Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SAMA - San Andreas Mission Analyzer
skaro
post Jan 18 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #41

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,436

saves are in "my documents" - drill down from there and you'll find the files for the 8 save slots.

SAMA is tres cool program, BTW, works fine on my saves. thumbup.gif

--------------------
no, i didn't steal my licence - i don't have a licence. i don't need a licence. but i do need your car.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RhymeCraft
post Feb 24 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #42

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 28,259

this must be for the PC version

EDIT: nvm i forgot what forum i was in lol

This post has been edited by Young-Inferno: Feb 24 2006, 05:02 PM

--------------------
"RECOGNIZE OR STEP ASIDE"

[img]http://irepnow.com/images/irepthumbs/neworleans.jpg
[img]http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/03.07/Jengaaaa.gif
sig too large
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Mar 19 2006, 08:10 AM
Post #43

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,927

It should have been called The Original San Andreas Mission Analyzer. Then the acronym would be OSAMA laugh.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
skierpage
post Sep 30 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #44

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 32,628

I've been stuck at 69 of 70 unique jumps in the PS2 version for a year!

pdescobar on gtaforums.com (host seems down right now?) suggested I try SAMA. But I'm on a PS2. So I spent $80 to get the EMS PS2 USB Memory Adapter, and was able to get a a gta5000.psu file on my PC. (The excitement builds...) Then I used PS2 Save Builder v0.8 to open the .psu file and extract a particular save point, e.g. Country Endurance.b. (I'm as excited as Mel Gibson eyeing a tequila bottle!) Then I downloaded SAMA (Oct 30 2005 version) and it expects the same .b file extension and I open my file. Finally I'm going to find the ^*%$#! jump that's avoided capture! (I'm as excited as Paris Hilton near a video camera!!)

"File C:\blah\blah\Country Endurance.b has an invalid format"

Arggghhh!!!

What now?! Does SAMA work on PS2 saves transferred to a PC? pdescobar thought so: "The save formats are supposedly quite similar. If you can get it to a PC and SAMA doesn't like it, I'd be willing to take a look at it." I uploaded this .b file to http://www.skierpage.com/gta/CountryEndurance.b

BTW, I donated to Demarest for Unique Call which helped me out of the same jam on the PC version of GTA: Vice City.

Many many thanks!
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Sep 30 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #45

Upstanding Citizen

Mayybe the problem is the first part of the filename. Instead of country endurance maye you could change it to the name the savegame file usually has which is GTASAsf1.b . I bet the missing one is one of the ones that you have to tap the lean forward button to get extra speed in order to jump far enough.

Edit: Well nevermind. I tried changing the filename but it didn't make a difference.

Edit 2: I tried loading the game but it didn't work. SA saw the savegame file, but when I went to load it, a new game started instead. Maybe you should try converting it again.

This post has been edited by HEAT84: Sep 30 2006, 09:23 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
skierpage
post Sep 30 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #46

Upstanding Citizen

Thanks for responding.

QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Sep 30 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1238856[/snapback]

I bet the missing {unique jump} is one of the ones that you have to tap the lean forward button to get extra speed in order to jump far enough.

Yeah, like the LS airport. Every few months I drive around all the locations, but I get frustrated after a few hours, knowing that the answer lies in a single bit on my memory card!

I tried loading the game but it didn't work. SA saw the savegame file, but when I went to load it, a new game started instead.

You mean you tried loading my .b file extracted from a PS2 in GTA:SA for the PC? I guess that's a good test of whether the save games are compatible... I wonder if somewhere someone has analyzed the difference between PS2 saves and PC saves.

Maybe you should try converting it again.

I read my one and only GTA:SA file on my PS2 memory card in several different versions of the EMS PS2 USB memory adapter program and they produce an identical .psu file on the PC. I've run PS2 Save Builder to extract a few different save points and every .b file gives the same "File something.b has an invalid format" error in SAMA. I've even tried converting the .psu file into a .XPS file with PS2MemConv before extracting the .b file and the .b file is identical.

Is there documentation somewhere of the .b file format? Is the source for SAMA or a similar save game analyser available? Am I the only person to ever this? wallbash_red.gif

Again thanks.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Sep 30 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #47

Upstanding Citizen

I just wanted to let you know that in the load menu where shows the date and time of the last save, for your save game it says 00 SEPT 0000 00:00:00 instead of the proper time and date.
Achievements

+Quote Post
skierpage
post Sep 30 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #48

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(skierpage @ Sep 30 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]1238640[/snapback]
(problems reading PS2 game saves with SAMA)

When the going gets tough, the tough go command-line!

C:\Games\Utilities\SAMA>gx CountryEnduranceCOPY.b
WARNING: Unable to find GTA:SA script, using default
Savefile script header not identical to main.scm, may be incompatible version
gang tags not done: 28 33
map can be found at http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/guides/tagsmap/map.htm
unique jumps not done: 69
map can be found at http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/gr...to_sa_jumps.png

clap.gif roll2.gif That was it. Camel's Toe heading east. I remember crashing onto the lip of the roof past the parking lot, I guess that didn't count.

So FYI the command-line gx program is more accepting of incompatibilities than the cool GUI SAMA program.

Where are the PayPal donation buttons for gtasa4ever (SAMA) and Vector (PS2 Save Tools)? notworthy.gifwub.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Oct 1 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #49

Upstanding Citizen

I was gonna suggest using the DOS version but I didn't think it would make a difference.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Formula
post Dec 13 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #50

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 6,881

I'm in the exact same situation skierpage was in with only 69/70 unique stunt jumps completed on the PS2. I followed the process to get the '.b' file, only I used a MAX drive to get the file to my PC. When I go to execute gx.exe via the command prompt, I get the following message:

C:\Documents and Settings\Holly Darling.GHDA-WGCNUO80DL>"C:\Documents and Settings\Holly Darling.GHDA-WGCNUO80DL\Desktop\Garth\Grand Theft Auto\SAMA\gx.exe" gx
1_Freeway.b
Unable to map file gx, error = 6

I've tried fiddling with the line, but I still don't get anywhere:

C:\Documents and Settings\Holly Darling.GHDA-WGCNUO80DL>"C:\Documents and Settings\Holly Darling.GHDA-WGCNUO80DL\Desktop\Garth\Grand Theft Auto\SAMA\gx.exe" "1 Freeway.b"
Unable to open file 1 Freeway.b, error = 2

Can anyone help here? It would be much appreciated, as I am by no means used to DOS(mad.gif).

Giff

This post has been edited by Giff: Dec 13 2006, 10:45 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Dec 14 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #51

Upstanding Citizen

GX is the wrong file. The SA savgame files look similar to this: GTASAsf1.b .

The default path to it is C:\Documents and Settings\XP USERNAME\My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

And why don't you use the GUI version of SAMA?

If you did type the correct filename (is your save game file a converted PS2 one? You didn't mention that), the only way GX.exe would see it without typing a filepath in front of the filename, is if it was in the same folder as GX.exe.

A really easy way to do it is to open a DOS window, drag GX.exe into it, hit SPACE, drag the savegame file into the DOS window, and then hit ENTER and it should work.

This post has been edited by HEAT84: Dec 14 2006, 11:10 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Formula
post Dec 15 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #52

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 6,881

QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Dec 14 2006, 11:04 PM) [snapback]1270381[/snapback]

GX is the wrong file. The SA savgame files look similar to this: GTASAsf1.b .

The default path to it is C:\Documents and Settings\XP USERNAME\My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

And why don't you use the GUI version of SAMA?

If you did type the correct filename (is your save game file a converted PS2 one? You didn't mention that), the only way GX.exe would see it without typing a filepath in front of the filename, is if it was in the same folder as GX.exe.

A really easy way to do it is to open a DOS window, drag GX.exe into it, hit SPACE, drag the savegame file into the DOS window, and then hit ENTER and it should work.

Yes, my file is a converted PS2 save file; I followed the exact same steps as skierpage with one exception: I used a Max drive to transport the file from my PS2 to my PC, hence I used the gx.exe because the GUI version cannot recognise the converted file.

I'll try what you suggested and let you know if it works.

EDIT: It worked! Thank you for your help

Giff

This post has been edited by Giff: Dec 15 2006, 12:37 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
tomart
post Jul 8 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #53

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 32,450

You are The Man! Thanks for an excellent program - I loaded .NET and SAMA worked perfectly (PC v2.) You solved my nagging oysters and tags problems, as well as listing everything else I need to do. Your map display with the colored dots is good enough it should come with the game.
Just one question: can I run it and leave the map open while playing the game? Perhaps that's too much to ask.
Thanks again!
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jul 8 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #54

Upstanding Citizen

Yes you can leave it open, but its not a realtime monitor or anything. You have to reload your savegame into it everytime you save your game progress in order to see any changes.

This post has been edited by HEAT84: Jul 8 2007, 06:54 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamil Czempiński
post Jul 17 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #55

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 37,128

Has anybody GTA3 Mission Analyzer or GTA VC Mission Analyzer?
Achievements

+Quote Post
l3ullets
post Jun 23 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #56

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 41,765

Will help in finding missing tag.

Great program. cheers.
Achievements

+Quote Post
humbatumba
post Oct 5 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #57

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 43,094

Wonderful work!
Achievements

+Quote Post
GangBanger23
post Oct 21 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #58

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 43,396

Thank you! I decided to do all the tags while on the 'tagging up turf' mission, spread over three sessions (I'd do a dozen or so then cruise around gang-banging for a while. Not the fastest method, but more fun for me), crossing the tags off on a map print-out as I went. Unfortunately the game crashed on one of those sessions leaving me with 18 tags left to do and no clue as to which ones they were. You've saved me a lot of heartache my friend!
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:48 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4