IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> it's always sunny in philadelphia, anyone watch it??
bOnEs
post Dec 6 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #1

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

the last show i liked and tried to watch new episodes of was south park... so, as you can see, i don't watch TV as much as most because, most of the sitcoms suck balls... but, i found a new show a few months ago to watch... does anyone else watch this show??

it's raunchy, it's wrong, it's hilarious, it's golden... it has me laughing every minute... if you haven't seen an episode, head over to hulu.com and watch one, you might be singing it's praises just like me... knowing iGTA for a couple of years now, i can say for sure that, a lot of you would like this show...

new episodes are on thursday's at 10pm (EST) on FX... so, does anyone watch it??

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 7 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I started watching this last season. I was never a fan of ANYTHING that aired on FX; someone told me when it first started that I would love it; I told them I hate FX; but somehow I missed this gem. It really is a hilarious show. All the characters are hilarious. The situations they get into are hilariously ridiculous and they are allowed to say "shit" on TV; which is always funny.

I have to pick up the older seasons on DVD and some more bud.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 7 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #3

go to hulu.com... they've got a lot of older episodes on there...

the one thing this show has is characters... the punchlines and dialog between the brothers and the way they treat Dee is just good television... and Frank... nothing need be said about Frank except, he's one crazy mother fucker!!

their brand of comedy is just plain brutal... the other characters they rip right in front their faces as if they weren't even standing there is also one of the funnier aspects of the show... they're just relentless and hold nothing back...

i'm pretty sure most of iGTA would like this show if they gave it a gander...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 7 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #4

Boss
Group Icon

Danny Devito (Frank) is the best. Hilarious.

The characters are the best part, you're right.

Did you know Sweet Dee and Mac are married in real life?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Dec 7 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

I watched it when Family guy was supposed to be on.

There were these people in this restaurant, And they tried to get some guy to leave, only to find out he's dead. Then all this happy music starts playing and I said what the fuck? Since when has Family Guy had such a sick sense of humour? Then I realized it was an actual show and not an opening skit for Family Guy and immediatly changed the channel.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Dec 7 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #6

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

I watch this, one of my favourite TV shows. Found it on tvshack by accident.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 8 2009, 05:55 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 7 2009, 02:51 PM) *
...Then I realized it was an actual show and not an opening skit for Family Guy and immediatly changed the channel.

really? i change the channel whenever family guy is on... i'm about sick of that show, 5 different cable channels show it, it's always on... you should of stuck with it for a few more minutes, it was just getting started...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Dec 8 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #8

Get off my Planet

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 8 2009, 12:55 AM) *
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 7 2009, 02:51 PM) *
...Then I realized it was an actual show and not an opening skit for Family Guy and immediatly changed the channel.

really? i change the channel whenever family guy is on... i'm about sick of that show, 5 different cable channels show it, it's always on... you should of stuck with it for a few more minutes, it was just getting started...

Honestly, I thought it was some incredibly retarded skit. When I realized it was a TV show I nearly shit myself. I though, "How the fuck could this show exist?"
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 8 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #9

to each their own i guess... i can't expect a fan of armored core to like anything remotely interesting... and no, family is not interesting anymore... that show ran it's course about 3 years ago...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Dec 8 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #10

Get off my Planet

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 8 2009, 03:08 PM) *
to each their own i guess... i can't expect a fan of armored core to like anything remotely interesting... and no, family is not interesting anymore... that show ran it's course about 3 years ago...

I know it did... This was a long time ago.

I dunno... Maybe it just left a bad impression on me about how the show was acting all happy and cheery while simoultaneously the entire cast is crying and in shock about finding a dead guy.

And i don't like interesting things to begin with... I like shows that make me laugh.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Dec 9 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #11

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Reading what you guys are saying about this show makes me want to highly recommend Curb Your Enthusiasm. That being said, what you guys are saying about this show makes me really want to see it.

*tivo'd*

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Dec 9 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #12

Get off my Planet

QUOTE (I am really cool @ Dec 8 2009, 07:10 PM) *
Reading what you guys are saying about this show makes me want to highly recommend Curb Your Enthusiasm. That being said, what you guys are saying about this show makes me really want to see it.

*tivo'd*

I actually should watch it. I've seen some clips that have made me shit myself laughing but I've never seen the show. I pray it's on showcase cuz I don't think I have HBO.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 9 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Hustler One @ Dec 8 2009, 04:57 PM) *
I dunno... Maybe it just left a bad impression on me about how the show was acting all happy and cheery while simoultaneously the entire cast is crying and in shock about finding a dead guy.

yea, don't think just because it's called, "it's always sunny in philadelphia" and has a cheery theme song that this is a sunny and cheery kind of show... it's the exact opposite...

i gave your show a gander... now give this one a shot... go here...

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=It%27s+Al...elphia&st=1

...and watch, "the gang gives frank an intervention"...

@analogkid - watch that clip as well... it's one of the funniest episodes...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 12 2009, 04:17 AM
Post #14

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I don't really feel like reading any of this right now, but I do like this show. I watch a lot of shit on FX; Sunny, Sons of Anarchy, the occasional episode of Nip/Tuck, and I'm looking forward to the new series that premieres in January, the animated one about the spy. Looks funny.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 12 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #15

archer? yea, some of the previews seem funny... but, i just wonder if it can stay like that for 30 minutes... we'll see...

i wish i had Tivo or something... thursdays at 10pm can get in the way sometimes considering that the brewery i hang out at has $3 pints on thursdays... one time i got them to switch the TV to sunny in PA... i ended up missing thursdays episode because of $3 thursdays laugh.gif... i heard it was good too...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ragnarofl
post Jan 2 2010, 08:22 AM
Post #16

Pickpocket
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 57,363

I like the episode where they find some shit on their beds and they try to find who's it came from.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 1 2010, 11:13 PM) *
^ Best. Name. Ever.

QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Jan 4 2010, 06:28 AM) *
...Marney, if you leave me, I will come to England and fuck you up.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 4 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #17

Boss
Group Icon

Kitten Mittens - MEOW!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Jan 23 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #18

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Member No.: 5,644

Charlie's a legend.

Along with Nip/Tuck (which is ending soon) and South Park, IASIP is by far the best thing on tv imo.

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 23 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #19

i haven't seen the show in quite some time... i wish i had tivo or something because, i am usually at the bar on thursday nights... this is the best show on TV besides south park...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jan 23 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #20

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (Queef And Beef @ Jan 23 2010, 09:07 AM) *
Charlie's a legend.

Along with Nip/Tuck (which is ending soon) and South Park, IASIP is by far the best thing on tv imo.

Hell yes. You a Sons of Anarchy fan, too?

Also, that show Archer premiered last week. Shit is funny.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:30 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4