Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Underground Rapper - DZK
XtortioN
post Dec 15 2008, 06:50 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 178

Alright, I enjoy a wide variety of music. Ranging from punk, metal, rap, electronic(Flashbulb), club music like justice and a whole a lot of other stuff. Anyways, I've been listening to this underground rapper for a little while now and feel like I have came across one of the dopest lyricists around. If you enjoy rap, I'm sure you'll enjoy DZK.

Here is an article that pretty much sums it up better than I could say.

By ZACK ZORN written in 2005

YOUTH CORRESPONDENT

"Rap: something over-commercialized in today's modern music scene.

In many cases, the music is incredibly repetitive and empty, talking about nothing more than hitting girls, being a gangsta and being the biggest and baddest out there.

Originally, rappers talking of such subjects were relating what they knew. Just look at Suge Knight.

Nowadays, MCs are simply mimicking the rappers of yesteryear because it's what the kids want to hear. The result: nothing but the same lyrics, talking about being No. 1, selling pot, carrying guns or beating down someone you don't agree with.

However, in the midst of contemporary mainstream rap, an underground revolution that has a little bit more to talk about is becoming more and more popular.

In Northern Virginia, one of the most talented of these underground artists is constantly ripping on every single track he touches.

His name is Andrew Jackson, but you can call him DZK.

With tracks about his life growing up, his perspective on the world and his drug use, this guy has a lot to talk about. And every word is said with hip-hop genius.

Not only does DZK have some of the deepest songs about life and problems, he can rip a diss track that will make you listen.

Anyone who has spoken negatively about this man has been immortalized in one of these diss tracks.

DZK saved the harshest words for rapper Kamikaze, though.

In one song downing Kamikaze, DZK says, "So you got cancer, man/ That's probably why M-Law said to call you 'Chemo Kaze'/ 'Cause if he don't got three months left alive/ I'd be surprised."

Anyone who enjoys hip-hop in the least will fall instantly in love with DZK when he's at his best. And that seems to be a perpetual state of being for this 25-year-old rapper from Fairfax.

This kind of music is definitely not for the conservative goody-goody listeners out there, though, or for young kids. It contains some abrasive lyrics and drug glorification.

Other rappers associated with DZK are K-Nice, B-Roc, Praverb and Spoonfull.

To check out mp3s from DZK, you can go to his soundclick page at soundclick.com/dzk.

Be easy, and check out DZK."

Here are some site where you can listen to his material.

http://www.warlab.com/

http://www.soundclick.com/DZK

You can also find his stuff on youtube, and some other sites. Since 2005 when this article was written he has had a some more stuff produced.

A lot of his tracks are hilarious, and then he can be angry, or talk about serious things in life and then completely switch to talking about drugs and girls. He goes all over the place, and has amazing flow and interesting material. A lot of his battles will have you cracking up, sometimes you gotta research to see why some of the punches make since, but his nameplay and wordplay is always sick. Cycle through some tracks, i'm sure if you enjoy rap you'll find something appealing about this guy.

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:17 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4