on a "full-lenght" basis, they have to be splitted with the next character. like the player has to do 50 taxy missions. with brian makes 20 and achieves nitros, while after brian's dead the new character picks things from zero. taxis have no nitros, but doing the rest 30 taxi fares gives nitros and hidraulics (for jumping, but higher jumps than in original san andreas). something like that. now the real problem is when to introduce the second character. brian can live for the first part (until the first blockade is open) so there is enough time to build the second character (and that is from zero: skills, side missions, etc). the side effect might be that it has a short role and players would feel that it wasn't worthed. on the other side brian can die after the first two parts (so the major part of the storyline is played by him), but that might let players with mi9xed feelings. i for one releate with the character verry much, i would feel quite bad for him to die after such a long play time. this might also affect releating with the second character, unles is carl or cj (or other simpathhised character from the series). and this second character is the one to remain after finishing the story, therefore plenty of time to get used with. as for brian i doubt he will be missed, since mission replay was introduced to the series with chinatown wars.

and since i speaked about san andreas stories, i should mention something a guy on a forum (maybe this forum) stated that the computer version holds 1.5 gb of data without the audio. this is less than an umd can hold and is the computer version. that data being everything: the city, the cars, the characters, the scripts. only without any audio. now imagine stripping down poligons, taking out a few cars, a few peds and imagining a san fierro shaked by earthquake, therefore some less buildings and there you have it: san andreas in probably a bit less than 1 gb. one more possibility would be to completely cut the bottom of the ocean, but that means no underwater swim, wich is a big loss for me, since i enjoy swiming underwater. scripting of any kind shouldn't take more than 100-200 mb (that including missions, lots and lots of them!!!, peds and cars behaviour, etc), so there's plenty of room for audio files. 300 mb can hold some 5 or 6 radio stations, and the rest of 300 cutscenes and city audio (peds, ambient and main characters/s).
so i guess san andreas stories doesn't have to come on three umds or choped down, but "in full lenght". it is possible, and i know it only when i think that almost the entire gta4 landed on a ds cartridge.

--------------------
Excerpt from GTA5:

Love is complicated :(
I fucked bitches... killed bitches... robbed bitches...
Maybe here... things won't be different :)
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 03:31 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4