Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Controller Issue
SirPerry
post Jun 28 2010, 02:14 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 58,583

I bought GTA III/Vice City/San Andreas (all in one) installed them and played SA a bit. I have an Xbox 360 controller for windows which is fine for most other games but I am unable to use both joy sticks and neither of the 2 triggers (LT and RT). Had SA for PS2 and the controller layout was real nice, are there any controllers that work the way the PS2's did? Mouse and keyboard is way too weak and not enjoyable at all.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Weasel
post Jun 28 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #2

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,529

GamePad/"Joystick" is recommended for the GTA:SA.
Reading the Forums there are many problems getting the Console Controllers to work. There are ways to do it.
BUT I have found that Generic USB (12 button minimum) GamePads work best.
I use a Logitech DUal Action GamePad, which worked straight from the box without any special Drivers. It is easy to configure to special needs if you want via the Game's Options.
I have also used Seitek gamepads, also without problems.

There is also a program
SAAC
which allows you to use a console controller by programming each button.

This post has been edited by Weasel: Jun 28 2010, 06:04 AM

--------------------
************* Game Hints *************
Don't go Mission to Mission. Spend time just looking around, behind walls/bushes, on roofs, under bridges. Explore the Car park buildings and anyother building you can enter...
Do the Gang Tags, Photo's, Horseshes as soon as you can.
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post
lllLSDlll
post Jul 7 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,621

i just past hours searching for solution. am realy getting desperate.

so i find something call advance controler setting 1.2 but it doesnt work i guess its like most program like this... it does'nt like windows 7

so i tougth, hey lest just remap the keyboard key to my gamepad using this very great program http://www.deinmeister.de/jct_e.htm but ohsnap! this program doesnt support gamepad whit analog trigger only normal dual analog...

i tought of looking for another similar program but all i could find is program you have to pay for it and knowing my luck whit shity program that doesnt work most the time, i dont want to waste money. unless someone can suggest me a program that work am lost and i cant play. dont even think about it i wont learn to play it whit mouse and keyboard.

afther reading countless forum, i saw many people saying the logitec dual shock work just great for this game and you can configure the gamepad anyway you like... funny i play this game many time whit exactly that gamepad, the logitec dual shock and i can tell it work just fine, so afther i gave it to my friend and he broke it i decided to get a new one and might as well buy something better and it is... for every other games that is!

so i got all the usual symptome, cant configure the right analog stick and both analog triggers.

plz help notworthy.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
lllLSDlll
post Jul 8 2010, 02:50 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

i find something that i think its going to work.

Xpadder

for last version and support it cost 10$ but i find it free on google, its the old version 5.3 so ill give it a try and if it work ill pay for the last version.

i let you know latter if it realy can set gta control or not
Achievements

+Quote Post
John Tomas
post Aug 28 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 58,970

i have a question on this controller issue, i am playing GTA:SA on the PC win7, and i hav a Saitek P2500 rumble force gamepad, however i am not gettin it to work, can some1 please guide me in this!!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Weasel
post Aug 28 2010, 07:27 PM
Post #6

Snitch

Member No.: 24,529

Pleae, be more specific. Do you actually mean it does not do anything, or did you mean some functions don't work?
When I used one it worked straight from the box without installing any drivers on XP and Vista Home Premiem.

Is your game clean (Un-modded, not SA-MP either)?
Are you playing with the Original DVD in the Drive?
Or Are you using a ‘backup’ or copy of the DVD?
Or Are you using a NO-CD program/crack?
Or Are you using a Downloaded Game, from other than Direct2Drive or SteamPower.com, if so from Where?
Did you Change the Games Options from Keyboard and Mouse to Joystick?
Are you using special drivers for the GamePad?
Do you have other USB devices plugged in, especiall input devices?
Have you tried plugging it into the other USB ports? And then restarting the game (Changing while game is playing won't work.)

This post has been edited by Weasel: Aug 28 2010, 07:31 PM

--------------------
************* Game Hints *************
Don't go Mission to Mission. Spend time just looking around, behind walls/bushes, on roofs, under bridges. Explore the Car park buildings and anyother building you can enter...
Do the Gang Tags, Photo's, Horseshes as soon as you can.
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post
lllLSDlll
post Sep 20 2010, 05:40 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE (SirPerry @ Jun 27 2010, 10:14 PM) *
I bought GTA III/Vice City/San Andreas (all in one) installed them and played SA a bit. I have an Xbox 360 controller for windows which is fine for most other games but I am unable to use both joy sticks and neither of the 2 triggers (LT and RT). Had SA for PS2 and the controller layout was real nice, are there any controllers that work the way the PS2's did? Mouse and keyboard is way too weak and not enjoyable at all.

like weasel say the best controler for san andreas is the logitech dual. i also have a xbox 360 gamepad for windows and it just doesnt work. the reason is the game can only support gamepad whit 4 axis and sinse trigger are considered as axis that make 6 axis so its no good, so any gamepad whit 2 analog and no trigger should work. the logitech dual, the basic model is just 25$ so its wort it, its take a good 80 hours to reach 100% in gta sa, a good investment.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:52 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4