IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First thing to do if you are having problems!
kagero
post Jun 25 2005, 03:18 AM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,239

I am having the same problem, but most of you guys seem to have ATI cards. I have attempted to play it on a nvidia fx2700 and fx6600xt ultra and it still reboots my system. so its not just a ATI problem. this is however on my xp2600 system. both cards work fine with it on xp64 3200 system. strange...
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChainsawBunny
post Jun 25 2005, 02:23 PM
Post #22

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 16,315

QUOTE(kagero @ Jun 25 2005, 05:18 AM)
I am having the same problem, but most of you guys seem to have ATI cards. I have attempted to play it on a nvidia fx2700 and fx6600xt ultra and it still reboots my system. so its not just a ATI problem. this is however on my xp2600 system. both cards work fine with it on xp64 3200 system. strange...
[right][snapback]701811[/snapback][/right]

Cant play this game.

p4 3.0gig / 1024mb ram / Nvidia gt6800 ... all latest drivers.

Keeps restarting my computer.

All other games work Farcry, Half Life 2, Battlefield 2.

Achievements

+Quote Post
majormacca
post Jul 3 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,067

Got mine working ok today (well it hasn't crashed since I updated)

Biostar M7NCD m'board
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
1GB RAM
Nvidia Nforce2 chipset
Nvidia GeForce MX440 (I think) 128MB

Was getting spontaneous reboots while playing, so turned off the auto-reboot function to be left with the BSOD.

The error was 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
for the file nvmcp.sys.

Apparently this is the onboard audio chip driver, and the way to get a more compatible driver for the Nforce2 chipset is to download the separate "Audio Driver Package" from the nvidia downloads website. Unzip to a folder then manually update the driver using Windows XP device manager. In my case I had to update the NVIDIA nForce Audio Codec Interface under the Sound, video and game controllers section in device manager. Right click it, "update drivers" option and point to the folder you unzipped to earlier.

As I said, it's worked for me so far so hopefully it'll work for others too.......

Best of luck.
Achievements

+Quote Post
elcaro
post Jul 4 2005, 05:35 AM
Post #24

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,798

QUOTE(majormacca @ Jul 4 2005, 03:24 AM)
Got mine working ok today (well it hasn't crashed since I updated)

Biostar M7NCD m'board
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
1GB RAM
Nvidia Nforce2 chipset
Nvidia GeForce MX440 (I think) 128MB

Was getting spontaneous reboots while playing, so turned off the auto-reboot function to be left with the BSOD.

The error was 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
for the file nvmcp.sys.

Apparently this is the onboard audio chip driver, and the way to get a more compatible driver for the Nforce2 chipset is to download the separate "Audio Driver Package" from the nvidia downloads website.  Unzip to a folder then manually update the driver using Windows XP device manager.  In my case I had to update the NVIDIA nForce Audio Codec Interface under the Sound, video and game controllers section in device manager.  Right click it, "update drivers" option and point to the folder you unzipped to earlier.

As I said, it's worked for me so far so hopefully it'll work for others too.......

Best of luck.
[right][snapback]723907[/snapback][/right]

Hey Mr. majormacca,

Thanks a million for this tip. works like a charm!!!!

I too have the same MoBo and GFX card and used to get the BSOD, but after i updated manually with the latest audio drivers, the game doesn,t crash anymore.

Thanks again.

--Elcaro
Achievements

+Quote Post
saxon64
post Jul 13 2005, 10:52 AM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,055

GTA for PC is the biggest crap of software I have ever seen. Probably a good game, but it crashes regularly after 3-4 minutes of gameplay. I cannot believe that I can run a bunch of fresh game titles without a glitch, all of them but not GTA. I see that a lot of people experienced exactly the same kind of problem, so I won't bother you with my configuration.

The truth is simple: GTA4PC sucks. They tested it on a single PC for about half an hour, max. And if I have to demolish my perfectly sane computer and to replace every driver in it just to play GTA, I'll rather send GTA down the drain.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ghen
post Jul 13 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,863

saxon, thats a rant. it should be in the rant forum.. not on a technical support sticky for goodness sake.
Achievements

+Quote Post
fadi_alhawajrah
post Jul 17 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #27

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,608

is there an update patch for gta san andreas?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Axonis
post Jul 19 2005, 07:31 AM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,031

Not as yet, but rockstar should be getting around to one.

This post has been edited by Axonis: Jul 19 2005, 07:32 AM

--------------------
When it gets to your turn, they change the rules.

*Editing New Sig*

Sig too big, read the rules~Freakin-Barracuda
Achievements

+Quote Post
allied_32
post Jul 20 2005, 02:34 PM
Post #29

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 20,016

I just bought myself an ATI 9800 pro, took out my FX5200 (which ran SA perfectly- had about two -three crashes altogether) and tried playing SA. The DVD spins about but it doesn't get past auto play....it just dies. I tried reinstalling and had the same problem.

I'm on a XP3000 with 512MB Ram. Any help?!
Achievements

+Quote Post
kirisute
post Jul 21 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #30

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,200

QUOTE(allied_32 @ Jul 20 2005, 04:34 PM)
I just bought myself an ATI 9800 pro, took out my FX5200 (which ran SA perfectly- had about two -three crashes altogether) and tried playing SA. The DVD spins about but it doesn't get past auto play....it just dies. I tried reinstalling and had the same problem.

I'm on a XP3000 with 512MB Ram. Any help?!
[right][snapback]761099[/snapback][/right]

youve swapped from an nvidia chipset to an ati one.....and the possibility that there are still some old drivers floating about the place is the likely culprit here...
head over to the nvidia site and download there driver removal tool...to sweep your pc of ALL entries for the old driver....
Remove your 9800 drivers completely and let windows redetect the hardware....install the drivers that came with card FIRST!! RESTART your pc...
then download and install the latest ATI drivers! I run a 9800 pro and the latest drivers and i know they work fine.....however every system is different....

also...
the ATI9800 pro will be drinking power juice from your PSU at twice the rate of your old fx5200!! if the solution above does not work then i would reccomend checking your power supply out...if its 300 watts or less then you will need to upgrade that to even start making the most of your new video card!
Achievements

+Quote Post
card'nal
post Jul 23 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #31

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 20,393

Having the same problem as the first poster. Runs for a quarter of an hour (after five or more VPU recoveries) then kills XP completely. I have A Nforce2/Radeon setup. The only difference is I have a SBlive, I'm not using the onboard sound.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ram0s
post Jul 24 2005, 05:13 AM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 20,491

QUOTE(card'nal @ Jul 23 2005, 08:39 AM)
Having the same problem as the first poster. Runs for a quarter of an hour (after five or more VPU recoveries) then kills XP completely. I have A Nforce2/Radeon setup. The only difference is I have a SBlive, I'm not using the onboard sound.
[right][snapback]767032[/snapback][/right]

Same thing for me. I use Sound Blaster Live, and the most updated frivers i can find I already have sad.gif

I tried running the game in win98 compatibility mode and putting directsound acceleration to Basic, and it still crashes. But for me it doesnt display a BSOD. It just freezes the game, the music continues to play for a while until the track is over, then puff... I have to reset the PC.

I would really like to play this game flawlessly . Never had a problem with vice city or gta3. rolleyes.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
tommy verceti
post Jul 26 2005, 05:30 AM
Post #33

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 20,762

hi. i installed GTA in XP but it load to slow but completely. i ran it in win98 it load fast but sound of sfx (such as car sounds nad people sounds did not work) although radio work.what can i do?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kurgen
post Jul 26 2005, 06:38 AM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,190

Sounds like your system is barely capable of running the game... or you haven't installed some critical system drivers in XP. What are your system's specs?

CPU?
RAM?
Video card?
Sound card?
Motherboard type / model?

K.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Thomas127
post Jul 28 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #35

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 21,088

QUOTE(fadi_alhawajrah @ Jul 17 2005, 05:37 PM)
is there an update patch for gta san andreas?
[right][snapback]753418[/snapback][/right]

I hope there soon will be i have a
3.4ghz pentium 4 1mb L2
2048 kingston ram
gf6600 256mb graphics

and i reboots when i try to go into my house to save the game. it crashes after ive played for 15min when i try to go into house
Achievements

+Quote Post
Madball
post Aug 3 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 21,796

I had issues with my game just crashing after 5-20 minutes. One thing fixed it for me. That was updating my audio drivers. That did the work. Shoud for you guys too.
Achievements

+Quote Post
XDrako
post Aug 11 2005, 05:47 AM
Post #37

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 22,242

Hey guys, about the problem with it crashing. Problems all relate to: SERVICE PACK 2!!!!!!, DONT FUCKING TOUCH IT, IT WILL FUCK YOUR COMP UP SO BAD.
Achievements

+Quote Post
G-unit-soldier
post Aug 11 2005, 11:23 AM
Post #38

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 22,521

I'v gotta prob...I hear nothing if the telephoon rings and if ryder talks I don't hear a shit.
Can sombody help me

(christian_van_stiphout@msn.com)mail me!
thx...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  222_g_20unit.jpg ( 12.36K ) Number of downloads: 10

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ben E Gas
post Aug 11 2005, 05:03 PM
Post #39

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 22,182

QUOTE(saxon64 @ Jul 13 2005, 08:12 AM)
GTA for PC is the biggest crap of software I have ever seen. Probably a good game, but it crashes regularly after 3-4 minutes of gameplay. I cannot believe that I can run a bunch of fresh game titles without a glitch, all of them but not GTA. I see that a lot of people experienced exactly the same kind of problem, so I won't bother you with my configuration.

The truth is simple: GTA4PC sucks. They tested it on a single PC for about half an hour, max. And if I have to demolish my perfectly sane computer and to replace every driver in it just to play GTA, I'll rather send GTA down the drain.
[right][snapback]744431[/snapback][/right]

Hello,

Have you tried the easy fix in this thread:
http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/forums/index...82&#entry806882

Worked for me and it was easy enough for an idiot like me to figure out. I've been cruisin' in the GTA world for days now without crashing. Hope this helps.
Achievements

+Quote Post
warischalk
post Aug 14 2005, 05:43 AM
Post #40

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 22,567

Anyone using an nf3 mobo install the nf4 audio drivers v6.31. I was having all kinds of crashes until i did this. I've played 10 hours (up to 3 hours at a time) without a single crash.
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:48 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4