Post #1

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

There's plenty of new information and screenshots from the various Lost And Damned previews which have gone online today, so read below for the details.

Kikizo
  • Features about one third of the number of missions as the full game (roughly 30)
  • You'll need to stick your GTA4 disk in your 360, and once in-game, you'll be able to launch the expansion.
  • The story is set at roughly the same time as Niko's story, and there are several crossover points.
  • Unlike Niko, Johnny Klebitz has lived in Liberty City his whole life, so he already has experience of the place. Rockstar say this means a number of missions are a lot quicker paced than Niko's may have been.
  • Rockstar reckon that players will care as much about certain members of The Lost as they do about Niko and Roman for example.
  • When riding behind your convoy, a Lost emblem will appear on the road. If you stay inside it, Johnny will chat to his pals. This can also give you a health boost or even repair your bike if you do it properly.
  • Pressing down on the d-pad will bring up details on all of the other bikers in your convoy. They have stats, and if you help keep them alive, their stats will go up and they will perform better in battle.
  • The story starts with Johnny's brother, Billy, arriving back from rehab. During the time Billy's been away, Johnny has called a truce with their rival gang the Angels of Death and Billy isn't happy with this.
  • There are several new buildings to enter.
  • There are new mini-games in the save house, including arm wrestling, a hi-lo card game, and new tv material to watch.
  • You can also have weapons delivered to your save house by an associate.
  • Johnny's bike is one of a kind. However someone can deliver a 'similar' one if you trash it. It's designed to be heavier and slower than some of the other bikes, but more maneuverable and if you fall off it, you won't take too much damage.
  • New weapons include a sawn off shotgun, pipe bombs, a grenade launcher and an automatic 9mm which Rockstar says 'shreds people'.
  • One of the missions is for Elizabeta where you will replay the mission "Blow Your Cover", alongside Niko, but from Johnny's perspective this time. Niko and Playboy X took off to the roof, but Johnny decides to stay and fight the cops head on.
  • Rockstar have introduced mid-mission checkpoints so that if you die, you can continue from half way rather than needing to do the whole mission again.
  • The menu has changed slightly, with a red, rubber stamped effect. Health is now white and armour is blue on the in-game HUD. Johnny's phone looks a bit more grungey than Niko's did.
  • There's plenty of new music and a new DJ on Liberty City Hardcore, especially metal.
  • It's out on February 17th, priced at 1600 Microsoft points (roughly $18 USD, £10 GBP).

GamePlayer
  • Johnny is 34 years old, but runs slower than Niko and hunches over slightly. He has different animations to Niko and hails a cab in a different way.
  • Johnny's bike is a Hexer.
  • If you order in a bike from Clay (one of the Lost members who delivers your goods), it will have improved handling like your default bike, but it won't be the same bike. You can also fire your shotgun from it.
  • Unlike Niko, who fought mostly alone, Johnny fights with his gang and they help out, especially in battles with the cops.
  • The DLC won't add any "jetpack" like content from San Andreas. It's the same game as GTA4, so if you're bored of that, then it's nothing incredibly new (apart from the story of course).
  • The Lost owe money to Ray Boccino.
  • The DLC does not effect anything at all in the original GTA4 story.
  • There will 'probably' be new Lost And Damned themed multiplayer modes.
  • Rockstar say that because Johnny's character was much more detailed than other characters in the main story for GTA4, it was pretty obvious he may be involved in the DLC. Is this a hint at who the next one may be based on?

The Previews

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
1UP
post Jan 23 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 738

Features about one third of the number of missions as the full game (roughly 30)
Cool my guess on missions was close.

New weapons include a sawn off shotgun, pipe bombs, a grenade launcher and an automatic 9mm which Rockstar says 'shreds people'.

Pipe bombs, wont that be kind of similar to grenades? Stronger or something maybe.

Rockstar have introduced mid-mission checkpoints so that if you die, you can continue from half way rather than needing to do the whole mission again.

Piss me off more DLC, that would of been nice from the start... Hope these quotes hurt someones eyes.

On a side note, I hope this comes out for the PC version eventually. Even if my 360 worked I wouldn't buy this stuff for a consul game.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jan 23 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #3

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

It's gonna take far too long for people to read through all of the previews. I'm sure it took me like 2 hours just to do 2 of them (including writing their points up), but basically a few of them mention that Sony feel like this is a timed exclusive and that it'll be available to everyone (inc. pc) at some point in the future. Don't quote me on that though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Jan 23 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

I just feel a PC version is pretty plausible, slap a games for windows on the DLC, I'd think Microsoft wants the most out of fifty mill and it just sounds like something they would do.

Awesome job Psy as always.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
werewolf23
post Jan 23 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,932

QUOTE(1UP @ Jan 22 2009, 07:37 PM) [snapback]1480294[/snapback]
I just feel a PC version is pretty plausible, slap a games for windows on the DLC, I'd think Microsoft wants the most out of fifty mill and it just sounds like something they would do.

Awesome job Psy as always.

yeah, Psy, thanks. living in small town usa, it's appreciated to be able to click on here sometimes and find all this stuff.

maybe gta5, or 6, will just start out as a city, and folks can choose who they want to start out with character-wise. you wanna be the up and coming young criminal? cool. wanna be the crooked cop first? bikers, business men, whoever... get around to playing as the other people later, if you want. or not.

the new dlc looks good. ever since mitch baker back in vice city, a lot of us have wanted there to be a playable biker gang.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seeen
post Jan 23 2009, 05:03 AM
Post #6

Vandal

Member No.: 5,816
PSN Name: SeeenRulez

Rockstar North rules. It never would have crossed my mind to make the HUD, menus, and even the cell phone look gritty and "grungey" as they put it.

Superior attention to detail.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post Jan 23 2009, 07:40 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE(Psy @ Jan 23 2009, 12:10 AM) [snapback]1480285[/snapback]
  • Rockstar reckon that players will care as much about certain members of The Lost as they do about Niko and Roman for example.
I will surely care about The Lost guys more than I did about Roman. I seriously detest this fat prick and regret I couldn't pick to kill him instead of Playboy X/Dwayne biggrin.gif

• There's plenty of new music and a new DJ on Liberty City Hardcore, especially metal.
And that is best news, as LCH gets 60% of my radio playtime in GTA IV. And metal, yes - this is the musical genre I've been missing in the main game. Jazz, hardcore, rock, they're all cool, but metal is THE music for reckless driving!

• It's out on February 17th, priced at 1600 Microsoft points (roughly $18 USD, £10 GBP).
Fuck me if the whopping 1600 MS POints are not worth the a/m content!

Rockstar say that because Johnny's character was much more detailed than other characters in the main story for GTA4, it was pretty obvious he may be involved in the DLC. Is this a hint at who the next one may be based on?

Little Jacob? Karen?

This post has been edited by 6 shooter: Jan 23 2009, 07:41 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Jan 23 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #8

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

QUOTE(6 shooter @ Jan 23 2009, 07:40 AM) [snapback]1480334[/snapback]
Rockstar say that because Johnny's character was much more detailed than other characters in the main story for GTA4, it was pretty obvious he may be involved in the DLC. Is this a hint at who the next one may be based on?

Little Jacob? Karen?

I think if anyone it would be little jacob or packie maybe, depends on what way they want the next one to go. if they done jacob you could get high , imagine driving like that lol.
just hope some dlc makes it to the ps3

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jan 23 2009, 01:27 PM
Post #9

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(1UP @ Jan 22 2009, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1480291[/snapback]
New weapons include a sawn off shotgun, pipe bombs, a grenade launcher and an automatic 9mm which Rockstar says 'shreds people'.

Pipe bombs, wont that be kind of similar to grenades? Stronger or something maybe.

Eh yeah, but I mean you could kinda say the same with all the other weapons they're adding.
Same weapons, just different looks.

I imagine though, that the pipe bomb will be hella cheaper than grenades though.
Achievements

+Quote Post
istealkegs
post Jan 23 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,227

QUOTE(trathen @ Jan 23 2009, 08:16 AM) [snapback]1480355[/snapback]
I think if anyone it would be little jacob or packie maybe, depends on what way they want the next one to go. if they done jacob you could get high , imagine driving like that lol.
just hope some dlc makes it to the ps3

Not to sound like a racist or anything... but Rockstar will probably make the main character in the next DLC a minority... ya know, just to be politically correct and all... so yea.. Jacob probably...

...and if it IS Jacob... you better be able to drive high... if not, I'll be pissed.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 23 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #11

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I can't wait.

$18 is the jam. Can't fucking wait.

Thanks Psy.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Roman
post Jan 23 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,026

The real kick in the ball sack will be the size of this baby. I got a 120gig HD, that is not what I am worried about. It's the download time that will suck.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Jan 23 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #13

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Well it can't be any more than about 2 GB if you consider the whole game itself is like 6 GB on the consoles or something. All they're adding is more audio and some new models and textures (plus the script which is next to nothing in file size). I reckon it'll be no more than 1.5 GB.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 23 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #14

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

FUCK!!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jan 23 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #15

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(FML 7 BOT @ Jan 23 2009, 11:01 AM) [snapback]1480381[/snapback]
FUCK!!

Im sorry. But

QUOTE(Psy @ Jan 23 2009, 10:21 AM) [snapback]1480373[/snapback]
Well it can't be any more than about 2 GB if you consider the whole game itself is like 6 GB on the consoles or something. All they're adding is more audio and some new models and textures (plus the script which is next to nothing in file size). I reckon it'll be no more than 1.5 GB.

I think you're right about that.
The two expansions for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion we're roughly only 1.1 to 1.5GB in size. And look how much that added.
Achievements

+Quote Post
angeal18
post Jan 28 2009, 02:42 AM
Post #16

Litterer

Member No.: 42,256

I suspect Gerald or Badman to be the next DLC character
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Feb 1 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 38,184

Dang... I need to get a new GTA IV game (my old one broke). Then I need even more money to buy online and the actual pack.

I need a job. >>

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 03:04 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4