IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First thing to do if you are having problems!
WRX_DEMON
post Aug 15 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #41

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,403

You might want to make sure your not running a New XFI Soundcard because you will have sound problems!

--------------------
YOU HAVE BEEN HIT BY THE GANGSTA
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DJEMOBG
post Aug 19 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #42

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 23,170

Прав си педрерас такъв

--------------------
Evrithing is music
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kurgen
post Aug 19 2005, 08:52 PM
Post #43

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,190

Absolutely... couldn't agree more.

K.
Achievements

+Quote Post
AlphaCueUp
post Aug 20 2005, 01:26 PM
Post #44

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 22,994

i gotta graphics problem, during the start of the game, the screen remains blank, untill the rockstar logo comes up, because the resolution is out of whack, also the menu is all messed up, re-installing is a last resort for me, i havent installed any mods, i am running windows XP sp2, i have a radeon 8500 with the latest drivers, and latest direct x, i installed off of the dvd, here is a shot of my problem, any help would be appreciated

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Holyjuice
post Aug 24 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #45

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 23,421

Hey All,

Here is a very good link for everyone that has problems with Video Issues, sound card Issues....and a great link for any issues with the game ...

Click here

Props to Googlesta for the great job in posting this... I hope this helps everyone

It did not help me with my problem, but there is a lot of good fixes here for ya all!

I have a sound issue that has not been addressed: Horn always on... can't turn it off even when I try to change the default keys.... doesn't happen during the game, just when I am on any vehicle.... wallbash_red.gif

well I guess that it's just another one of those issues that is a mystery.... wink.gif

This post has been edited by Holyjuice: Aug 24 2005, 12:58 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
HyperActiveFreak
post Aug 24 2005, 04:25 AM
Post #46

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,911

You use a gamepad? Or a keyboard?

--------------------
San Andreas Completion: %100 - No Cheats

My Stats

AMD Athlon+ @ 2.0 Ghz
250GB Seagate S-ATA Harddrive
1GB DDR2 RAM
eVGA 7600GT KO 256MB
Logitech MX510 Gaming Mouse
19" NEC LCD Monitor
2 USB Analog controllers
Achievements

+Quote Post
deano
post Aug 24 2005, 05:10 PM
Post #47

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 23,479

I'm having problems with my GTA San Andreas... Everytime i go onto the game, and i try to aim a gun, drive a car etc., the camera view just 'pivots' around the car or the gun sight just wonders around the screen. I can't play the game like this wallbash_red.gif ! I'm really disappointed at Rockstar games for this - i paid £35 for this game, and it doesn't work properly.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or is there a patch to fix this already?

Edward Dean
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kurgen
post Aug 24 2005, 05:14 PM
Post #48

Upstanding Citizen

You're disappointed at Rockstar for what is probably no more than a secondary controller on your PC that isn't calibrated properly? I'm getting heartily f***in embarrassed to be a PC owner these days. Does anyone ever think for one moment that the problems they encounter just might be down to them, or their system? Always the same, blame someone, anyone but yourself.

K.
Achievements

+Quote Post
villain000
post Aug 27 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #49

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 23,600

This is gettin me really angry wallbash_red.gif mad.gif Every time i go to play a new game it will go to Libery INTL....blah blah then IT FREEZES ive had this game for about a week and cant do anything to make it play properly! if anybody has any suggestions email me plz (numberonewog@hotmail.com) thanx clap.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
saulius4444
post Aug 29 2005, 09:07 AM
Post #50

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 23,693

I'm having problems with my dislplay then playing gta san the scree is
crappy
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sausagedog
post Sep 20 2005, 03:26 PM
Post #51

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 24,563

Err...same here. Crashes all the time.

Specs

GFX: Radeon 9800 Pro (and laterst drivers and catalyst)
2.1 AMD Athlon
Terratec DMX 6fire soundcard (with latest drivers.
MSI mobo (latest drivers)

Everything else works fine exept this game!!!!!!!!

Oh...I paid for it and it is a genuine copy. smile.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
helpermonkey
post Sep 22 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #52

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,532

QUOTE(Kurgen @ Aug 24 2005, 01:34 PM)
You're disappointed at Rockstar for what is probably no more than a secondary controller on your PC that isn't calibrated properly? I'm getting heartily f***in embarrassed to be a PC owner these days. Does anyone ever think for one moment that the problems they encounter just might be down to them, or their system? Always the same, blame someone, anyone but yourself.

K.
[right][snapback]838905[/snapback][/right]

So you work for Rockstar or what? Just because you aren't having problems doesn't mean others are not, ignorant fucktard... I'm embarrassed for you...f'ing nerd stupid.gif Of course I blame Rockstar you dumbshit lol, because out of the 4 pc's I've seen this played on 3 of them didn't work well or at all. Did I mention half-life 2 worked flawlessly on all four of them? San Andraes is no half-life 2. People that payed for this game should start filing complaints with local commerce departments/better buisness bureau for misrepresentation, false advertising, etc. Not that anything will come out of it, but maybe it will help others from throwing money away on unfinished, bug ridden Rockstar products.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Axonis
post Sep 23 2005, 08:59 AM
Post #53

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,031

You will always get a game that is difficult, but yes, you have to blame someone else. Rockstar might not be to blame, i agree, that they did a lack of testing on different systems and the game is not user-friendly, but did you evey think that Microsoft is to blame, or maybe even yourself, maybe you fiddled with your BIOS, maybe its Intel.

You never know! My advice, dont be too quick to point the blame.

--------------------
When it gets to your turn, they change the rules.

*Editing New Sig*

Sig too big, read the rules~Freakin-Barracuda
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kurgen
post Sep 23 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #54

Upstanding Citizen

LOL @ helperchimp.

Thanks, you really brightened my day with that... I feel like a member of Mensa after reading your post.

K.
Achievements

+Quote Post
General Info
post Sep 29 2005, 08:10 AM
Post #55

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 9,821

Hey, has anyone had a problem with the scenery in the game (especially buildings...) flickering between colours?

I just installed the game yesterday and although everything runs fine whenever I'm moving around in the cities, the buildings ahead of me flicker between colours - usually between a kind of rich red, green, and the colour they're actually supposed to be.... huh.gif

If anyone else has experienced this weirdness and could anyone help me out with a fix please? I mean it's not the end of the world but if there's something minor I could adjust on me graphics card or whatever, it would make me SA experience on PC that much better. The graphics are shit-hot compared to the PS2 by the way drool.gif

Thankin yo!

--------------------
I'm talkin' about some flip-in, flip-out shit... nome sayin?
Achievements

+Quote Post
taxevader
post Oct 3 2005, 04:45 AM
Post #56

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 25,025

Three months later after buying it, my PC version of GTA SA is still UNUSABLE!!!!! I get so angry every time I think about it.. I dont support piracy in any way, but why would I give rockstar one more cent after this debacle.

I would understand it being an issue at the beginning, but they've had MONTHS to come up with a patch, and still NOTHING.

Has anyone fixed their crashing problem???
Achievements

+Quote Post
Deadpool
post Nov 25 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #57

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 26,336

I agree with ya on not giveing RockStar another red cent after this. I fixed my crash issue by tweeking my Direct X settings like they talked about on page 1 of this thread. Too bad RockStar's web site was NO F-ing HELP AT ALL but sure its all my fault that a console publisher can't support their PC version of a game because they are too busy rushing out their next PSP title in time for Christmas, but hey what do I know about computers even tho I spent 5 years doing warranty repairs for HP I have to be a moron because GTA SA for PC is a bug ridden mess
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kurgen
post Nov 25 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #58

Upstanding Citizen

...even tho I spent 5 years doing warranty repairs for HP

Irrelevant. All that means is you know a bit about the insides of (crap) HP PCs. I know they're crap - I've repaired loads of them.

...because GTA SA for PC is a bug ridden mess

Bullshit. Thousands upon thousands of people are able to play it no problem. How 'bout you list your PC's spec so we can figure out what your problems are? Oh wait - you already fixed it, by tweaking a DX component... Wow, that must've been strenuous.
Achievements

+Quote Post
verdant_meadowin...
post Jan 7 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #59

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 25,817

I got the game last week, have modded it, and then played it. It worked. I then done the first few missions and saved it. When I next went on it, it said 'No save files present'. I then started a new file, and it crashed on the bit where it says 'Francis International Airport'. I then put my untouched backup files in, and it played fine. I then saved and put in my modded gta3.img, and it played fine. I have just tried to play again, and it says no save files present. Whats wrong?

--------------------
Read the forum rules and resize your signature, thank you!!
Achievements

+Quote Post
cryptorchild
post Jan 13 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #60

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 16,318

I also have one of the above problems, the game wont start it just stays on the desktop.

specs:

amd 3500+
GF 6600gt top limited edition, 128 mb
1024 mb ddr
160 gb hdd
A8N-SLI deluxe motherboard

all with the lates drivers.

I also tried it at the desktop at my mom`s place and it worked fine there (dell dimension 9150).

pentium 4 - 3.0 ghz
GF 6800, 265 mb
1024 mb ddr
250 gb hdd
motherboard ???

I really like this game but am very sorry now I bought the original seeing I have almost no time to play it, just once in a while when I`m at my mom`s.
I hope someone can help me out so I can play it more often smile.gif

thnx

update:

I found a sollution in another topic.
QUOTE(psychÝ)
If you get a black screen for 1 second and then it goes back to the desktop.

Go ctrl + alt + del > processes > end wbload.exe and that will fix it.

this worked for me, the only prob now is: why..
Hope the game will keep running and I do not run into any other problems such as crashing during gameplay.

This post has been edited by cryptorchild: Jan 14 2006, 11:04 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 11:40 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4