IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> US Air Force buys 2000 PS3s, "Best LAN party EVAR!" says General....
Hardcore Ottoman
post Feb 4 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #21

Goon
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

I like your opinion and all, but with your 41 Achievos I really don't care sad.gif

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 4 2010, 02:15 AM
Post #22

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 3 2010, 01:56 AM) *
They may not have announced it as much (or people didn't pay as much attention) in the past but they have done projects and procurements over the years that boasted reduced energy costs or moved towards being "green". Considering the "green" thing is more of a popular term these days and people tend to forget that saving money is a part of it. It's possible the government (or parts of it) are jumpng on the bandwagon. "hey look, we did good!"

When you see your taxes go down as a result of the governments careful spending then that's the time to celebrate (but not praise) your dictator for about 1.367 seconds.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Feb 4 2010, 02:24 AM
Post #23

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Lowering taxes is a topic all it's own. tongue.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Feb 12 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #24

Rat
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,884

Dude fuck the air force. They are so wasteful with their funding while the marine corps has to re use 20 year old gear and doesnt have enough money to supply their own fucking troops.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 12 2010, 03:40 AM
Post #25

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE (Bain @ Feb 11 2010, 10:04 PM) *
Dude fuck the air force. They are so wasteful with their funding while the marine corps has to re use 20 year old gear and doesnt have enough money to supply their own fucking troops.

Yeah, makes you wonder if you made the right choice, right?

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Feb 12 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #26

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Big budget for airplanes that people think are only good to do loopty-loops and other tricks.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Feb 15 2010, 01:26 AM
Post #27

Rat
Group Icon

QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 11 2010, 09:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Bain @ Feb 11 2010, 10:04 PM) *

Yeah, makes you wonder if you made the right choice, right?

No, it makes me realize how many people in charge are making the wrong choices.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
calimann83
post May 16 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,689

Thats pretty crazy, the PS3 must be quite a machine. I did want to comment on the part of the article that said "Before you complain about your tax dollars being spent on toys, the machines aren't for gaming". They didn't buy these PS3s for gaming But the Military Buying PS3s and Xbox's for gaming reasons is not that abnormal. Just about every established base in the middle east have a re3c center with at least 4 or 5 of each, and when you get to the transition point like Kuwait your talking about dozens. I dont know about the Army but thats how the Air Force roles.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post May 16 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #29

Rat
Group Icon

Well thats good because between air conditioned bases god knows the pampered air force needs to get some cod while infantry units of the army and marine corps are begging for gear on their backs to carry just to keep their fucking lives from expiring.

And the idea of this particular article, just fucking ridiculous. This type of fucking absurd research is for civilian funded departments and wild billionaires who sneeze money and are bored.

Or no wait, I would prefer that my closest friends who are in Afghanistan right now had less supplies in the idea of mental research through the catalyst God of motherfucking war for the people who never even see taliban or insurgents while their 6 month deployments to neutral countries continue.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
calimann83
post May 18 2010, 01:11 AM
Post #30

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,689

QUOTE (Bain @ May 16 2010, 03:04 PM) *
Well thats good because between air conditioned bases god knows the pampered air force needs to get some cod while infantry units of the army and marine corps are begging for gear on their backs to carry just to keep their fucking lives from expiring.

And the idea of this particular article, just fucking ridiculous. This type of fucking absurd research is for civilian funded departments and wild billionaires who sneeze money and are bored.

Or no wait, I would prefer that my closest friends who are in Afghanistan right now had less supplies in the idea of mental research through the catalyst God of motherfucking war for the people who never even see Taliban or insurgents while their 6 month deployments to neutral countries continue.

well first off army and in our rec center as well, but the Army rec center had twice has many game systems then ours did, and you want to know why? because these guys are sitting there missing their family's and worrying about getting killed, and the Military knows that spending a few bucks on PS3s to help their moral. also the cost between PS3s and armor is drastic. I dont know if they have rec centers with PS3s in Iraq, but Im sure if they did both the army and air force would be using them.

2nd: its not like they are going out in pickup trucks and tank tops. they did use unarmored hummers at the begging of the war because thats what they had (they also didn't have the PS3s then). things have changed. at least in Iraq NO ONE left the base with out full body armor, and they drove very much armored vehicles. yes there are supply problems, there always will be but the air force buying PS3s for entertainment or research will not change anything about that.

finally I was SF in the Air Force, and I did not spend 6 months in a neutral county, I spent a year in Iraq. I have many Air force friends over there still, and I have others who have been to, are in, or going to Afghanistan, and they are not just sitting on base ether. yes most of the Air Force does not sitting on the front lines but that is not their job. No they bring the army and marine the food, and armor and other equipment they need to fight, and they bring them home. we all have or part to play.

As for the article, I have no idea what is really behind it, and I will not make any assumptions about it. there are people who try to make money off this war, I agree, and it sucks.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post May 20 2010, 10:08 PM
Post #31

Rat
Group Icon

QUOTE (calimann83 @ May 17 2010, 07:11 PM) *
QUOTE (Bain @ May 16 2010, 03:04 PM) *

Or no wait, I would prefer that my closest friends who are in Afghanistan right now had less supplies in the idea of mental research through the catalyst God of motherfucking war for the people who never even see Taliban or insurgents while their 6 month deployments to neutral countries continue.

well first off army and in our rec center as well, but the Army rec center had twice has many game systems then ours did, and you want to know why? because these guys are sitting there missing their family's and worrying about getting killed, and the Military knows that spending a few bucks on PS3s to help their moral. also the cost between PS3s and armor is drastic. I dont know if they have rec centers with PS3s in Iraq, but Im sure if they did both the army and air force would be using them.

2nd: its not like they are going out in pickup trucks and tank tops. they did use unarmored hummers at the begging of the war because thats what they had (they also didn't have the PS3s then). things have changed. at least in Iraq NO ONE left the base with out full body armor, and they drove very much armored vehicles. yes there are supply problems, there always will be but the air force buying PS3s for entertainment or research will not change anything about that.

finally I was SF in the Air Force, and I did not spend 6 months in a neutral county, I spent a year in Iraq. I have many Air force friends over there still, and I have others who have been to, are in, or going to Afghanistan, and they are not just sitting on base ether. yes most of the Air Force does not sitting on the front lines but that is not their job. No they bring the army and marine the food, and armor and other equipment they need to fight, and they bring them home. we all have or part to play.

As for the article, I have no idea what is really behind it, and I will not make any assumptions about it. there are people who try to make money off this war, I agree, and it sucks.

First, a ton of fucking units have access to PS3s in Iraq. I would prefer to have one guy with body armor to the ten PS3s to cover the fucking price. Until your bitch ass it out there under fire of course you would boost morale of people who dont even see combat.

Second, that is a complete fucking lie. The marine corps, and army units, dont have full vody armor. Thats practically a fucking myth. And if you do, the small select amount of units, who do, carry 85 fucking pounds on them. Put that on and walk up two flights of stairs. Enjoy.

Also, their humvees, some had no armor, or very little. I know because I walk by them every day at my fucking batallion, genius.

Oh, and the air force buying PS3's means that fucking funding does not reach the people who really need it.

Oh, finally, No shit a fucking bitch ass airmen delivering supplies to a base in the fucking rear would try to defend his pathetic, worthless fucking part in a real war. Congrats man. I hope your friend endure their hardships of not having lotion for their skin , Pop tarts, and fucking call of duty. Good luck on making sure people who get blown up by IEDS are comforted by their fucking MRES.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:51 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4