IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Old games to get., I want some games.
psychÝ
post Jun 22 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,279

I am getting a new laptop which actually have a graphics card in, which is going to arrive whenever Dell hurries the fuck up and builds it, anyway I want to know what FPS and strategy games are out that are good, I haven't played pretty much any games since about 6 months after Battlefield 2, any DX9 games would be good suggestions from about 2005 till now.

Some games I have been looking at are:
    - F.E.A.R, I played the demo of that and it seemed ok,
    - Red alert 3, if EA haven't fucked it up it should be good, red alert always has been.
    - S.T.A.L.K.E.R, don't really know anything about it though, is it any good?
    - SWAT 4, once again is that any good?
    - Was look at the new Rainbow Six but it didn't have a great rating, hows that, which one do you think is best, I haven't played one since the original, which was released in like 1998.

Anyway any suggestions/comments?

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 22 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #2

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

farcry 2
call of duty's
Crysis
Spore
Overlord 2
GTA4

It depends on what you like really.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jun 22 2009, 07:05 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Jun 22 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Great list of DX9 games there.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jun 22 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #4

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Sim City?
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Jun 22 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(marney1 @ Jun 22 2009, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1509017[/snapback]
Sim City?

*Slaps forehead* That was released in 2003 and I can play it on my current laptop...

I mean really did nothing happen for like 3 years...

Dup, how is Call of duty 4 storyline to play?

This post has been edited by psychÝ: Jun 22 2009, 08:31 PM

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 22 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #6

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

the movies? it was aight... could of used more animations and such but, it was still fun to create movies... and the studio mode is like a strategy/micro-management game since you have to manage your stars and budgets, and stuff...

when i get a new computer i plan on playing this again... i had fun making movies...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Jun 22 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #7

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

What dupzor said and sims 3. I like killing them.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Jun 22 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Captain.Charisma @ Jun 22 2009, 09:32 PM) [snapback]1509025[/snapback]
What dupzor said and sims 3. I like killing them.

I played the original Sims and it was all right, is it like that or is it like it with all its pointless crappy add on packs, then again that game took ages too play and never really finishes.

How is the new NFS? Underground and Underground 2 were really good and Most wanted wasn't bad.

This post has been edited by psychÝ: Jun 22 2009, 08:47 PM

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Jun 23 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #9

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

I'm an RTS nerd.

World in Conflict - Definetly recommend this one, graphics intensive but awesome gameplay.
Age of Empires III - Not sure when this was released, it may be old but it was quite fun.
Command and Conquer Red Alert II - Hmm, its aight, fun for a short time. Feels abit dumbed down at times.
Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars - Older, but I prefered this over Red Alert II tbh.

Not a pure RTS but still a strategy game, Empire Total War. It's relatively new, mixes turn based strategy with real time. Most the Total War games are good.
It may be a good idea to check the IGN website and look through the editors choices;
http://uk.pc.ign.com/index/choice.html

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 23 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #10

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I just seen Mortorstorm Pacific Rift for 30 bucks. I already have it but I would recommended other for getting it at that price, its a bargain. I will warn you that the game is fucking hard.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Jun 23 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #11

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

Starcraft/Warcraft (The original, not the shitty WoW version)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jun 23 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #12

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I would like to play the original warcraft w/ someone. I used to play it all the time.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 24 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #13

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 22 2009, 09:27 PM) [snapback]1509023[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ Jun 22 2009, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1509017[/snapback]
Sim City?

*Slaps forehead* That was released in 2003 and I can play it on my current laptop...

I mean really did nothing happen for like 3 years...

Dup, how is Call of duty 4 storyline to play?

It is awesome. A really modern twist in the call of duty series. It is the best CoD so far imo.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 24 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

I was thinking of getting ff7 via PSN

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Jun 25 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Indy @ Jun 23 2009, 06:35 PM) [snapback]1509078[/snapback]
I'm an RTS nerd.

World in Conflict - Definetly recommend this one, graphics intensive but awesome gameplay.
Age of Empires III - Not sure when this was released, it may be old but it was quite fun.
Command and Conquer Red Alert II - Hmm, its aight, fun for a short time. Feels abit dumbed down at times.
Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars - Older, but I prefered this over Red Alert II tbh.

Not a pure RTS but still a strategy game, Empire Total War. It's relatively new, mixes turn based strategy with real time. Most the Total War games are good.
It may be a good idea to check the IGN website and look through the editors choices;

I played Rome: Total war and will probably play that again at some point, the only reason I stopped was because the computer I had couldn't run it and my other computer was somewhere else, it was pretty good though.

Probably give both the new C+Cs a go I preferred RA2 to Tiberium sun, but that was only because it was more arcadey and just more fun IMO.
QUOTE(PS-Fanboy @ Jun 23 2009, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1509090[/snapback]

I refuse to play anything that associates with WoW, plus I played starcraft years ago and didn't have a clue wtf was going on.

QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 24 2009, 06:52 PM) [snapback]1509172[/snapback]

GTFO with your shitty console, I have a pad for my PC and therefore it is just better.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Jun 25 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #16

Get off my Planet

Civilization then?
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 25 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 25 2009, 12:41 PM) [snapback]1509268[/snapback]
I refuse to play anything that associates with WoW, plus I played starcraft years ago and didn't have a clue wtf was going on.

QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 24 2009, 06:52 PM) [snapback]1509172[/snapback]

GTFO with your shitty console, I have a pad for my PC and therefore it is just better.

Umm...What?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Jun 26 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #18

Get off my Planet

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Jun 25 2009, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1509268[/snapback]
QUOTE(Indy @ Jun 23 2009, 06:35 PM) [snapback]1509078[/snapback]
I'm an RTS nerd.

I played Rome: Total war and will probably play that again at some point, the only reason I stopped was because the computer I had couldn't run it and my other computer was somewhere else, it was pretty good though.

Probably give both the new C+Cs a go I preferred RA2 to Tiberium sun, but that was only because it was more arcadey and just more fun IMO.
QUOTE(PS-Fanboy @ Jun 23 2009, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1509090[/snapback]

?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jun 26 2009, 01:11 AM
Post #19

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Oh look ^ footpads with the wings on (to protect your instep).
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 08:19 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4