IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> San Andreas PC crashes when cars explode.
SeymourBewty
post Apr 16 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 39,427

I looked through the forums and haven't seen a post about this yet. I'm using the steam version of the game, and I checked the steam forums without much luck. Here are my specs:

AMD Athlon X2 5200+
BFG 8800GTX 768Mb (with latest Vista beta drivers, since stables haven't been updated since DECEMBER!!)
2GB Corsair DDR2 @800Mhz
Asus M2n-E SLI mobo
Onboard sound with latest drivers (with no new updates written since Vista shipped)
Vista Home Premium with SP1

But yeah, I'm still pretty early in the game, and I'm stuck on the mission where you have to take everybody to the Cluckin Bell, then you have to chase after the enemy car and let your guys shoot it until it explodes. Every time it explodes, the game CTDs. All my drivers are about as up to date as they can be, and I have Vista SP1 and get all the updates for it on patch tuesday. Does anybody have any ideas at all? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

This post has been edited by SeymourBewty: Apr 16 2008, 10:59 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Boss Up
post Apr 17 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,494

Try using Windows 98 or XP Compatibility Mode by right clicking the game .exe --> Properties --> Compatibility tab.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Wildcat
post Apr 25 2008, 07:10 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 39,868

Hey seymour, I spotted your problem on google and I just recently had the same problem not to long ago, and If I am correct, I believe the effect you are having is involved with the effects.fxp file in your GTA SA folder, if you have been using any graphical mods such as "New Great Effects 1.3 V1" or other sources that can relate, try replacing the effects.fxp file again and see if that makes a your problem go bye bye
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:08 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4