Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fender Ketchup does not start..., Problem with gameplay
Klyack
post Jul 20 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,017

1st - I have no hardware issues on my PC.
2nd I'm using mods, like draw 10 etc...
A weird problem - intro for Fender Ketchup starts, showing a mobster tied to a car, CJ jumps to a car, accelerates - car started moving and stuck in the left part of the screeen. Like if way out of garage was blocked or so... So mission Fender Ketchup never starts, becourse this f...g intro never ends - car keeps accelerating (wheels are rotating) but not going out. Game is not hang by itself - you can reload etc.. I tried to reinstall a clean version (without mods) and complete some other missions before try again - everything is OK, but Fender Ketchup intro just keeps blocked.
Questions are:
1) Is there any way to pass intros? Some mod or hack? (Existing mod nointro does not remove in-game intros)
2) Is there any tools, that could help me just jump over this mission?
3) Is there better solution?

P.S. My config - AMD 64 3000+, WinXP SP1(32 bit), 1Gig RAM - OCZ, Radeon X800 PE, Audigy 2, Logitech MX 510, dual SATA 160 Gb RAID 0 etc...

This post has been edited by Klyack: Jul 20 2005, 03:27 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Jul 20 2005, 08:37 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,516

thats pretty much what happens to me at the end of the first ryder robbery mission, just seems to get stuck in the video. happens every time and it a total pain in the titties
Achievements

+Quote Post
kirisute
post Jul 21 2005, 06:37 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,200

A: stop using all the wussy mods you are! play the game as its meant to be played!!!!

B: you can usually skip pre mission video by hitting the space bar but only after about 10 secs of the video has played

C: its great innit?...you guys take a fully programmed game...then add bits of 3rd party programming that aint fully backed by the original programmers...then wonder why the game stops working! hmmmmm im spotting a flaw!!!
LOL
Achievements

+Quote Post
trep316
post Jul 21 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,224

QUOTE(kirisute @ Jul 21 2005, 03:37 PM)
A: stop using all the wussy mods you are! play the game as its meant to be played!!!!

B: you can usually skip pre mission video by hitting the space bar but only after about 10 secs of the video has played

C: its great innit?...you guys take a fully programmed game...then add bits of 3rd party programming that aint fully backed by the original programmers...then wonder why the game stops working! hmmmmm im spotting a flaw!!!
LOL
[right][snapback]762774[/snapback][/right]

First of all, there's nothing wrong with using mods. They were properly tested before being released and R* made the source files programmable so that even people with less programming skills can edit them. It's not a sin to use mods, it just improves your gaming experience.

Anyways on to the main topic... try lowering the sound acceleration to BASIC. Goto run>dxdiag>sound tab>Basic Acc

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
kirisute
post Jul 21 2005, 07:48 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

first of all...what i stated was the fact that a third party MOD is more likely to cause problems than running the game WITHOUT mods!
Tme modding source may well have been released by Rockstar...but at the same time all of the Modding sources are released with a bit os small print stating...problems caused using mods created with this source are not supported by Rockstar! why? simply because anyone can create a MOD and the chances are they are not tested to the extent that Rockstar themselves would test it!
Yeah MODS can make the game better....but if they fuck your game up why do it? the simple FACT is that the game works without MODS..and the guys above are having problems with the games whilst running MODS...therefore...dont run the MODS!!!!
if the game works without them...which i would happily lay odds on it would.....whats causing the problem? the MOD!
Achievements

+Quote Post
trep316
post Jul 21 2005, 07:54 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,224

QUOTE(Klyack @ Jul 20 2005, 11:51 PM)
...So mission Fender Ketchup never starts, becourse this f...g intro never ends - car keeps accelerating (wheels are rotating) but not going out. Game is not hang by itself - you can reload etc.. I tried to reinstall a clean version (without mods) and complete some other missions before try again - everything is OK, but Fender Ketchup intro just keeps blocked.
Questions are:
1) Is there any way to pass intros? Some mod or hack? (Existing mod nointro does not remove in-game intros)
2) Is there any tools, that could help me just jump over this mission?
3) Is there better solution?

P.S. My config - AMD 64 3000+, WinXP SP1(32 bit), 1Gig RAM - OCZ, Radeon X800 PE, Audigy 2, Logitech MX 510, dual SATA 160 Gb RAID 0 etc...
[right][snapback]761132[/snapback][/right]

He did remove the mod and the problem wasn't gone, some other cause maybe, other than the mod...

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
post Jul 21 2005, 07:50 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(kirisute @ Jul 21 2005, 08:48 AM)
first of all...what i stated was the fact that a third party MOD is more likely to cause problems than running the game WITHOUT mods!
Tme modding source may well have been released by Rockstar...but at the same time all of the Modding sources are released with a bit os small print stating...problems caused using mods created with this source are not supported by Rockstar! why? simply because anyone can create a MOD and the chances are they are not tested to the extent that Rockstar themselves would test it!
Yeah MODS can make the game better....but if they fuck your game up why do it? the simple FACT is that the game works without MODS..and the guys above are having problems with the games whilst running MODS...therefore...dont run the MODS!!!!
if the game works without them...which i would happily lay odds on it would.....whats causing the problem? the MOD!
[right][snapback]762899[/snapback][/right]

How exactly does this rant about mods help when he has already stated he tried without mods and i also have the same problem without any mods installed?

This is the kind of response you get when you fail to READ what is clearly WRITTEN and then TRY to reply in a patronising manner with WORDS written in capitals WHICH really pisses most people off.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Klyack
post Jul 22 2005, 12:41 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Would anybody try my save? I dunno, by e-mail or somehow... I would like to know if it's a save or game.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TooCrooked
post Jul 22 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,621

to post your save, zip it and upload it to the forums and we can give it a try.

QUOTE(kirisute @ Jul 21 2005, 03:37 AM)
[right][snapback]762774[/snapback][/right]

QUOTE(kirisute @ Jul 21 2005, 04:48 AM)
[right][snapback]762899[/snapback][/right]

no, you stated your dislike of mods, and THEN you stated third party mods can cause problems.

so looks like you not only contradicted yourself, but also that trep winz! he pwnd you!

btw, i agree, if a guy wants to use mods, then go for the gusto! cheat your ass off if it pleases you! take "all the fun out" if thats what floats your boat!

--------------------
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
rhalle
post Jul 22 2005, 12:56 AM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,008

I had the same problem.

The car just drives into the wall inside the garage, and the mission won't start.

For me, I just waited awhile and mashed a buncha keys randomly, and it finally started. It took a few tries.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Klyack
post Jul 22 2005, 01:46 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Problem got resolved suddenly - with frame limiter put on. After getting out of garage you can put it off again. Kinda bug...

P.S. A bunch of mods were installed.
Achievements

+Quote Post
kirisute
post Jul 22 2005, 06:59 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

ooooo the teeny generation bite back! damn i whupped....shame on me....

naughty naughty naughty......(for those old enough to know..check out a episode of Fawlty Towers to understand that reaction)
Achievements

+Quote Post
SPANKED-up Madme...
post Jul 22 2005, 10:15 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 837

Like said 2 posts above:
To fix turn Frame Limiter ON
And it has nothing to do with mods, also happens with un-modded games..., and without cheating and stuff

--------------------
DAMN NATION, NO DONATION, NO SALVATION
- Drive Through Church (Los Santos)
Achievements

+Quote Post
ReuBeN
post Jul 23 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,358

I am having the same issue, and i have no mods whatso ever installed.

I am running a clean game of SA with no cheats, everything is on/on high, so it is a game problem idd, will try the Fram limiter solution now.
Achievements

+Quote Post
post Jul 23 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

changing my res to 1024x768x16 fixed my problem. not sure if it will fix yours
Achievements

+Quote Post
Axonis
post Jul 24 2005, 07:48 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,031

QUOTE(kirisute @ Jul 22 2005, 03:59 PM)
ooooo the teeny generation bite back! damn i whupped....shame on me....

naughty naughty naughty......(for those old enough to know..check out a episode of Fawlty Towers to understand that reaction)
[right][snapback]764706[/snapback][/right]

Fawty Towers rocked !

--------------------
When it gets to your turn, they change the rules.

*Editing New Sig*

Sig too big, read the rules~Freakin-Barracuda
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:33 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4