> R.I.P "Bizarre Creations" 1994 - 2011
Marney1
post Feb 18 2011, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

Bizarre Creations best known for games like Blur, Project Gotham Racing and Geometry Wars closes it's doors today for good, some of the 200 staff have found work at Activision but a lot may be out of work for a while. Bit of a blow for British games production, lot of wasted talent now looking for jobs.

RIP Bizarre Creations

Note: Not sure if this should be in General??
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 18 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

don't forget "blood stone 007"... easily the most overlooked game of 2010... this is the second game i've fallen in love with that was the companies final game... pandemic and the saboteur... and now bizzare and blood stone 007... i am buying blood stone when it reaches the $10 plateau, which will probably happen in the summer...

^^ lol, that guy SUCKS at driving laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 18 2011, 04:49 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 18 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #3

Godfather
Group Icon

Da da da daaaa da da daaaaaaa da da da da d' da daaaaaaaa
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 18 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #4

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

Honestly I can say I never played any of their games. I guess I played a demo for The Club, but I didn't like it.
I can probably imagine loads of other people felt the same about that game and probably their other games.
I know Geometry Wars and the Project Gotham Racing games were popular, but those came out years ago.
I'm not saying this developer company sucks, but I'm just saying maybe this is what just needed to naturally happen.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 18 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #5

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Feb 18 2011, 06:09 PM) *
Honestly I can say I never played any of their games. I guess I played a demo for The Club, but I didn't like it.
I can probably imagine loads of other people felt the same about that game and probably their other games.
I know Geometry Wars and the Project Gotham Racing games were popular, but those came out years ago.
I'm not saying this developer company sucks, but I'm just saying maybe this is what just needed to naturally happen.

Maybe, but it seems like the gaming industry is slowly heading down the path towards becoming one mega huge company - "New World Order Games"?
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 18 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #6

i recommend that everyone should at least rent blood stone if you're looking for 6 hours to kill... it's the most intense 6 hours since uncharted 2, lots to kill and plenty of stuff blowing up...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 18 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #7

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Who gives a shit? Marney, are you just copying every story you read on Kotaku again?

I haven't played Blood Stone yet, which bones obviously has a massive erection for, but I didn't care for any of their other games.

Certainly not an A+ studio and in this day in age, you almost have to be or you'll eventually close down or let a larger studio absorb you.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 18 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #8

activision is a venus fly trap... you go in, but never come out... they have closed down so many studios after purchasing them that i am starting to lose count and lose track on who's closed under their banner... i don't even know why anyone in their right mind would agree to be purchased by activision... i used to have a problem with EA but, right now, i'd be happy to hear from them... if i heard from activision i'd be fearing my future within the industry...

the only company that probably won't be eventually phased out by activision purchasing them is blizzard...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 18 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #9

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 18 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Who gives a shit? Marney, are you just copying every story you read on Kotaku again?

I haven't played Blood Stone yet, which bones obviously has a massive erection for, but I didn't care for any of their other games.

Certainly not an A+ studio and in this day in age, you almost have to be or you'll eventually close down or let a larger studio absorb you.

Heard it on the local radio station, and no I'm not copying anything. I do have the ability to write articles too you know? With Kotaku going to shit lately, someone has to. Just because you're not interested, doesn't mean other people aren't.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 19 2011, 04:17 AM
Post #10

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 18 2011, 04:05 PM) *
activision is a venus fly trap... you go in, but never come out... they have closed down so many studios after purchasing them that i am starting to lose count and lose track on who's closed under their banner... i don't even know why anyone in their right mind would agree to be purchased by activision... i used to have a problem with EA but, right now, i'd be happy to hear from them... if i heard from activision i'd be fearing my future within the industry...

the only company that probably won't be eventually phased out by activision purchasing them is blizzard...

Between the Sims, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect, I have no problem with EA at all any more, as long as they don't try to fuck with my Rockstar again.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 19 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #11

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Damn. I went to a seminar last year with the art directors of Bizzare Creations doing a talk and recruiting new artists. They let us have a go on blur a few weeks before release which was nice of them. They took on a couple of third year students from my course. Damn i feel bad for them. Hopefully they got a job elsewhere.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
alooper21
post Feb 20 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 754

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 18 2011, 06:35 PM) *
i am buying blood stone when it reaches the $10 plateau, which will probably happen in the summer...

see, that's the problem with the closing videogame studios: all people wait for the prices to drop. until then, the developer is closing it's gates because people don't buy the game, and after that the publisher gets the money for the cheap-by-now games.

--------------------
Excerpt from GTA5:

Love is complicated :(
I fucked bitches... killed bitches... robbed bitches...
Maybe here... things won't be different :)
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 20 2011, 05:54 PM
Post #13

hey i have priorities... i "rented" blood stone and loved it... but, i was already planning on buying little big planet 2, which i now have... so now that i am knee-deep in LBP2, i don't have time for blood stone, which is why it'd be a waste of money to buy it now... sure this is partially why publishers have to keep closing their doors, but, i don't have unlimited funds either so i can't just go out and buy every game i like at full value... i usually buy it new though to help out the publishers since used is usually only $5 cheaper, but this particular one closed and i'd just be helping out activision, which i don't want to do... so bood stone is a used purchase for me... and besides, at the current moment, i am helping out media molecule because i bought this game at full face value, $60...

i can't just buy everything i want, i haven't won the lottery yet... but i am sure as hell trying to tongue.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 20 2011, 05:56 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 20 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #14

Godfather
Group Icon

Can you imagine having to watch a video (like the one in the OP) called "Rockstar Games R.I.P" - that would be a fucking killer.
Achievements

+Quote Post
alooper21
post Feb 20 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 754

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 20 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Can you imagine having to watch a video (like the one in the OP) called "Rockstar Games R.I.P" - that would be a fucking killer.

someone should make it just for the fun of it rolleyes.gif ! how ea bought take2, and rockstar got closed, and gta got anualised, SpeedTheftAuto, with spoof comercials and trailers, and depicting some shallow gameplay and such, while praising it's "new and unique character creation", and all the big reviewers giving a+ to the ultimate sandbox biggrin.gif!

This post has been edited by alooper21: Feb 20 2011, 08:43 PM

--------------------
Excerpt from GTA5:

Love is complicated :(
I fucked bitches... killed bitches... robbed bitches...
Maybe here... things won't be different :)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 25 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #16

Godfather
Group Icon

Former Bizarre Creations staff form Lucid Games
Liverpool Echo

This post has been edited by -Marney1-: Feb 25 2011, 06:30 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 25 2011, 08:14 PM
Post #17

Godfather
Group Icon

Lucid Games Official Site Now taking people on.

This post has been edited by -Marney1-: Feb 25 2011, 08:20 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Mar 23 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #18

Godfather
Group Icon

Ex-Bizarre Creations staff form Hogrocket.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 02:10 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4