Closed TopicStart new topic
> Duffman, unjust bannings?
Kuwongain
post Jun 5 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,921

It seems after me and Asthenia trolled Duffman for a topic he made, he got all pissy and banned us both for god knows how long, I assume indefinite. I'm here writing this complaint, as I figured trolling was a warn-able offence only, maybe a suspension at the most. I'm just wondering what will be done in regards to this, will Duffman get demoted for abusing his power, or will it get swept under the rug and anyone who ever mentions it will get banned?

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dualshock
post Jun 5 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 58,451

It's not like everyone trolls everyone around here. Tsk.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jun 5 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #3

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Well, the trolling wasn't particularly justified either. First time I ask a question on these forums in a long time and all I get is you two posting crap in the Asylum, no doubt having a grand discussion about it on MSN/PSN at the same time. If it isn't funny, I just can't be arsed with it.

Also

General Info.
The iGrandTheftAuto.com Forum's moderators and administrators have the right to close or delete any thread, and impose any sanctions on any user's account at any time, without providing a reason for the action.

And yes the ban is permanent atm.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dualshock
post Jun 5 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Well it wasn't all you got, I saw three posts from these fine chaps in the Asylum, are you going to ban poor old ViceMan for saying "fucks sake", rather more uncouth than the word "douche", whatwhat!
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jun 5 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

No.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwongain
post Jun 5 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Trolling never really is "justified", but a ban for it is not really justified either, but your get out of trouble free card seems to have that covered. Also what we discuss over msn is hardly cause for any issues to arise upon the forums here, given it was not stated in a public setting, so none of the forums rules would apply to that. But again, your "card" has that covered.

This post has been edited by Kuwongain: Jun 5 2010, 07:49 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jun 5 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Well, it is if you're going "omg you should totally post this!". But yes, it's a cruel world. You can have the accounts back if you're going to stop being so stupid. I am allowed to not like things and give reasons for why I don't like them.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwongain
post Jun 5 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

But your own personal opinions shouldn't affect how you change the rules of the website. They should stay just that, your own personal opinions.

This post has been edited by Kuwongain: Jun 5 2010, 07:56 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dualshock
post Jun 5 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

I could write a list as long as your arm (how old are you now? Maybe as long as my arm. My arms are longer and older.) on why I trolled you, but at the end of the day, all the vet's troll each other around here, Asthole ring any bells? Arset? Asst? And many more! And the most recent one; DiOtard. Know why nothing was done about it?

Cause it's a forum, and most of us just laugh it off. Cause it's a big ol' joke.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jun 5 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Well, they do. You can't be totally objective, and both of you have been registered here longer than me iirc so you should know how it works by now.

QUOTE (Dualshock @ Jun 5 2010, 08:57 PM) *
Cause it's a forum, and most of us just laugh it off. Cause it's a big ol' joke.

Like I said earlier, if it was funny, I wouldn't have done anything.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dualshock
post Jun 5 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

I know how it works. And iirc, you and Pie are the only people to ever ban me properly, outside of a joke.

And guess which 2 forum members I've never really gotten on with?

Actually Pie was pretty cool back in the day... and I have nothing against him anymore, he has good taste in cameras...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwongain
post Jun 5 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Well to many it was funny, to me it was funny, it was funny to Ast. As you said in regards to RDR, they are your own opinions and you are entitled to them, but just because you did not find it funny, there was no need to jump to banning us from the start. You could merely have pm'ed us and said it was causing you offence and we no doubt would have respected that and stopped. A warn would have even sufficed, but you went right to banning us, which just seemed like overkill.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jun 5 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kuwongain @ Jun 5 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Well to many it was funny, to me it was funny, it was funny to Ast. As you said in regards to RDR, they are your own opinions and you are entitled to them, but just because you did not find it funny, there was no need to jump to banning us from the start. You could merely have pm'ed us and said it was causing you offence and we no doubt would have respected that and stopped. A warn would have even sufficed, but you went right to banning us, which just seemed like overkill.

See, after what, 4 maybe 5 years of being staff? I know that doesn't work. It's just more material to troll with.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jun 5 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #14

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Jun 5 2010, 07:42 PM) *
Well, the trolling wasn't particularly justified either. First time I ask a question on these forums in a long time and all I get is you two posting crap in the Asylum, no doubt having a grand discussion about it on MSN/PSN at the same time. If it isn't funny, I just can't be arsed with it.

Also

General Info.
The iGrandTheftAuto.com Forum's moderators and administrators have the right to close or delete any thread, and impose any sanctions on any user's account at any time, without providing a reason for the action.

And yes the ban is permanent atm.

Whoa. Someone take a picture of that dick! Must be mighty huge. Can't see it though since it's an e-penis...

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Dualshock
post Jun 5 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

How would you know that? You didn't try it with us. You talk like we took the role of mattmurdock. Tsk.

You're the admin, though...
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jun 5 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Looks like we're not getting anywhere. Sorry. Can't say I didn't give you the option.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 09:09 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4