IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Obama Is Kenyan, So Is He Eligible To Be President?
Marney1
post Oct 16 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

This post has been edited by marney1: Oct 16 2009, 07:36 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Oct 16 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #2

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

link?

edit: okay, how do you go from posting a huge ass article to some videos?

This post has been edited by TreeFitty: Oct 16 2009, 07:38 PM

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 16 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #3

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Oct 16 2009, 08:38 PM) *
link?

I couldn't get the link to work properly so I pasted it and it was a long read so I changed it to videos instead.

Here it is again if you want to read it click

This post has been edited by marney1: Oct 16 2009, 07:46 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Oct 16 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #4

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

that whole website has issues. can't find anything by searching.

edit: ok now to ^that^ link...

This post has been edited by TreeFitty: Oct 16 2009, 07:49 PM

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 16 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #5

Godfather
Group Icon

So, what I want to know is this - If he was born in Kenya is he eligible by US law to be the president?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 16 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #6

Trickster

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,061

Eh, I mean, I heard McCain was born in Panama tongue.gif (Not that I believe it, or it makes this any acceptable)

So I kind of need to take everything I hear, liberal or conservative with a grain of salt. The first testimony by his grandmother is given by a shoddy recording and second it just doesn't seem like any of their identities can be fully verified. Likewise, a blogger claiming he made a fraudulent birth certificate for Obama is interesting but also a little wobbly. Of course if this was all true I'd really expect the GOP to have caught on, and still been rabidly attacking this breach of eligibility. And really, if we think logically, they would not let something like this just "go" as a loss for them because if anything this would be one really solid arguement they could have to getting him impeached or whatever. But the lack of GOP attention to the matter (of course they may have reported it but they haven't been "on it" for awhile) and a lack of statements from legal officials kind of.. fuzzies it up for me.

The Rocky Mountain News has reported (below) that Barack Obama "Holds both American and Kenyan (since 1963) citizenship." Is this true?
The Rocky Mountain News
August 6, 2008

Entered Harvard Law School in 1988, was elected the first African–American editor of the Harvard Law Review. He graduated magna cum laude in 1991.

Won two Grammys for Best Spoken Word Albums for an autobiography in 1995 “Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance” and his second book, “The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream,” published in October 2006.

Mother Ann Dunham died of ovarian cancer in 1995. Father Barack Obama Sr. was killed in a car wreck in 1982.

Spent four years in his stepfather’s native country of Indonesia.

Is the fifth African-American senator in U.S. history

Is the first presidential candidate to come from Hawaii.

Favorite movies: “The Godfather” (Parts I and II) and “Lawrence of Arabia.”

In his early years he was known as Barry.

According to his memoirs, he admitted using alcohol, marijuana and cocaine in his youth.

His first name comes from the word that means “blessed by God” in Arabic.

At his wife’s suggestion, he quit smoking before his campaign to win the Democratic nomination began.

Holds both American and Kenyan (since 1963) citizenship.

Named one of Time magazine’s “100 most influential people in the world” list in 2005 and 2007.

Chosen as one of “10 people would change the world” by New Statesman magazine (2005).

Source: biography.com , Internet Movie Database, Atlanta Journal Constitution
A:

No. He held both U.S. and Kenyan citizenship as a child, but lost his Kenyan citizenship automatically on his 23rd birthday.

The Rocky Mountain News did in fact run an online article asserting that Barack Obama holds both American and Kenyan citizenship. The article was incorrect, and the paper removed the item from the article and ran a correction. The paper's editor, John Temple, formally apologized for the error in an Aug. 15, 2007, column. Neither the correction nor the apology has prevented the column from circulating across the Internet as part of the latest set of baseless rumors that Obama is ineligible to run for president.

There was a grain of truth to what the Rocky Mountain News reported, though understanding why requires a brief history lesson.

When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom's dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.'s children:

British Nationality Act of 1948 (Part II, Section 5): Subject to the provisions of this section, a person born after the commencement of this Act shall be a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by descent if his father is a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies at the time of the birth.

In other words, at the time of his birth, Barack Obama Jr. was both a U.S. citizen (by virtue of being born in Hawaii) and a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (or the UKC) by virtue of being born to a father who was a citizen of the UKC.

Obama's British citizenship was short-lived. On Dec. 12, 1963, Kenya formally gained its independence from the United Kingdom. Chapter VI, Section 87 of the Kenyan Constitution specifies that:

1. Every person who, having been born in Kenya, is on 11th December, 1963 a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies or a British protected person shall become a citizen of Kenya on 12th December, 1963...

2. Every person who, having been born outside Kenya, is on 11th December, 1963 a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies or a British protected person shall, if his father becomes, or would but for his death have become, a citizen of Kenya by virtue of subsection (1), become a citizen of Kenya on 12th December, 1963.

As a citizen of the UKC who was born in Kenya, Obama's father automatically received Kenyan citizenship via subsection (1). So given that Obama qualified for citizen of the UKC status at birth and given that Obama's father became a Kenyan citizen via subsection (1), it follows that Obama did in fact have Kenyan citizenship after 1963. So The Rocky Mountain News was at least partially correct.

But the paper failed to note that the Kenyan Constitution prohibits dual citizenship for adults. Kenya recognizes dual citizenship for children, but Kenya's Constitution specifies that at age 23, Kenyan citizens who possesses citizenship in more than one country automatically lose their Kenyan citizenship unless they formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1984.

Corrected (Sep. 3, 2009): Our original article incorrectly stated that then-Sen. Obama lost his Kenyan citizenship on Aug. 4, 1982. The correct date is Aug. 4, 1984. The Kenyan Constitution required Obama to choose whether to keep either his U.S. or Kenyan citizenship upon his 21st birthday, which was in 1982. But we initially missed that the Constitution provided him a two-year window for making that choice. So Obama did not lose his Kenyan citizenship until his 23rd birthday in 1984. We have updated the item to reflect this.

Interesting.

Cited: http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/does...itizenship.html

Quick answer:

He was born in Honolulu hawaii to a kenyan father. During that time Kenya was a British Colony and automatically if your son was born of a Kenyan he was a british "kenyan" citizen. He lost his Kenyan citizenship when he was 23 because the law states you cannot have a dual citizenship as an adult as a kenyan citizen, so voila, Hawaiian.

This post has been edited by Tranque: Oct 16 2009, 08:06 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 16 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #7

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tranque @ Oct 16 2009, 08:59 PM) *
Eh, I mean, I heard McCain was born in Panama tongue.gif (Not that I believe it, or it makes this any acceptable)

So I kind of need to take everything I hear, liberal or conservative with a grain of salt. The first testimony by his grandmother is given by a shoddy recording and second it just doesn't seem like any of their identities can be fully verified. Likewise, a blogger claiming he made a fraudulent birth certificate for Obama is interesting but also a little wobbly. Of course if this was all true I'd really expect the GOP to have caught on, and still been rabidly attacking this breach of eligibility. And really, if we think logically, they would not let something like this just "go" as a loss for them because if anything this would be one really solid arguement they could have to getting him impeached or whatever. But the lack of GOP attention to the matter (of course they may have reported it but they haven't been "on it" for awhile) and a lack of statements from legal officials kind of.. fuzzies it up for me.

Well I remember the media going wild over this for a day then they all of a sudden shut up about it, is there proof he was born Hawaii?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 16 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #8

Trickster

I would say the fact that main branch of propaganda for the GOP isn't continually attacking him on this, shows that if they did they would be called out on blatant lies (again tongue.gif) and subsequentially would rather not take a risk like that. Evidence on the internet can be fabricated with a few clicks so I wouldn't trust my own evidence. But Fact-check.org has a history of thoroughly checking the facts of both Liberal and Conservative speeches, statements, rumours, and news items, and based on their record (During the election they dispelled a lot of hot air in both candidates speeches and claims) I trust them sufficiently.

This post has been edited by Tranque: Oct 16 2009, 08:10 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Oct 16 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #9

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

now that i've watched the videos, i agree with tranque (pre-edit).

video 1 starts off with just a recording of a phone call. we have no way to prove the authenticity. the second part admits there are many many dialects and they play with the meaning of the words until they make it sound how they want.

video 2 is a shit ton of talking and paragraghs. and a blogger coming out that "he did it" isn't a solid argument. also as tranque pointed out, no government agency looked into it or came out stating it is true.

and why the hell is a brit bringing this up?

This post has been edited by TreeFitty: Oct 16 2009, 08:11 PM

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 16 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #10

Trickster

To mock us Yanks and spread feces on our doorhandles.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Oct 16 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #11

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 16 2009, 03:40 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Oct 16 2009, 08:38 PM) *
link?

I couldn't get the link to work properly so I pasted it and it was a long read so I changed it to videos instead.

Here it is again if you want to read it click

looked through the comments and found this: (this is after he first explained it, so dumbed down for the other commentors)

#10. To: IDontThinkSo, Robin (#8)

Allow me to be the first one here to say I don't understand what it is you're showing us.

The purported article of the East Africa Standard Online, appearing to document that there was an AP report on June 27, 2004 saying Obama was born in Kenya, is a fake. The source code shows that the sidebar links on that page, supposedly archived on 6/27/2004, go to pages then months in the future.

I tried posting from the source code but it screwed up the thread so I posted jpegs.

I found the actual main page from 6/27/2004. That exhibits a link to an article about Bill Clinton in the Intelligence section. The Intelligence section main page shows a link to the Clinton article under America These Days, but there is no mention of Obama. While the links from the fake page on Obama go to many different and future dates, the links on the valid pages never go beyond the date the file was archived - 6/29/2009.

John Charlton and the Post & Email is little more that a Taitz/Lincoln propaganda effort. I believe at least most of what "John Charlton" writes is by Charles Lincoln. Lincoln sometimes signs over this:

Charles Edward Lincoln III
Peyton Yates Freiman

Peyton Yates Freiman (sometimes Freeman) is not a law firm of which Charlie is a partner. It is the name of his acolyte who has a name that sounds like a law firm. And of course, you can combine pieces of Charles and Peyton and get Charlton, so the site may be a cooperative effort.

nolu chan posted on 2009-10-15 22:36:13 ET Reply Trace Private Reply

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 16 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #12

Godfather
Group Icon

@TF - I'm bringing it up because I've been all over the world and anything that happens on the planet interests me.

It's just that with no clear straight forward proof he was born in Hawaii like we're all told he is, then where was he born? Once again all I want to know is if he was born in Kenya does US law say he's not a legal president?
That's all I want to know at this moment in time.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 16 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #13

Trickster

I think honestly its fairly obvious that the government screenings of eligibility aren't a dud as much as many of our conservative basis would like it to be. I am sure both McCain and Obama were both thoroughly screened for eligibility and its just common knowledge that he and McCain are both Americans.

Its like asking NASA for verification that the world is in-fact round.

And yeah, its logical that Marney would be interested because our world leaders eligibility is a world issue seeing as he controls a peer of his country, but its just people need to have a little faith in the Colonies and trust that we aren't burning our constitution.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Oct 16 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #14

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Yes, under the constitution you have to be born in the USA to be eligible. which is why it was made into such a big deal.

QUOTE (US Constitution, Article II, Section 1)
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President;

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 16 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #15

Trickster

And do you honestly think that Obama, who has been in politics for many years, could simply overlook or try to fraud that using a blogger on the internet. Its just laughable to think of, and its clearly just rumours and snake oil tongue.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 16 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #16

Godfather
Group Icon

So according to the constitution you must be a natural born citizen.

Now I want to see proof he is a natural born citizen.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Oct 16 2009, 08:59 PM
Post #17

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

well apparently he has spent good money to keep his personal info personal. flaming the fire of "he's hiding something!"

shit like all of this is why i stay out of politics. it'll go back and forth forever.

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 16 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #18

Trickster

QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 16 2009, 08:53 PM) *
So according to the constitution you must be a natural born citizen.

Now I want to see proof he is a natural born citizen.

How easily can you produce Margaret Thatchers birth records, and Lenin's smile.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 16 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #19

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Oct 16 2009, 09:59 PM) *
well apparently he has spent good money to keep his personal info personal. flaming the fire of "he's hiding something!"

shit like all of this is why i stay out of politics. it'll go back and forth forever.

But I want proof, why is it so hard for Obama to prove he is a natural born citizen? I want closure on this like many other people, he's the president of the USA and is even being called president of the world by some corners so he of all people should be able to prove where he was born.

If it turns out he's not then your constitution means shit.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Oct 16 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #20

Trickster

But the fact is he wouldn't have even been made a candidate if he wasn't screened prior. Its a completely ridiculous notion started by some people who would like to see him impeached.

Its like me asking george bush jr. for proof that he isn't hitler.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 08:50 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4