IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't quite understand how Duels work., (help)
coreyko_2003
post Jun 9 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #21

iHate

Group: Members
Member No.: 368

QUOTE (-Toge- @ Jun 9 2010, 04:29 PM) *
Duels are ridiculously easy to win, how are some of you strugling?

Not figuring out when/how to fire

--------------------
You, Corey, live in the Matrix.
Its funny.........but its sad, cuz its true...
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 10 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #22

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

Well you either wait until it says "DRAW" which is when your opponent does, or you can do it before that as the camera zooms in behind you, the longer you leave it the bigger the target you'll have to aim at.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post Jun 10 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #23

iHate

^ Yeah, well after you paint the targets (which sometimes THAT is what i dont get as well) what button do you use to fire?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 10 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #24

Pessimistic nihilistic.

You don't, you just fill the meter and when the time expires whoever's meter is filled the most wins.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jun 11 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #25

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

Just move the cursor over their gun or their head and keep mashing the paint target button and you'll win nearly every time.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 11 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #26

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

Easiest way to win is put a mark on their arm. Your meter will fill up all the way and the aiming still stop once you do and you will disarm them before they get a shot off. They don't die and you get a lot of honour for doing it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 11 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #27

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 11 2010, 05:01 PM) *
Easiest way to win is put a mark on their arm. Your meter will fill up all the way and the aiming still stop once you do and you will disarm them before they get a shot off. They don't die and you get a lot of honour for doing it.

I'm not about honour, they challenged me to a duel, they knew the risks, they die.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Chicago51
post Jun 14 2010, 07:09 AM
Post #28

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,405
XBL Gamertag: Chicaga51
PSN Name: Chicago51

Ya don't even get honor anymore. Ya get +100 fame now. They must have adjusted it in the update.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 14 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #29

Pessimistic nihilistic.

I thought all duel wins gave you fame, you only got the honour for disarming them and keeping them alive.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 14 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #30

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

if your playing the game as a good guy, you get positive honor for killing someone in a duel because, the character you shot is usually a criminal anyways... killing one as an evil guy give you nothing i believe...

don't quote me on that but, it sounds logical to me...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Chicago51
post Jun 15 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #31

Nobody Special

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 14 2010, 06:22 PM) *
I thought all duel wins gave you fame, you only got the honour for disarming them and keeping them alive.

Yeah that's the way it did work. But I tried it since the update while not wearing a bandana disarmed him and only got the fame bonus. Now that was for cheating at poker. I still have to try it in the street challenge duels.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 15 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #32

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Chicago51 @ Jun 15 2010, 06:37 AM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 14 2010, 06:22 PM) *

Yeah that's the way it did work. But I tried it since the update while not wearing a bandana disarmed him and only got the fame bonus. Now that was for cheating at poker. I still have to try it in the street challenge duels.

No. Cheating at poker duels don't change honour. I tried that.

And I found this before my honour stopped going up altogether.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post Jun 15 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #33

iHate

I think I FINALLY got the idea on how to do duels........after doing the mission Lucky in Love or w/e its called sleep.gif

EDIT

I take that back.........I THOUGHT I knew.....but now after a couple duels, I still suck at it....therefore.....I turn down duels and then fight the guy....get him out of town and THEN shoot him =D.......Sure, it takes away from some honour but w/e....at least I kill him.

This post has been edited by KoreyKo: Jun 16 2010, 02:55 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Chicago51
post Jun 16 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #34

Nobody Special

Tried again last night. I got +10 honor for 1 disarm and +20 for another.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jun 16 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #35

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 11 2010, 05:37 AM) *
Just move the cursor over their gun or their head nutsack and keep mashing the paint target button and you'll win nearly every time.

Fixed.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Jun 16 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #36

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Draw the gun straight away and fire as late as you can at the head with as few bullets, don't mash the shoot key!

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Chicago51
post Jun 18 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #37

Nobody Special

QUOTE (Indy @ Jun 17 2010, 12:35 AM) *
Draw the gun straight away and fire as late as you can at the head with as few bullets, don't mash the shoot key!

It's not always best to draw right away. The longer you leave it before you draw the closer it will zoom into your target and make them easier to aim.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 18 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #38

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (Chicago51 @ Jun 18 2010, 01:31 PM) *
QUOTE (Indy @ Jun 17 2010, 12:35 AM) *

It's not always best to draw right away. The longer you leave it before you draw the closer it will zoom into your target and make them easier to aim.

Yeah but a lot of people don't even know you can draw before the message appears. Earlier in the game I always waited for the draw sign myself, but I knew you could do so before then, it's just that I was playing my "good guy with lightning fast reflexes who can outdraw anyone" game. Now sometimes I don't wait.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Jun 20 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #39

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Okay, i've figured out duels completely.

The earlier you draw the farther out zoomed you are. I personally recommend drawing when they say, so then you can place your shots more accurately. You'll see why below.
As you go to aim you will notice that the cursor almost flashes. What the cursor is actually doing is zooming in over and over again. The aim is to press the shoot button when the cursor is at its smallest, the smaller the cursor when you shoot, the greater your bar fills up. Place your shots anywhere, it is irrelevant, unless you're trying to disarm. You will probably have to move the cursor to different parts of the body because it becomes difficult to see it zoom in and out. Therefore, the later you draw, the easier it is to hit the target whilst moving the cursor to more visible areas.
There is a time limit on the duel, the person with the largest bar after the time limit wins.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 20 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #40

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (Indy @ Jun 20 2010, 01:48 PM) *
Okay, i've figured out duels completely.

The earlier you draw the farther out zoomed you are. I personally recommend drawing when they say, so then you can place your shots more accurately. You'll see why below.
As you go to aim you will notice that the cursor almost flashes. What the cursor is actually doing is zooming in over and over again. The aim is to press the shoot button when the cursor is at its smallest, the smaller the cursor when you shoot, the greater your bar fills up. Place your shots anywhere, it is irrelevant, unless you're trying to disarm. You will probably have to move the cursor to different parts of the body because it becomes difficult to see it zoom in and out. Therefore, the later you draw, the easier it is to hit the target whilst moving the cursor to more visible areas.
There is a time limit on the duel, the person with the largest bar after the time limit wins.

Well yeah, I thought that ws obvious.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:45 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4