IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> High School named after KKK founder decides to keep the name, even though more than half of their students are black
Skinny 
post Nov 23 2008, 05:29 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 23 2008, 02:12 AM) [snapback]1472410[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Nov 20 2008, 07:55 AM) [snapback]1472212[/snapback]
QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 20 2008, 12:17 AM) [snapback]1472138[/snapback]
exactly...it's getting all about political correctness, and the minorities are starting to get more power than the majority and everyone is acting like it's alright...
Also, Hitler and Stalin were the ones who brainwashed millions of people into their ideology, and led to war/mass murder. Naming a school after them is completely different than naming a school after a good warrior who fought on the field for what he believed in/was told to fight for.

Stalin bravely fought for what he believed was right (communism) as did Bin Laden (defeating the Russians, then for a world without infidels) as did many British military men in the 16-18 hundreds (killing aboriginals and native americans).

It really has fuck all to do with political correctness, or the fact that's it was blacks that he fought to keep as slaves; more the notion that he fought to keep anyone as slaves.

Stalin fought for his beliefs just like Bush fought in Iraq. Either of them took any part in any actual battle except for throwing orders. It was all up to the troops and commanders to fight on the field and risk their lives for what their leader believed in. Forrest was one of those people ON THE FIELD, making the strategies and leading his men to battle, while Stalin and whatever other examples you give, sat on their asses far away from the front, waiting for the results of those battles.

No, Stalin was part of the actual revolution against the zars. And Bin Laden fought on the field many times....

--------------------
=D
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Nov 23 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #42

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(NCP @ Nov 22 2008, 12:30 PM) [snapback]1472395[/snapback]
I kinda laughed about the reactions of this schools action, but I also wouldn't change the name. Just because I am against namechanging and especially buildings. The founders of this school adored this Forrest guy and therefor it should keep the name. The fact that more than half the school is black makes it even better. That just shows that the status that those Confederates had, is now nothing more than a memory. Sure some people think he was a hero or something and there are some people that disagree with that, but is that really the point of discussion here? Maybe the school's name is known around a large area and if they use a new name, they need to do a lot of promotion to get known like they now do. This also could be the reason.
Well shit, a relevant point for the opposition, and one that isn't based on 13-year-old military fantasies.

Well in, Robin O_o

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mohawk
post Dec 5 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #43

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 37,964

First of all... So? It's a building for godsake! It doesn't mean the white people inside it are like murdering blacks and making bonefires while wearing white hoods...

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Nov 9 2008, 10:44 PM) [snapback]1471210[/snapback]
You're absolutely right.
Why would they want to keep that name.

We shouldn't name anything after Southern Civil War heroes and military leaders.
They should rename it after black historical figure.

I doubt they named the school after him in honor of his Klan duties.
They most likely named it after him because of his actions in the Civil War.

Thats why they'd want it named that.
Its why other schools are named after other high ranking officers during the Civil War.

So, it shouldn't be named after a white dude but after a black dude? Why is that? It's always the same story, the blacks love to see racism in every action, while if a white guy try to say a black dude was racist with him he's the one being racist!
The Civil War was fought centuries ago, no one living today fought it... I mean, it's time to get over this but my great grand father was a slave, I want my rights stuff... There'll be a Black guy in the office for the next four years (I hope he stays there for 4 years)... Can't you black people see that the majority of racism is created by you? You always try to be seem as the ones being harased, but hey! Wake up! It's the 21st century, stop being sorry for your relatives you didn't even met and try being normal citizen... You are not an African-American... You were born in the US you are an American, period.
ok... time for you to start calling me names, I know this post won't pass without someone trying to prove me wrong. I don't care, I have my opinion and no one is changing it... And before you call me racist (I know someone will at least think about it), let me tell you, I have black friends, I have no problems with black people, I just hate when they try to show themselves as poor suffering people...
Grow up!

srry if I got repetitive up there...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Dec 5 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #44

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

I know I said that I am not saying anything else in this buuut...you do know I'm not black right?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Dec 6 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #45

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Mohawk @ Dec 5 2008, 08:59 PM) [snapback]1473980[/snapback]
First of all... So? It's a building for godsake! It doesn't mean the white people inside it are like murdering blacks and making bonefires while wearing white hoods...

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Nov 9 2008, 10:44 PM) [snapback]1471210[/snapback]
You're absolutely right.
Why would they want to keep that name.

We shouldn't name anything after Southern Civil War heroes and military leaders.

I doubt they named the school after him in honor of his Klan duties.
They most likely named it after him because of his actions in the Civil War.

Thats why they'd want it named that.
Its why other schools are named after other high ranking officers during the Civil War.

So, it shouldn't be named after a white dude but after a black dude? Why is that? It's always the same story, the blacks love to see racism in every action, while if a white guy try to say a black dude was racist with him he's the one being racist!
The Civil War was fought centuries ago, no one living today fought it... I mean, it's time to get over this but my great grand father was a slave, I want my rights stuff... There'll be a Black guy in the office for the next four years (I hope he stays there for 4 years)... Can't you black people see that the majority of racism is created by you? You always try to be seem as the ones being harased, but hey! Wake up! It's the 21st century, stop being sorry for your relatives you didn't even met and try being normal citizen... You are not an African-American... You were born in the US you are an American, period.
ok... time for you to start calling me names, I know this post won't pass without someone trying to prove me wrong. I don't care, I have my opinion and no one is changing it... And before you call me racist (I know someone will at least think about it), let me tell you, I have black friends, I have no problems with black people, I just hate when they try to show themselves as poor suffering people...
Grow up!

srry if I got repetitive up there...
You're really not entering into this whole political debating forum bit with the right spirit...

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The_Technician
post Feb 28 2009, 05:41 AM
Post #46

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,857

QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 11 2008, 04:20 AM) [snapback]1471250[/snapback]
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Nov 10 2008, 07:44 AM) [snapback]1471210[/snapback]

Exactly, cause doing otherwise would be racist and ignorant.

QUOTE(Chris Benoit Stunt Double @ Nov 20 2008, 12:17 AM) [snapback]1472138[/snapback]
exactly...it's getting all about political correctness, and the minorities are starting to get more power than the majority and everyone is acting like it's alright...

exactly. i've never met a equal rights activist who wants equal power. they want all the power for their people (whoever they may be, in this case blacks) and they still act like they're fighting for equality. and whats more, when they speak up for equal rights, they're hailed as heroes, but when a white person sticks up for whitness, he's baranded a racist.

PC sucks my white balls.

--------------------
=The Technician=

Since 24.03.08
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Feb 28 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(The_Technician @ Feb 28 2009, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1487676[/snapback]
i've never met a equal rights activist who wants equal power.

You mean you don't want equal rights? ...

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 01:34 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4