IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ballad Of Gay Tony as a title a little too much?
Title a little too over the top?
Do you think the title Rockstar picked is a little too much even for GTA?
Yeah, thought you play as a gay guy! [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Dont care just want to play!!! [ 12 ] ** [41.38%]
No, I think its great [ 9 ] ** [31.03%]
I love GAY PEOPLE!!! [ 5 ] ** [17.24%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
GTARuler
post Sep 13 2009, 07:25 AM
Post #1

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 56,556
XBL Gamertag: GTA Ruler1
PSN Name: GTARuler

Hey just wanted to get peoples opinion on this, because I had some friends think they were going to play as some gay guy and I guess that bothered them because they said they weren't going to buy it if that was true. It donít bother me at all GTA is GTA no matter what. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by GTARuler: Sep 13 2009, 07:27 AM

--------------------
Grand Theft Auto KICKS ASS!!!!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Sep 13 2009, 07:29 AM
Post #2

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Your friends are retarded. it's a fucking GTA title, who gives a shit? I know people who fit in with the KKK who played San Andreas and liked it just fine.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTARuler
post Sep 13 2009, 07:32 AM
Post #3

Nobody Special
Group Icon

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 13 2009, 03:29 AM) *
Your friends are retarded. it's a fucking GTA title, who gives a shit? I know people who fit in with the KKK who played San Andreas and liked it just fine.

Yeah I know I told them you don't play as a gay guy and they said they were joking, but I know them they were serious.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Sep 13 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #4

Trickster

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,061

If that was enough to deter them then I'm pretty happy. GTA is trying to teach people to be less douchebaggish towards things they aren't accustomed to. Did your friends throw the controller to the ground and erupt with angst when they found Florian wasn't as grizzled and wartorn as Niko? Or that they had to *gasp* protect a homosexual from being beaten in central park.

Its opening a lot of people to a world they never see, and those too intolerant to even play a game relating to the material shouldn't be playing games made for adults.

And if the people with a problem are adults then they just need to grow up.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTARuler
post Sep 13 2009, 07:53 AM
Post #5

Nobody Special
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tranque @ Sep 13 2009, 03:39 AM) *
If that was enough to deter them then I'm pretty happy. GTA is trying to teach people to be less douchebaggish towards things they aren't accustomed to. Did your friends throw the controller to the ground and erupt with angst when they found Florian wasn't as grizzled and wartorn as Niko? Or that they had to *gasp* protect a homosexual from being beaten in central park.

Its opening a lot of people to a world they never see, and those too intolerant to even play a game relating to the material shouldn't be playing games made for adults.

And if the people with a problem are adults then they just need to grow up.

thumbup.gif I agree with you, and yeah they wanted to be the ones beating him up in the park not protecting him! HA

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Sep 13 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #6

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

GTA is a mature series and if your friends think the title is going to accurately describe the actual game... well, they sound like they're far too immature to be playing it. We never did find out what the 'damned' in Lost and Damned really stood for afaik.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Sep 13 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #7

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

The only people I can imagine finding the title humourous are those younger than 12

*standing in playground*

"Hey, have you heard the title of the new GTA game coming out?"

"No, what's it called?"

"The ballad of GAY Tony!"

"OMFG, seriously? I'm not buying that, if I buy a game with the word gay in it i'm technically gay by default."

*sniggering*

*sustained laughter*

And so on...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 13 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #8

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

QUOTE (GTARuler @ Sep 13 2009, 03:25 AM) *
Hey just wanted to get peoples opinion on this, because I had some friends think they were going to play as some gay guy and I guess that bothered them because they said they weren't going to buy it if that was true. It don't bother me at all GTA is GTA no matter what. thumbup.gif

i have a feeling your about 8-14 looking at your sig "best GTA PLAYER 1Mill GS" so its probably true all your friends who would also be 8-14 would be acting like "a scared little girl who just found out she had her vagina bleeding and did not understand why" when they heard the title was Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 13 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #9

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Sep 13 2009, 05:54 AM) *
GTA is a mature series and if your friends think the title is going to accurately describe the actual game... well, they sound like they're far too immature to be playing it. We never did find out what the 'damned' in Lost and Damned really stood for afaik.

Everyone was the damned in TLAD, Duff. There wasn't a single person who's life wasn't fucked up by the end of the game. That could be said for all the games, really.

Anyway, fuck your friends, they're assholes. Besides, they're only acting like that because they're ashamed closet cases.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Sep 13 2009, 05:07 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
ThomasH
post Sep 13 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #10

Vandal

Member No.: 39,727

"No, I think its great"

Really it is, I know a lot of people who said: "Oh My God, GAY TONY? Really? In the Title"
And I just can't describe the not-logical thinking.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTARuler
post Sep 13 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #11

Nobody Special
Group Icon

QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Sep 13 2009, 12:54 PM) *
QUOTE (GTARuler @ Sep 13 2009, 03:25 AM) *
Hey just wanted to get peoples opinion on this, because I had some friends think they were going to play as some gay guy and I guess that bothered them because they said they weren't going to buy it if that was true. It don't bother me at all GTA is GTA no matter what. thumbup.gif

i have a feeling your about 8-14 looking at your sig "best GTA PLAYER 1Mill GS" so its probably true all your friends who would also be 8-14 would be acting like "a scared little girl who just found out she had her vagina bleeding and did not understand why" when they heard the title was Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Iím sorry but your wrong, anyways if youíre going to do nothing but post some ridiculous bullshit and try to insult people just go somewhere they enjoy your retarded comments bird.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 14 2009, 02:23 AM
Post #12

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

normally when people have sigs saying "best _______ player" they are more then likely young kids, it also shows it more when your friends freak about anything having the word gay in it unless they are a homophobe.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Sep 14 2009, 04:45 AM
Post #13

Vandal

Member No.: 20,125

When I first heard the title, I was a little shocked because it's an unusal name for a game but with these recent trailers being pumped out it makes perfect sense.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Sep 14 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #14

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I don't really think its so much the words after GTA or Grand Theft Auto that matter tbh.

Could be GTA: Fuck your mom... would still buy it. Would probably buy it more. actually.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Sep 14 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #15

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

the name does seem a bit odd, but it doesnt matter what its called. most people will probably buy the "episodes from liberty city" pack. but the name isnt flashed on a case anyway for the whole of the shop to see, and it therefore doesnt make you look gay.

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 15 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #16

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I was a little disappointed that the main character wasn't a gay.

Buttsex minigames, ftw.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Sep 15 2009, 03:46 PM
Post #17

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Sep 15 2009, 09:28 AM) *
I was a little disappointed that the main character wasn't a gay.

Buttsex minigames, ftw.

We still have the male stripper mini game.

And btw TBoGT isn't to much. Even if you played as a gay guy I would have no problem with it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 15 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #18

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves gay people.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 15 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #19

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

R* has taken a pretty serious approach to this kind of stuff with GTAIV... if this was an expansion to san andreas, it would be over the top ridiculous, full of cheap shots and parody gay characters... instead with IV, we're getting a very serious storyline here involving a character who happens to be gay...

in san andreas the "gay" part of the title would of been the focal point... in IV, the "ballad" part is the focal point... this is the new GTA franchise, they said they are taking it into a more realistic realm and not making movie parodies and characters anymore... everything has a serious feel to it..

the florian missions would of been over the top in san andreas, probably having you chase down a rare yellow dildo or something... instead in IV, we learn more about the mayor scandal, the minds of gays, and the consequences/benefits of mixing both worlds...

it's much more deeper than just being "gay" with R* these days biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Sep 16 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #20

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

Well, actually, i don't think that R* would make fun of fags... to much negative PR.. eg HATE SPEAK. or whatever, same reason you didn't get a lot of black jokes in GTA-sanandreas.

Also, the main character isn't gay.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 08:38 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4