> The Critters of the West, animals
ViceMan
post May 27 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #41

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

So where are ducks found then? And can anyone confirm if jaguars are found aside from the one in the hunter challenge. (Not really a spoiler but fuck it.)

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post May 27 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #42

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

apparently you can set bait to attract him.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 27 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #43

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 27 2010, 10:02 PM) *

apparently you can set bait to attract him.

I know, i've done the challenge, done all of them, I just wondered if they spawned normally aside from him. And I didn't have to use bait, just waited for a minute or so and he appeared.

And that image is taken from MP, where one of the challenges is to hunt him in Tanner's Reach.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 27 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #44

Goon
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Tanner's Ranch is nuts... can't stay alive there for three minutes. At least in MP.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post May 28 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #45

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,947

QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 27 2010, 10:01 PM) *
So where are ducks found then?

Ducks are found all along the San Luis River (the river that separates the map). I was on the river bank just north of Chuparosa and heard a "quack". Looked up and there was a whole flock.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 28 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #46

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Is there a normal location where songbirds spawn, or it it random like the other birds? The songbird, bats, and bighorn sheep are the only things I have left to kill.

Also, eagle hunting is fun.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post May 28 2010, 06:30 AM
Post #47

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,947

QUOTE (Massacre @ May 28 2010, 01:55 AM) *
Is there a normal location where songbirds spawn, or it it random like the other birds? The songbird, bats, and bighorn sheep are the only things I have left to kill.

Also, eagle hunting is fun.

Songbirds are found all over the map. They are blue so I suggest hunting during the day so they are easier to spot. Also there are no bats.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 28 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #48

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

songbirds are random and rare... just keep your eyes to the sky... i tend to come across them chilling on the ground... i only notice that they are songbird after they get up and fly away...

also, lake don julio is the best place to hunt ducks... i had no such luck hunting on the river...

and i got the trophy last night for killing one of every species... the hardest one to find was the fox... i kept thinking they were coyotes during my journey through the game... they're small, quiet and run away at any hint of a human presence... they're a little tricky to spot...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 28 2010, 04:14 PM
Post #49

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Yeah, I randomly killed one below the cliff where the Gordo boar is. Maybe that's a good spot to look?

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 28 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #50

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 28 2010, 04:33 PM) *
songbirds are random and rare... just keep your eyes to the sky... i tend to come across them chilling on the ground... i only notice that they are songbird after they get up and fly away...

I wouldn't say songbirds are rare, owls are harder to find as you only see them at night or dawn, usually sitting on the ground, and they don't move unless you disturb them. And songbirds can be a variety of colours, i've seen yellow ones, but blue does seem more common.

So i'm off to fuck a duck then, which will hopefully be the last animal to hunt.

And foxes are common throughout Mexico and also in Tall Trees I believe, don't get them confused with the bobcat though.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: May 28 2010, 05:03 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 28 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #51

QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 28 2010, 12:58 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 28 2010, 04:33 PM) *

I wouldn't say songbirds are rare, owls are harder to find as you only see them at night or dawn, usually sitting on the ground, and they don't move unless you disturb them. And songbirds can be a variety of colours, i've seen yellow ones, but blue does seem more common.

So i'm off to fuck a duck then, which will hopefully be the last animal to hunt.

And foxes are common throughout Mexico and also in Tall Trees I believe, don't get them confused with the bobcat though.

foxes are common but, hard to spot as they resemble a few different animals like the coyote, the raccoon, a dog, etc... and they seem to be the animal that is scared of humans the most... they stay away for the most part i noticed... at least, i had a hard time hunting a fox biggrin.gif...

well, since owls come out at night, you have somewhere to start... songbirds are out in the daytime and their location is random... you might not even spot one for quite some time... at least with an owl, you hear their call... i have no clue what sound a songbird makes...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 28 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #52

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 28 2010, 06:13 PM) *
well, since owls come out at night, you have somewhere to start... songbirds are out in the daytime and their location is random... you might not even spot one for quite some time... at least with an owl, you hear their call... i have no clue what sound a songbird makes...

They usually fly very high in the sky and so are hard to shoot down unless you use deadeye. They have the usual chirpy-chirpy tweety-tweety call. And they're found throughout most of the land.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 28 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #53

chirp-chirp... lol i'm an idiot, of course that's the sound they make laugh.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 28 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #54

Pessimistic nihilistic.

I just shot down about a dozen and there were still more in the sky, I was in Great Plains, near the Pacific Union R.R. Camp.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 30 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #55

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (aussie_b8ler @ May 28 2010, 01:30 AM) *
Also there are no bats.

Okay, then fuck everyone who was talking about bats and made me think they were in the game. Not that I remembered to look for them, anyway.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 28 2010, 10:33 AM) *
also, lake don julio is the best place to hunt ducks... i had no such luck hunting on the river...

Thanks, off to do some duck hunting.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 30 2010, 02:36 PM
Post #56

wow, out of all the hunting challenges, killing two cougars with a knife took the longest... it was like they stopped spawning when that challenge opened up because, i spent hours roaming the wilderness trying to find them... and a few of those times, i was killed almost immediately and couldn't get the kill...

here is some advice for those who try to tackle this challenge... when you have your encounter, circle him... just keep trying to run behind him... eventually you will and that's when you strike...

i don't know if the kill a bear with a knife challenge is harder because, as soon as this one unlocked, i saw a person being chased by a bear... so, i was able to chase it without it turning around and trying to kill me... and it took a good 10 or so swipes with the knife... so, its possible that this one might be harder but, it wasn't for me... it was funny after i did kill the bear because, i turn around and three bears were chasing me, probably for a mile laugh.gif...

and while the legendary animal encounters were cool, they weren't hard at all... the last two hunting challenges are a piece of cake...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: May 30 2010, 02:38 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 30 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #57

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 30 2010, 03:36 PM) *
wow, out of all the hunting challenges, killing two cougars with a knife took the longest... it was like they stopped spawning when that challenge opened up because, i spent hours roaming the wilderness trying to find them... and a few of those times, i was killed almost immediately and couldn't get the kill...

here is some advice for those who try to tackle this challenge... when you have your encounter, circle him... just keep trying to run behind him... eventually you will and that's when you strike...

i don't know if the kill a bear with a knife challenge is harder because, as soon as this one unlocked, i saw a person being chased by a bear... so, i was able to chase it without it turning around and trying to kill me... and it took a good 10 or so swipes with the knife... so, its possible that this one might be harder but, it wasn't for me... it was funny after i did kill the bear because, i turn around and three bears were chasing me, probably for a mile laugh.gif...

and while the legendary animal encounters were cool, they weren't hard at all... the last two hunting challenges are a piece of cake...

So you didn't heed my advice in the other topic at all? Oh well, fuck ya. tongue.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 30 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #58

QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 30 2010, 12:42 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 30 2010, 03:36 PM) *

So you didn't heed my advice in the other topic at all? Oh well, fuck ya. tongue.gif

umm, no i didn't use that advice as i was afraid of accidentally killing it biggrin.gif... but, that sounds like GREAT advice for the bears because, you can get a cougar in a couple swipes with the knife but, a bear takes a lot more than that...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 1 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #59

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I got attacked by cougars wand wolves at the exact same time. You know how they dont kill you in one shot allowing yourself time to hear or use medicine. Well it was like the cougar was a part of the wolf pack. He was right in the middle of it. A wolf bit me then a cougar slashed me. DEAD. Couldnt even bring up my kit to use medicine. Fucking bullshit.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 1 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #60

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I tackled 5 bears ( in some cases, two at the same time) in tall trees with a knife no problem. It only took like 3 swipes for each... I thought they'd be harder than that.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:40 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4