Post #1

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

dupzor and ps-fanboy noticed something earlier today... i was playing the MAG private beta... yes, i got a code for it last night from a playstation-only website i frequent... they had 100 codes to hand out and the raffle began yesterday which left me with no room for error... the competition was to submit a PS3 wallpaper or two... if at least one of the wallpapers gets added to the website, you were in the raffle... if your wallpaper wowed 'em (like i think mine did) they said they'd make an exception to the rule and choose you over a random...

i gave 'em a conker's bad fur day wallpaper i made a few years back biggrin.gif...

anyways, i didn't get to play it last night... but, i was able to download the beta, and proceeded to download the updates, which meant i left my system online overnight... thus, when i logged off, i had like 6 messages from people on my list wanting to know how it was or if they could get in too... sadly, the competition is closed for the beta codes from that particular website and, i didn't get to play last night... but, i will make some posts on my experiences and thoughts concerning this game whenever i get the chance...

and hey, there might be a few others here who have the beta too... let's talk about it biggrin.gif... to the rest, post questions or concerns and shit... i'll try to answer them the best i can once i finally get to play this damn thing... i hope it's fun!!

EDIT: ohh, i forgot to mention... the beta is only available at certain times of the day... there's an earlier in the day 5 hour session... and an evening 5 hour session so, my playing time is kind of restricted... but, it makes sense really because, i think they are trying to break the servers with everyone playing at the same time... you know, to test it out and see if it can handle it biggrin.gif... either way, i only get to play it in the evenings for a while, which is fine... i am not sure if this is a game i want to buy but, i at least get the chance to see...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jan 27 2010, 06:43 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 18 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #2

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

I honestly will get it, Zipper has always done a great job and made a successful franchise "Socom" until /sux fucked the hell out of that game with fail, so i have high expectations with this game and from what i've heard my expectations are full filled.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 18 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #3

yea, i really like the future setup with the 3 factions all fighting because, other countries hired them to fight each other over resources... money and power were thrown into chaos after some war or something and, countries hire these merc-like factions to fight their wars for them... and the fact that 256 players can play all at once is just simply amazing... the only knock i have on it is, i am not a big FPS fan... there's some i like and maybe, just maybe, this one will be added to the short list...

but, there's a snag in this whole thing... i just read that the servers are having a problem with the influx of new players... and the fact that your downloading the game from the game's servers really slowed things down yesterday, bringing it to almost a complete halt... so, they're closing down the servers this weekend so, i won't get to play it sad.gif... at least not until monday biggrin.gif... but, that's what a beta is for right? to fix the kinks...

* STORY *

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 18 2009, 05:24 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 18 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #4

Bukkake?
Group Icon

I heard rumors of an open beta being released around Nov. any idea if thats true, or will i have to wait until release date to play it sad.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 18 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #5

not sure really... i haven't followed this game closely... i merely jumped at the opportunity for private beta testing and got in... it's a game that i am on the fence about and thought this would be a good opportunity to see if it will be worth my $60 next year biggrin.gif...

it seems like most games that have beta tests, tend to have a private beta, followed by an open beta a couple/few months later... i would imagine this game would follow the same suit...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 18 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #6

Bukkake?
Group Icon

i would think they would because then they could really test the servers abilities and if their is any flaws have it done/fix'd by release

This post has been edited by ConQueSteD: Sep 18 2009, 05:30 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 18 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #7

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I don't understand how they can get over 250 players in one match. Most games struggle with 36! It baffles me, but i can imagine it is going to be awesome. I like the sound of playing in large groups. It'll hopefully make you feel like you are in a large war with your own army.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 18 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #8

Bukkake?
Group Icon

i can't even image Clan Matches on that game or if it even supports that. but that is taking a step towards better war games. I mean image COD with 256 Players.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 18 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 18 2009, 02:00 PM) *
I like the sound of playing in large groups. It'll hopefully make you feel like you are in a large war with your own army.

yea, that's what has me intrigued... and seeing the screenshots of large groups of players just brought that point home... it's gonna literally feel like a war because, there's no AI controlled enemies... it's man vs. man biggrin.gif... 128 vs. 128 biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 18 2009, 07:20 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Sep 18 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #10

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

The Beta is so annoying.
I haven't even got to play it.
So basically you download a small file, about 250MB, so you're like oh cool. Then you need to do an update that's about 30MB, so that's OK.
But here is the kicker: then in game there is a 2.6GB file you need to download, which pretty much downloads about a reportedly 20% an hour (i got to about 3% in 10 minutes and figured i would download it later when the servers aren't loaded) ... and if you get disconnected you have to start back at 0, and some users have reported getting stuck (some even mentioned getting stuck at 99%!) and if you get stuck you can't do anything but restart your PS3 and it puts your count back at 0. Oh and remember how i mentioned this 2.6GB download is in-game? well yeah that means you can't do anything else with your PS3 at the same time. http://www.ps3center.net/news/3693/mag-ser...-heavy-traffic/
oh and if you do get to download it all, there's a good chance there will be shitty/laggy servers and buggy gameplay.
What's probably worse is they might be increasing the beta to 6GB: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-P...ta-to-total-6GB

Personally, i think i might just skip the beta and wait till the full release. - and before anyone asks, i got my invite through Qore.

This post has been edited by ENVi3: Sep 18 2009, 07:46 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 18 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #11

yea, the 2.6GB file was a bit ridiculous... mine froze at 99%... i left it on overnight and woke up to see it froze at the very end... it was downloading half a MB per two seconds... it was slow as fuck... i hope when they launch it again on monday, they set it up to download like an update does with the other games... not downloading it in-game but, before-game...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Sep 18 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #12

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 18 2009, 03:37 PM) *
i hope when they launch it again on monday, they set it up to download like an update does with the other games... not downloading it in-game but, before-game...
I would prefer a download like anything off the PS Store, where you can set it download in the background and pause/stop and resume as you please.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 18 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #13

i would prefer that too but, i'd take anything other than downloading it in-game biggrin.gif... it'll never happen when you have 100,000 people trying to do it at the same time...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 18 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #14

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

So the beta is pretty much a FAIL then? I'm not too fussed then tbh. But i do want to try the full game once it is released. Can you imagine everyone on here with a PS3 getting it, and all in the same team! that'd be awesome. One thing I'm concerned about it mics... I don't see how we are gonna be able to hear anything if 120 odd people are all trying to talk at once...

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Sep 18 2009, 09:08 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Sep 18 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #15

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 18 2009, 04:07 PM) *
So the beta is pretty much a FAIL then? I'm not too fussed then tbh. But i do want to try the full game once it is released. Can you imagine everyone on here with a PS3 getting it, and all in the same team! that'd be awesome. One thing I'm concerned about it mics... I don't see how we are gonna be able to hear anything if 120 odd people are all trying to talk at once...
at this point yeah the Beta sorta sucks, because you can't even play it. sorta like with MGO and you only having like 19seconds to type all your info in and the whole konami ID thing.
i think Mics will be localized within squads ... they seem to stress that the best way to play the game is to stick with your squad.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 18 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #16

but that's the point of a beta... they knew it was gonna be rough sailing starting out, they just needed some dummies like us to populate the servers so they can see what needs to be done... i am optimistic that being down this weekend will give them time to fix the current server problems...

but, that's not gonna fix the 6GB download though... they're basically saying too bad, it's beta and your getting almost the whole game to play for free... you have no room to complain... and i agree with that statement too... it's beta, you get whatever the hell they want to give you... don't like it then, you don't have to play it...

i'll play it though one of these days... i got 2 months to give it a shot... by the end of the 2 months, i bet the download gets to 14GB laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 18 2009, 10:07 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Sep 19 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #17

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

So for those who actually played the game..what is it like? What is the gameplay comparable too?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 19 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #18

Bukkake?
Group Icon

QUOTE (QD-O @ Sep 19 2009, 02:01 PM) *
So for those who actually played the game..what is it like? What is the gameplay comparable too?

from the trailers it looks similar to KZ2 but with more mayhem. not sure about 1st hand experience

This post has been edited by ConQueSteD: Sep 19 2009, 07:10 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 19 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #19

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE (QD-O @ Sep 19 2009, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 19 2009, 12:05 PM) *

from the trailers it looks similar to KZ2 but with more mayhem. not sure about 1st hand experience

lol...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Sep 19 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #20

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Sep 19 2009, 05:02 PM) *

QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 19 2009, 12:05 PM) *

lol...

Lol. Thanks.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 04:30 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4