Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Employee Launch kit
Kuwong
post May 19 2010, 08:29 AM
Post #1

Pickpocket

Group: Members
Member No.: 870

Not seen this anywhere else apart from the forum where I saw it linked. Seems Employees of Rockstar I think, maybe game store employees, are getting a special edition employee's version of the game. Looks fantastic to me, a shame Rockstar didn't make more copies like this for the general public.

This post has been edited by Kuwong: May 19 2010, 08:30 AM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 19 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #2

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

I saw a photo of the box when these were sent out a while ago... Hadn't seen the guts of it though. Sucks. I'd pay extra.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post May 19 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #3

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

Looks awesome, although most of that stuff, at least in my experience, is the stuff you throw in the back of your wardrobe and forget about after the game's been released. I've got TONS of GTA themed stuff like that from the past few years from Rockstar and it's just a collectors item really. Got a big box full of random GTA merch like GTA SA bandana's, socks, poker chips, dice, Vice City sweat bands and beachballs, GTA4 statues of happiness, LCPD shirts, hundreds of stickers and plenty of generic t-shirts just to name a few... Not to mention the custom Lost & Damned themed Xbox 360 Elite... tongue.gif

Having said that I would still gladly take one of them Red Dead Boxes! smile.gif

[/Unintended brag about my free shit] happy.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post May 19 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #4

Pickpocket

Either you put that stuff out on display or I'm gonna come take it and put it on display in my room for no one to see but me!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post May 19 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #5

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

I might have to take a photo of all my stuff once I get my room tidied up a bit. There's got to be close to 100 different items smile.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post May 19 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #6

Pickpocket

Knew I should have started a fansite when I was a kid, if only for the free stuff.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post May 19 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #7

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Not to mention the 3 (and counting) free trips to NYC to play games before they're released wink.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post May 19 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #8

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

i dont think anybody with a gta fansite can go, can they haha ?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post May 19 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #9

Pickpocket

QUOTE (Psy @ May 19 2010, 01:53 PM) *
Not to mention the 3 (and counting) free trips to NYC to play games before they're released wink.gif

Well I'm a games tester to be, so one day I might be getting paid to play games full time. tongue.gif Still, free trip to New York would be nice.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post May 19 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #10

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Good luck with the testing. I've spoken to a few guys who've been involved in that before and it's not as glamorous as you might think. Generally involves long hours doing the same thing over and over to the point where you don't actually want to play the game once it's finished haha. It's something I'd like to try out though if/when I move into working in the games industry.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post May 19 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #11

Pickpocket

Yeah I know well the risks, did it for a week once before, got a three month contract coming up soon. I still say it's better than working anywhere else, I'd rather test the same thing over and over than clean toilets or work at burger king! Thanks for the tips all the same!

This post has been edited by Kuwong: May 19 2010, 01:37 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post May 19 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #12

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Totally agreed. It's the first step in the industry really. I know guys at EA who started off testing and they're product managers now so enjoy it. There are some people at Rockstar who tested GTA4's multiplayer for a year, racked up thousands of hours and still love it, so I guess it just depends on the game you're testing and stuff. Good luck though, keep me updated with how it's going smile.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post May 19 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #13

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (Psy @ May 19 2010, 08:53 AM) *

Did they fly you out for RDR?
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post May 19 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #14

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

^ http://www.ireddead.com/news/website/6/fansite-preview/

on a related note:

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post May 19 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #15

Pickpocket

whats that, the Employees edition or a different edition?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post May 19 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #16

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Fansite Edition. wink.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post May 19 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #17

Pickpocket

They make all these editions and people in America who went to a midnight release got a deck of cards, yet there is no "offical" limited/special/collectors edition? Disappointing.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 19 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #18

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 19 2010, 01:47 PM) *
They make all these editions and people in America who went to a midnight release got a deck of cards, yet there is no "offical" limited/special/collectors edition? Disappointing.

i didn't get a deck of cards... i was severely disappointed mad.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post May 19 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #19

Pickpocket

Yeah but you had a chance, you just missed it is all!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 19 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #20

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

what? no i didn't.. no one in line had a deck of cards...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 10:23 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4