Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tips I've thus far found:
Dog Mauser Truck
post May 23 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #1

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,290

*Load up on horse pills, they help your horse regenerate its stamina so that it can win races.
*When you alongside a train's cab, press square to jump in and control it.
*The first semiautomatics can be obtained at the Escalara gunshop. They
are:
1. Semiautomatic pistol.
2. Semiautomatic shotgun.

Ordinary pistol asnd shotgun ammo work in both.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 23 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #2

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

I thought trains weren't controllable?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 23 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #3

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

yea, i just learned how to jump on a train from the missions... but, i don't think the option was available before that mission... so, now i gotta go see if i can FINALLY rob a train biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post May 23 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #4

Pickpocket

Member No.: 870

the option to jump onto the train was there before whatever mission as I've been doing it recently and I've not done any train missions.

I cant jump to the cab to "control" it though, so I don't know if that is a bullshit rumour or not.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 23 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #5

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Can't find anything else...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 23 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #6

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

A hint for the master hunter challenge; kill 2 cougars with a knife (also works for kill wolves with a knife.)

Using deadeye paint two markers on non lethal parts of the body (front limbs etc.) Once shot the animal should run away, chase after it (on foot should suffice) eventually it'll slow down and you can knife away.

The best place i've found for cougars is north of ManFarlane ranch, just to the north-east of the train tracks in the hills, boars also spawn there too. Also, by the rail bridge in Stillwater I had 5 cougars in a row spawn, although it only happened once, but they are still common there.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 24 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #7

i find cougars pretty much EVERYWHERE!! i'm constantly running into cougars, it's a bit much sometimes... i get sick of losing my horse so, i bought a deed to respawn the good one when i need it... it's the hungarian half-bred... the fastest one in mexico...

i haven't gotten that challenge yet though, i still need to kill 3 bears with one shot biggrin.gif... and i haven't unlocked elizabeth yet so, who knows when i'll get that challenge completed... i am kind of stuck with that challenge until i open up the rest of the map... but thanks for mentioning that boars spawn up above macfarlane's ranch because, i need to kill and skin 5 of them for a different challenge...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 24 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #8

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

3 bears.. 1 shot.... I couldnt kill 3 termites in one shot...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 24 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #9

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 24 2010, 05:50 PM) *

I also mistook this challenge, I thought you had to actually kill three bears in one deadeye shot, so I roamed around for 10 minutes until I had 4 following me, then placed about three targets on each one. Afterwards I didn't get the completion message, it was then that I realised you had to kill three bears with one shot each. It's easy, just shoot em' in the eye. The next one is shoot two hats off and disarm two people - easy.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 24 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #10

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Aaaah, one shot each sounds fair enough. I'ma get straight on that shit when I get home! .... and I've played the game enough to get to West Elizabeth.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 24 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 24 2010, 04:36 PM) *

I also mistook this challenge, I thought you had to actually kill three bears in one deadeye shot, so I roamed around for 10 minutes until I had 4 following me, then placed about three targets on each one. Afterwards I didn't get the completion message, it was then that I realised you had to kill three bears with one shot each. It's easy, just shoot em' in the eye. The next one is shoot two hats off and disarm two people - easy.

yea, the emphasis is on the word "each" in the challenge menu... kill 3 bears each with one shot... hopefully i can unlock west elizabeth tonight and get this challenge done with... and i hope i have some luck in chasing down the boars too...

here's a tip, when you kill a cougar, STAY ON THE LOOKOUT!! they always travel in pairs biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 24 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #12

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 24 2010, 09:40 PM) *

yea, the emphasis is on the word "each" in the challenge menu... kill 3 bears each with one shot... hopefully i can unlock west elizabeth tonight and get this challenge done with... and i hope i have some luck in chasing down the boars too...

here's a tip, when you kill a cougar, STAY ON THE LOOKOUT!! they always travel in pairs biggrin.gif...

You usually hear them before you see them, cougars are much harder to kill IMO because of their speed, grizzlys lumber along and take a while to reach you. Anyway off to finish the Professor's missions.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: May 24 2010, 08:42 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 24 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 24 2010, 04:42 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 24 2010, 09:40 PM) *

You usually hear them before you see them, cougars are much harder to kill IMO because of their speed, grizzlys lumber along and take a while to reach you. Anyway off to finish the Professor's missions.

wow, you must have great luck then because, most of time, cougars get my horse before i even hear them... the ones i tend to hear before i see are the ones chasing down a random ped or chasing down dinner... the ones hunting me are never herd from until it's too late biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 26 2010, 09:59 AM
Post #14

Pessimistic nihilistic.

So i'll just post the treasure locations that I remember, quite a few in Mexico I stumbled on by accident just after gaining access to it.

Treasure 1 - The Hanging Rock - between the large rocks. (Easy)
Treasure 2 - Rio Bravo, Del Lobo Rock - at the top of the ridge above a small shack, as indicated by the sketch you must descend the cliffside and find the treasure along the narrow path. (Moderate)
Treasure 3 - Tumbleweed - In the basement of the mansion, you'll do a mission for Seth there and also a side quest. (Easy)
Treasure 4 - Rio del Toro - heading west along the path by a tree to the left of the road, look for a low wall to and you'll find it.
Treasure 5 - Crooked Toes - Not far from the savehouse shack you get when entering Mexico, it's quite a unique looking rock so you shouldn't miss it.
Treasure 6 - Can't remember the area name but the arch is quite a prominent feature on the landscape, the treasure is buried under it on the northern side of the arch.
Treasure 7 - Diez Coronas, Roca de Madera - Find the rock and head east behind it until you find the ridge, continue east along it and you should find the treasure. (Moderate)
Treasure 8 - West Elizabeth, Broken Tree, not too hard to find, just head for the tree and you'll find it. (Easy)
Treasure 9 - Nekoti Rock, at the top of the path in the cave. (Easy)

I've done all 10 but I can't remember another one. confused1.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 05:49 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4