> Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, ...
ViceMan
post Dec 5 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #21

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

As someone who only bought and completed ACII about 2 weeks ago, then bought this one straight afterwards, I have to say it's a pretty good game. It seems a bit shorter than ACII, but if you view it as a follow up to it rather than a complete new game it puts it into perspective. There aren't many new features but there are at least some to give it some replayability. I'm not going to do a full review because I really can't be arsed.

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 6 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #22

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

God, I hate everyone on this site.

I just got this game on Friday and I haven't been able to put it down. It's very similar to ACII, but there are so many subtle improvements, it would be difficult to go back to playing ACII. The combat has been greatly revamped - everything is much smoother and fluid. I love the swordplay with the gun as a backup. The finishing moves have all been revamped, so counters and executions are always very entertaining. The crossbow is also crazy awesome for picking guards off from long ranges, silently.

I've just gotten to the part of the story where you start recruiting Assassin's to join your crew. It's pretty neat as you can pretty much select a target for your Jr. Assassin's to take out, either via assassination or a flurry of arrows from above. Apparently, you can send them to other cities to do shit for you too, but I haven't figured that out yet. I'd dare ask someone who's beaten the game to explain it, but they've all been fucking sods. Anyway, I am really enjoying the new features, as well as the classic elements of the game.

My only gripe has been that each tower or high place to climb to has become some kind of fucking puzzle. Yeah, it's cool to figure out new paths and shit, but I miss just being able to climb straight up a large building without having to check for randomly placed windows or cracks or bolts or any other fucking thing that are placed just so you have to go around a building multiple times as you ascend it. I suppose it would be too easy then, but it does still get a bit ridiculous. Not every building has to be as complex as the vaults and crypts. Christ.

Anyway, the story is pretty good - on par or better than AC2. It's a tad ridiculous, but it's funny how they make fun of the ridiculousness in the game conversations and shit.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Dec 6 2010, 06:40 PM
Post #23

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 6 2010, 03:42 PM) *
I'd dare ask someone who's beaten the game to explain it, but they've all been fucking sods. Anyway, I am really enjoying the new features, as well as the classic elements of the game.

You need to visit a pigeon coop marked by an Assassin logo on the map, from there you can send your recruits on missions around the globe and upgrade their armour/weapons. You need to make sure that when you send them on missions the percentage is near to 100% as possible to avoid the risk of them failing and being killed (never happened to me so I don't know what happens,) sometimes you might have to send two or three on one mission, but once they level up it gets easier.#

(Oh you can also use liberated Borgia towers to do the shit mentioned above too.)

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 6 2010, 03:42 PM) *
My only gripe has been that each tower or high place to climb to has become some kind of fucking puzzle. Yeah, it's cool to figure out new paths and shit, but I miss just being able to climb straight up a large building without having to check for randomly placed windows or cracks or bolts or any other fucking thing that are placed just so you have to go around a building multiple times as you ascend it. I suppose it would be too easy then, but it does still get a bit ridiculous. Not every building has to be as complex as the vaults and crypts. Christ.

Once you get the uber-climb glove back off of Mr. Da Vinci it'll make it a lot easier.

Have you played Leonardo's war machines levels yet? They were fucking fun. I won't spoil the surprise though.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Dec 6 2010, 08:04 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 6 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #24

Boss
Group Icon

I just got the mission from Leonardo - haven't been able to locate the "L" icon where the first weapon is. I got it towards the end of my playing last night.

Also, I chose the damn poison dart gun thinking I could buy all three items from Leonardo, I had enough money - but homeboy rolled out. I hope I'll get them pretty soon.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Dec 6 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #25

Pessimistic nihilistic.

I only discovered the fun of using the poison dart gun in Brotherhood, I had no idea it made them go apeshit in ACII. I didn't even know it fired darts, I just thought it was some poison tipped hidden blade. And I think you have to first kill some Borgia captains to get the maps that unlock the war machine missions, there are four of them in total.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: Dec 6 2010, 08:57 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 6 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #26

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Dec 6 2010, 03:56 PM) *
I only discovered the fun of using the poison dart gun in Brotherhood, I had no idea it made them go apeshit in ACII. I didn't even know it fired darts, I just thought it was some poison tipped hidden blade. And I think you have to first kill some Borgia captains to get the maps that unlock the war machine missions, there are four of them in total.

What about the jump glove and dual blades? When can I get those?
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Dec 6 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #27

Pessimistic nihilistic.

I think they just appear after a few missions, look out for the white L marker. The war machine missions are marked by black Ls so don't be confused by those. Most of the time the white L marker appeared in the very bottom right hand corner of the map for me.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 7 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #28

Boss
Group Icon

Yeah, I finally found him after completing the machine gun mission. That mission took me forever. I kept getting so close to the blueprints and then get detected at the last minute. I decided it would just be better to go through and kill everyone silently, which was much more fun. I'd take out all the guards who were conveniently looking the other way or standing way too close to a bale of hay - then take out the dicknoses on the roofs with the crossbow - then take out the groups of guards by poisoning one of them, then using the crossbow to pick off the guards investigating the maniac.

I'm really enjoying the added stealth features of this game. Assassin's Creed has always been great at allowing you to accomplish the mission/assassination in just about any way you can think of - but now with all the methods of assassination, there are infinite possibilities.

Last night, I did the machine gun mission - then I pretty much spent the rest of the night spamming money and Assassin contracts and building up my "Brotherhood". I'd send the recruits out on missions - then watch television or do stuff around the house (Christmas decorations are up). I'd come back every 10 or 12 minutes to start some new contracts and cash in the money accrued in the bank vault. I ended up passing out on the couch about midnight and woke up at 238AM with a maxed out bank vault and all my assassin's were levels 8-9. I'll probably spam the rest of them to MAX assassin's before moving forward.

I also knocked out a few of the thieves and prostitute side missions just to pass time - in between killing groups of guards for shits and giggles.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Dec 7 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #29

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Yes earning money isn't exactly difficult in the game, upgrade a few banks and blacksmiths and you're laughing. Just after starting the game I began pickpocketing people, but it was before the mission that unlocks the notoriety meter so I wasn't getting attention for it. Plus a few people gave 800-900f when I pickpocketed them, it seems there's a 1/50 chance when you pickpocket them it'll be a large amount.

Any idea where I can find some fucking aconite to finish the doctor shop quest? I've done all the assassin recruit missions that give items, looted all 144 chests in the city but nothing gives it, pain in the arse.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 7 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #30

Boss
Group Icon

I have Aconite, wasn't sure how I got it; but apparently:

How to Find Aconite in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Find AC Brotherhood Aconite Tip 1:
You can only find it from Borgia Couriers, so have fun tracking them down. Borgia Couriers do spawn at the end. They aren't as common as in AC2, but they still exist. I really can't believe you haven't found any. I see one approximately every half hour or so.

Find AC Brotherhood Aconite Tip 2:
After a certain point in the game, Borgia Courier's become very rare to non-existent. After spending hours Romeing *pun intended* in Sequence 8 to no avail, I found a perfect spot to make Courier farming easy. In Sequence 4, memory 6, Titled Serial Offender. You'll want to replay this already completed memory. You'll start near the girl crying over the dead girl. Ignore them. You'll want to climb directly over them onto the roofs.. jump over to the roof towards the left overlooking the street and drop down to street level and turn right. If you haven't already spotted him, just run through this street and you will. I reloaded and got him 5 x in a row until I finally received my Aconite.

Find AC Brotherhood Aconite Tip 3:
There's 2 types, the borgia messenger is the dude in the red suit/cape. He has an arrow over his head (white) but does not show up on your minimap. Carries high quality items and around 1500 cash with him. Pickpockets show up on your minimap as a red icon with a exclamation mark in it. They carry around 500 cash and an item.I see the pickpockets about every half hour, but never a courier. I figure that I just ignored them early in the game, and now they dont spawn anymore.

http://www.pubarticles.com/article-how-to-...1290320820.html
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Dec 7 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #31

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 7 2010, 07:46 PM) *
I have Aconite, wasn't sure how I got it; but apparently:

How to Find Aconite in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Find AC Brotherhood Aconite Tip 1:
You can only find it from Borgia Couriers, so have fun tracking them down. Borgia Couriers do spawn at the end. They aren't as common as in AC2, but they still exist. I really can't believe you haven't found any. I see one approximately every half hour or so.

Find AC Brotherhood Aconite Tip 2:
After a certain point in the game, Borgia Courier's become very rare to non-existent. After spending hours Romeing *pun intended* in Sequence 8 to no avail, I found a perfect spot to make Courier farming easy. In Sequence 4, memory 6, Titled Serial Offender. You'll want to replay this already completed memory. You'll start near the girl crying over the dead girl. Ignore them. You'll want to climb directly over them onto the roofs.. jump over to the roof towards the left overlooking the street and drop down to street level and turn right. If you haven't already spotted him, just run through this street and you will. I reloaded and got him 5 x in a row until I finally received my Aconite.

Find AC Brotherhood Aconite Tip 3:
There's 2 types, the borgia messenger is the dude in the red suit/cape. He has an arrow over his head (white) but does not show up on your minimap. Carries high quality items and around 1500 cash with him. Pickpockets show up on your minimap as a red icon with a exclamation mark in it. They carry around 500 cash and an item.I see the pickpockets about every half hour, but never a courier. I figure that I just ignored them early in the game, and now they dont spawn anymore.

http://www.pubarticles.com/article-how-to-...1290320820.html

I've killed a lot of messengers/thieves and never had aconite appear, I get a lot of Indian diamonds and papavar silvaticum though. Guess i'll just have to keep trying. Also you get gangs of robbers attacking you randomly when roaming the city, they usually drop rare items.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 19 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #32

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

finished memory block 2 yesterday... the game seems fun but, i am so glad i didn't buy it... it really does feel like an expansion pack... the only cool thing i've seen added to the game thus far is the ability to land killing blows one right after another in the heat of a battle, eliminating the oppositions numbers dramatically fast...

i just unlocked notoriety and it looks like i am heading off to recruit the prostitutes and thieves again... but this game is not a leap forward from ACII, it's just more of the same... however, there are a lot more bugs than ACII already... the audio has disappeared a few times already, the game froze up a couple times (just 30 second freezes, nothing to shut the sytem down over), and my god, why are there horses in the city?!? just about every turn there's a confused horse getting stuck trying to walk through a wall or constantly turning around because a path isn't open... it's fucking annoying!! and ezio just isn't moving a smooth as he did in ACII, he gets caught up on a lot of stuff...

the only thing so far that's been done better than ACII in brotherhood is the music... holy hell, the soundtrack in the first dungeon, where you get a romulus key was so badass that i kept finding myself humming along laugh.gif... the music everywhere thus far has an awesome spooky overtone...

and i like the desmond portions so far... he's close to unlocking his assassin skills and it's pretty cool that i've actually spent some time in his shoes instead of ezio the whole time... i can't wait to play a modern day assassin in desmond's shoes biggrin.gif...

that's all i got so far...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jan 19 2011, 03:57 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jan 19 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #33

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Wait until you get to the Romulus Lair in the crypt, it's amazing.

Also, losing notoriety seems like kind of a bitch compared to how easy it was to find posters in ACII. I suppose that would be an improvement, for some.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 19 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #34

i didn't even get into any of the notoriety stuff yet... basically, as soon as i traveled thru the underground tunnel and finished memory 2, i turned off the game... and i am currently listening to the soundtrack, found a website that i could download it from... also found the new vegas radio songs there as well... downloading those as we speak biggrin.gif...

it was cool to stand in the middle of the collosseum too, i did a pan-around pretending to hear the roar of the crowd... which makes me wonder, why hasn't there been a good gladiator game?? i could totally get into it if the fighting was any good... they did do a game similar to that but, it turned out to be shitty form what i read... i am talking more like the movie gladiator, instead of one on one battles... extravagant battle recreations, 2 vs. 10, man vs. animal, etc... climb the ranks and become a mortal god... but, that's for another topic...

the AC:B soundtrack reminds me of god of war at times...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jan 19 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #35

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Have you seen the Spartacus TV show? That needs a well-done fighting game, with free-roaming around the villa, so you can browse the marketplace for armor and other upgrades, and you can pick up assassination contracts and extortion missions from your owners. Also, Roman whores.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 19 2011, 08:06 PM
Post #36

i saw half the first season... it was pretty good but, now i don't have TV anymore so i doubt i'll watch the 2nd season... i am not sure about the market though, i would think that after you fought well for a while that they might let you out of the slave barracks from time to time but, most gladiators were slaves until they earned their freedom...

one day it will happen, they will make the game... if i win the lottery i am starting a gaming company because i've got about 50 ideas for video games... not just original ideas but also ways to make ideas like a gladiator game work and feel alive... immersion would be my focal point, i want people to feel like they are a part of this world... it's what R* does so well...

question: are there tailors in AC:B? i really think the white assassin garb stands out in a crowd and defeats the purpose of it's intentions... it'd be cool to see your fellow brotherhood wear the same colors too if you changed them... i actually can't wait to start recruiting a brotherhood, i am very curious as to how that works...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jan 19 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #37

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I think almost all of the tailors are shut down at that point. You have to pay to renovate them, then they're open. Wait until you get to the Tiber Island hideout, and start by opening the shops on the island, because they have little collection quests later on. You need to eventually open up one tailor in each district (well, eventually you need to open everything in the game, but...), because they all have different dyes.

Just a heads up, the dyes in the picture will be colored slightly differently in the pictures than they are in-game. For example, the Onyx dye is dark blue, so if you want black, wait for Wetlands Ebony (I forget the name of the district it's in).

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 19 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #38

i liked the crimson red with a splash of yellow... yea, i saw a bunch of shops closed down and knew i was going to have to invest in them... but i wasn't sure if there were dyes since every picture i've seen of brotherhood is your crew all wearing the altair white... i noticed that i could also renovate landmarks too... i guess this game is giving you lots of opportunity to spend your money instead of throwing it away to the beggars...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jan 19 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #39

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I'm not even to the brotherhood part yet (I stopped right after recruiting my first two), but I believe you can dye your assassins' clothes in a menu somewhere.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 19 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #40

Boss
Group Icon

You can dye your recruits clothing, but once they become Assassins; they wear full white garb.
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 04:25 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4