Motoko_Urashima
post May 5 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 58,220
XBL Gamertag: Motoko_Urashima
PSN Name: MotokoUrashima

Alright, while I might NOT be the brightest bulb in the box, I am perfectly aware of when something is NOT my fault. I've noticed a few little glitches here and there, (like the AK-47 being less accurate then the SMG 90% of the time) however, when I actually can't complete a mission due to glitching... I get pissy. I noticed this glitch before the mission "Amphibious Assault" for Woozy but didn't really have much of a problem with it until said mission which is impossible to pass.

The glitch: there's an invisible wall stuck in all the water that doesn't allow you to go more then 3 feet under it, and only lets you dive for a maximum of roughly a second and a half before it automatically surfaces, regaurdless of lung capacity remaining.

Other notes on the "Amphibious Assault" mission: All videos on youtube demonstrating it have the 'halo' or 'corona' things appearing, these do not appear in the water at all for me, did 3.0 remove them? if they're not showing up is something bigger happening?

Now, I've re-mapped my keyboard in effort to fix the issue, but it doesn't seem to go away no matter what I do. Quite honestly I'm not sure of the specs of this computer too well as it is not mine, but it's a windows 7 machine that runs everything at max without lag, guess it shouldn't be a power issue, could be a driver malfunction or direct X having fun with itself...

Another "fix" I've seen is that when you use a moving truck to hop the fence into the airport (trick we learned without the guides), all the planes are locked, preventing you from taking one on a joyride until after you reach the boneyard on the north island.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Weasel
post May 5 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Snitch

Group: Validating
Member No.: 24,529

Verson 3 is a download from either Direct2Drive or Steam.
Any other download is a pirate copy prone to game failure at one point or another....Being unable to complete a mission set may be caused by a pirate copy. The only fix is to Buy the game.
OR, if you Try to run the game using a No-CD program or crack; without the Original DVD if the game was installed from a disc you will have to remove the crack and play with the Disc in the Drive.

If the coronas arn't showing for the swimming portion, (If CJ has good muscles) you only have to go through one tunnel and climb/jump out somewhere in the second 'pool' trench.

Entry into the airport is easy, by jumping to the roof of the guard house (if CJ isn't too fat)
All the airplanes are available to steal at the Los Santos Internation..
Only the Maverick chopper is available to steal at the San Fiero airport until "Learning to Fly" missios (10 Tests) are completed.
Before the Flight School A pass into the airports is available (called a 'pilot's License') by flying the DoDo for 30 minutes or the Shamel for 20 minutes. Unlike the other Schools, You are required to complete the 'Learning to Fly" mission set to continue the game.
There is a SeaSparrow off the Northen Coast (directly north of the Verdant Meadows Airfield) that is available at all times.

Diving practice is done by fetching the Oysters. If you can dive deep enough to get the Oysters swimming should be OK.

The AK47 is artificially inferior (Range & Ammo Capacity) to the M4 (Found at the end of the Runway in Los Santos & In a yard behind a Condo on the West Coast of San Fierro undr a tree). Accuracy is should only be dependent on the Skill Level of CJ. Use of the SMG and it's little brothers should be limited to Drivebys, in my Opionion.

--------------------
************* Game Hints *************
Don't go Mission to Mission. Spend time just looking around, behind walls/bushes, on roofs, under bridges. Explore the Car park buildings and anyother building you can enter...
Do the Gang Tags, Photo's, Horseshes as soon as you can.
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post
Motoko_Urashima
post May 5 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 58,220
XBL Gamertag: Motoko_Urashima
PSN Name: MotokoUrashima

QUOTE (Weasel @ May 5 2010, 07:46 AM) *
Verson 3 is a download from either Direct2Drive or Steam.
Any other download is a pirate copy prone to game failure at one point or another....Being unable to complete a mission set may be caused by a pirate copy. The only fix is to Buy the game.
OR, if you Try to run the game using a No-CD program or crack; without the Original DVD if the game was installed from a disc you will have to remove the crack and play with the Disc in the Drive.

Diving practice is done by fetching the Oysters. If you can dive deep enough to get the Oysters swimming should be OK.

As it says in the thread title: STEAM version of GTA: SA 3.0, legally bought on steam with the rest of the GTA pack. as of now this glitch is the only thing keeping me from reaching the last island.

redefining the glitch, just for better reference: I can't dive deeper then CJ is tall, as if there is an invisible wall keeping me from going any deeper. as soon as you reach the bottom of your "dive" it automatically surfaces, reguardless of whatever keys you have held down or press. Also, the static meshes around the tunnel that you go through in "Amphibious Assault" don't match the locations of the textures, like they're thicker then they're supposed to be. even though I have a no-cheating policy, I'd use an "win mission" code if I had one, just to get to the planes and other cool stuff on the other island.

I've been playing one GTA game or another for the last 12 hours straight, and now I can't continue. *GROWL*
Achievements

+Quote Post
Weasel
post May 5 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #4

Snitch

OOP's so embaressing:

How about... Don't hold the 'dive' key. Try tapping it get CJ down deeper.

I use a USB Logitec Dual Acition with the keyboard for game play as recommended. Maybe a Generic USB GamePad might help.

--------------------
Don't go Mission to Mission. Spend time just looking around, behind walls/bushes, on roofs, under bridges. Explore the Car park buildings and anyother building you can enter...
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post May 8 2010, 01:11 AM
Post #5

Capo

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,672

If everything else fails, try to reinstall the game. Back up save files first.
I don't know if a driver can cause a problem like this, but bad drivers can cause weird things. Make sure you are using the latest drivers anyway.

As for the AK-47 and MP5, I have noticed the same (PS2). The MP5 has much better accuracy. But the AK has longer range and is more powerful. Real life AK's are cheap and inaccurate compared to other assault rifles, but not as inaccurate as in the game.

I wouldn't call it a glitch, it is just a "mistake" that maybe was made on purpose for balancing the game. It's common in games, for instance in Half-Life and Half-life 2 a pistol is more accurate than a SMG.

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
lllLSDlll
post Aug 30 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,621

I also have steam version 3. same problem, cant dive underwater. ive been looking for a fix for many days still whitout luck. the oysters is obviously impossible. and for that mission where you need to dive, same problem i cant see the red circle. i hate cheating but i had to, to keep the game going, i use the the jet pack cheat(rocketman) to fly over and go directly in the boat.
Achievements

+Quote Post
lllLSDlll
post Aug 30 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

I finaly fix the issue, its the frame limiter that prevent you from diving underwater and its also this who make you car run like you always have the brake on
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Sep 6 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #8

Capo

QUOTE (lllLSDlll @ Aug 31 2010, 12:30 AM) *
I finaly fix the issue, its the frame limiter that prevent you from diving underwater and its also this who make you car run like you always have the brake on

What is a frame limiter? I suppose it is limiting frames, but what does that mean?

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
lllLSDlll
post Sep 20 2010, 05:31 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE (demon @ Sep 6 2010, 03:58 PM) *
QUOTE (lllLSDlll @ Aug 31 2010, 12:30 AM) *

What is a frame limiter? I suppose it is limiting frames, but what does that mean?

sorry that wasnt very clear, if you go in the video setting youll see limite frame, it need to be on or youll get all does bug like cant dive deep enough and cars that break slitly when you release the gas.

its a old game i play it mostly when it was release and back then my pc was very bad compare to what i have right now. i dont recall having any bug like that before no mater on what setting i was on. i guess pc are just to fast right now for game like this so you have to limite the frame rate a little.

its like FEAR when it was releace i could bearly run the video test at 20 frame rate last time i check i was close to 500, the average monitor cant even display half of that so theres realy no point.

i realy look every where to find an answer to that, i come across interesting stuff, in short, if you run a game at max setting over 60 frame rate you might as well turn on frame limiter
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Sep 22 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #10

Capo

QUOTE (lllLSDlll @ Sep 20 2010, 07:31 AM) *
i guess pc are just to fast right now for game like this so you have to limite the frame rate a little.

So the frame limiter is preventing the pc from running the graphics too fast. Correct?

I don't have the pc version so I don't have more than a minimum of options. I don't think frame limiting applies to PS2. tongue.gif

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 4 2010, 05:36 PM
Post #11

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (demon @ Sep 22 2010, 02:51 PM) *
I don't have the pc version so I don't have more than a minimum of options. I don't think frame limiting applies to PS2. tongue.gif

Frame limiting, Draw distance, etc. are parameters of the PC gaming world.

PS2 is just a console, and has no real technical manipulative options at all.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Weasel
post Oct 5 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #12

Snitch

PS2 was the design base. There shouldn't be any need to adjust anything to make the game play. Other than keeping the Disc Clean and free of dust, scratches, greasy fingerprints. Possibly on an old machine the reader lens might need to be cleaned.
Sticky/loose button on a new/worn controller might have issues.

--------------------
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 9 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #13

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (Weasel @ Oct 4 2010, 10:03 PM) *
PS2 was the design base. There shouldn't be any need to adjust anything to make the game play. Other than keeping the Disc Clean and free of dust, scratches, greasy fingerprints. Possibly on an old machine the reader lens might need to be cleaned.
Sticky/loose button on a new/worn controller might have issues.

True but the original thread was based on PC version.
We have effectively gone off-topic with console version comments.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Weasel
post Oct 9 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #14

Snitch

that's what happens when someone hi-jacks another players topic.
there have been no postings from the OP.

--------------------
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 07:20 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4