Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

^ That thing better have pop-out wings.

QUOTE (demon @ Jan 6 2011, 05:19 PM) *
Even American cars are small now, they're not what they used to be.

Aside from a 90's Caprice or Crown Victoria, I wouldn't buy an American car newer than 1980.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Jan 6 2011, 11:37 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
demon
post Jan 7 2011, 03:51 AM
Post #163

Capo

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,672

QUOTE (EMBO @ Jan 6 2011, 11:46 PM) *
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 6 2011, 10:19 PM) *
QUOTE (EMBO @ Jan 6 2011, 11:01 PM) *
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 6 2011, 09:27 PM) *
The Lambo looks like something from Star Wars...

I must say the BMW is VERY pretty, just a bit small for my taste though. smile.gif

Small? ohmy.gif That's about as big as cars get in the UK (apart from 4x4's etc). What sort of car are you thinking?

I'm thinking BMW 7-series. The 5-series is big enough but it leaves something to be desired. That's not a 5-series, is it? I thought they were longer.

The pictured BMW is larger than average, but I think average cars are like small boxes. Even American cars are small now, they're not what they used to be.

Ah luxury cars, yeah there's the 7-series, Audi A8, and other similar cars but I guess it all comes down to what you're using it for. For cruising and general room luxury cars like the 7-series are right at the top of the list, but in real-world terms they're a bit too big to, for example, park in a reasonably-sized space and they cost a fortune to tax and repair (not to mention fuel costs on the higher-end models like the 760Li). I've always looked for a car you wouldn't be too worried about taking to the track or really opening up on motorways.

And yeah, European cars have always been pretty small (I blame the French), and they're getting smaller partly due to smaller engines (don't get me started on emissions tax). Same with Japanese cars. I can't really say about American cars since I don't really know about them, but I think the proper muscle-car died in the 70's.

Anyways, I think it all comes down to personal preference. I'd take an M5 over an M3 any day, but that would be about as big as I could deal with.

Car tax in Norway is beyond insane, we actually have a dozen different car taxes. They add up... Even extra safety equipment are taxed.
So I can never afford a BMW 7-something, but afterall this is a dream car discussion.

What model of BMW is that car you posted?

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 7 2011, 12:22 AM) *
MMM dreamy.

wtf. How do you see the road from inside that? Maybe the windshield is a LCD screen and it got lots of cameras...

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 7 2011, 12:36 AM) *
^ That thing better have pop-out wings.

QUOTE (demon @ Jan 6 2011, 05:19 PM) *
Even American cars are small now, they're not what they used to be.

Aside from a 90's Caprice or Crown Victoria, I wouldn't buy an American car newer than 1980.

I don't know much about those two models, but if we say 1965 - 1975 then most American cars were good. I like those "carrier ships", Cadillac in particular.

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
EMBO
post Jan 7 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #164

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 6,887

Car tax in Norway is beyond insane, we actually have a dozen different car taxes. They add up... Even extra safety equipment are taxed.
So I can never afford a BMW 7-something, but afterall this is a dream car discussion.

Yeah I had heard northern Europe was getting pretty stringent on the taxes, seems ridiculous that extra safety equipment is taxed though >.>

Better for someone to crash and not get severely injured/die due to advanced airbags, crumple-zones, etc, than end up in hospital for months or dead. Less strain on the economy too in the long run.

The Beamer I'm getting is the e46 model (2005) 330d, which is a 3 litre turbo-diesel engine mapped to about 220 bhp. I hate diesels with a passion but when I graduate in the summer I'm going straight into a job that involves a 25 mile commute so fuel economy (about 50-55 mpg) is essential. Gonna save some money and hopefully buy an e92 (the new shape 3-series) M3 when they've dropped in price (about 440 bhp, woo yeah biggrin.gif).

What's the price of fuel like in Norway?

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 7 2011, 05:19 PM
Post #165

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (EMBO @ Jan 7 2011, 02:52 PM) *

Yeah I had heard northern Europe was getting pretty stringent on the taxes, seems ridiculous that extra safety equipment is taxed though >.>

Better for someone to crash and not get severely injured/die due to advanced airbags, crumple-zones, etc, than end up in hospital for months or dead. Less strain on the economy too in the long run.

The Beamer I'm getting is the e46 model (2005) 330d, which is a 3 litre turbo-diesel engine mapped to about 220 bhp. I hate diesels with a passion but when I graduate in the summer I'm going straight into a job that involves a 25 mile commute so fuel economy (about 50-55 mpg) is essential. Gonna save some money and hopefully buy an e92 (the new shape 3-series) M3 when they've dropped in price (about 440 bhp, woo yeah biggrin.gif).

I love M3's. They're my favourite cars. I wish i could afford one. I may do in the future. And it has to be diesel, petrol cars are just far too expensive to run these days.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jan 7 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #166

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE (demon @ Jan 7 2011, 03:51 AM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 7 2011, 12:22 AM) *

wtf. How do you see the road from inside that? Maybe the windshield is a LCD screen and it got lots of cameras...

My guess is if you've got enough money to afford that - even though it's only a concept anyway - you'll have your own private race track to drive it on and several other roadworthy cars for use in day to day affairs.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Jan 7 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #167

Capo

QUOTE (EMBO @ Jan 7 2011, 03:52 PM) *

Beamer? I remember it as a good car in GTA2, didn't know any real car model had that name. What make is it?

Modern diesels can be very powerful, but the big downside is often that they are literal stink bombs. Often they emmit tick black smoke (even very new cars!) and I hate driving behind one. If they have particle filter (is it called that in English?), it often does not work well IMO. It's like driving after an old lorry.

Two thirds of the diesel cars on the road should be forbidden. I don't mind CO2 emissions because they do not choke me right there and then, but CO2 is apparently all that matters today. doh (12).gif

@Fuel prices.
95 octane petrol cost from NOK 12.90 - 13.90 per liter usually. I checked the latest currency rates, one pund sterling is about NOK 9.30, and one USD is about NOK 6.

Diesel is about NOK 0.50 cheaper than 95 octane.

About 80% of the price is taxes to the greedy state of Norway.

This post has been edited by demon: Jan 7 2011, 11:20 PM

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jan 7 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #168

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Beamer = BMW

There's something wrong if the diesel engines are really that bad. Maybe it's just better in America. Personally, I like the smell of diesel exhaust over gas. sleep.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Jan 7 2011, 11:41 PM
Post #169

Capo

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 8 2011, 12:33 AM) *
Beamer = BMW

There's something wrong if the diesel engines are really that bad. Maybe it's just better in America. Personally, I like the smell of diesel exhaust over gas. sleep.gif

I like any fuel exhaust period. But not tick smoke. Petrol is the best though, Chanel, Hugo Boss, Dior etc should bottle it and sell it as perfume.

Diesel exhaust can be nice, but not colored diesel. In Norway, some vehicle types (tractors and other machinery) are allowed to buy a special diesel that are less taxed. This diesel is colored, and while the exhaust don't smell very differently, it's known to be more dangerous for the health.

The best smelling diesel exhaaust is the military type, it's mixed with parafine in order to not freeze at extreme cold temperatures. The drawback is that it makes the engine about 10% less powerful.

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
EMBO
post Jan 8 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #170

Upstanding Citizen

BMW has arrived! Just been for a quick drive and it's quicker than I thought it would be, overtaking is a breeze with all the torque and it's not too slow off the line either. Turbo sounds epic too, and in 30 minutes driving hard the fuel needle didn't budge happy.gif

Only problem is, now I need to sell my old car... anyone want to buy a wonderful (read: shitbag) Focus ST?

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Jan 9 2011, 06:04 AM
Post #171

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

QUOTE (EMBO @ Jan 8 2011, 10:52 AM) *
Only problem is, now I need to sell my old car... anyone want to buy a wonderful (read: shitbag) Focus ST?

you really are trying very hard to convince us!

lol

good luck with the bmw, i dont like diesels either but if you really need it then it will do a good job

Right now I if could change my car for something better (reallistically speaking) id get a '99 subaru impreza gt, i really like that car...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Jan 9 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #172

Capo

QUOTE (demon @ Jan 8 2011, 12:41 AM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 8 2011, 12:33 AM) *
Beamer = BMW

I like any fuel exhaust period. But not tick smoke. Petrol is the best though, Chanel, Hugo Boss, Dior etc should bottle it and sell it as perfume.

Diesel exhaust can be nice, but not colored diesel. In Norway, some vehicle types (tractors and other machinery) are allowed to buy a special diesel that are less taxed. This diesel is colored, and while the exhaust don't smell very differently, it's known to be more dangerous for the health.

The best smelling diesel exhaaust is the military type, it's mixed with parafine in order to not freeze at extreme cold temperatures. The drawback is that it makes the engine about 10% less powerful.

I forgot to say I don't like the smell of modern petrol cars because of catalysator. Old petrol cars smell better, but the best of the best is two-stroke motors (mc, snowmobile etc). Their scent is wonderful.

QUOTE (EMBO @ Jan 8 2011, 04:52 PM) *
BMW has arrived! Just been for a quick drive and it's quicker than I thought it would be, overtaking is a breeze with all the torque and it's not too slow off the line either. Turbo sounds epic too, and in 30 minutes driving hard the fuel needle didn't budge happy.gif

Congrats. Did you say what model of BMW it is?

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Jan 10 2011, 02:06 AM
Post #173

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

i could list many cars that im not going to ever own but tbh, i just want something cheap that will get me to college (once i pass my driving test). i was looking at a ford fiesta for about 700 and the insurance would have been 2000. even with my mum as the policy holder it was 1000. how the fuck can a insurance company justify charging that much? its more than the cars worth. add onto that the cost of road tax, fuel, ect and it costs a fuckin bomb.

oh, has anyone in the uk noticed the fuel prices for diesel going over 133.9 per litre, its the most expensive ive seen so far.

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Jan 10 2011, 03:59 AM
Post #174

Trickster

Member No.: 42,061

In pink, with a shirtless latino male 20 year old driver with a nice or passable body.

That is all.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Jan 10 2011, 07:11 AM
Post #175

Capo

QUOTE (King Kenny @ Jan 10 2011, 03:06 AM) *
the insurance would have been 2000. even with my mum as the policy holder it was 1000.

For a Fiesta? Jesus!
Is that full coverage, I don't know the English word for it but it means that your insurance pay for repairs on your car if you cause the accident. It's cheaper if you have an insurance that only cover damages on the other party's car.

oh, has anyone in the uk noticed the fuel prices for diesel going over 133.9 per litre, its the most expensive ive seen so far.

133.9 pounds per liter? That has to be a typo.

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Jan 10 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #176

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

its for 3rd party, fire and theft, meaning the insurance will cover the cost of repairs of another car if i hit one and obviously if its stolen or set alight. any damage i cause to it on my own, ie hitting a wall head on, is my own problem.

oh and when i put 133.9 thats in pence, so its 1.33/4 ish per litre.

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
EMBO
post Jan 10 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #177

Upstanding Citizen

Yeah when I first passed at 17 my 1.2 Corsa cost 800, insurance was 1800. They justify charging so much by assuming that everyone under 20 with a car is a lunatic.

5 years no claims later and I'm driving a 3 litre turbo diesel worth 6000 and insurance is 400. Doesn't mean I've calmed down my driving though ph34r.gif

Edit: Problem is that if you don't fork out ridiculous sums of money to drive around in a tiny-engined shitbag when you're 17-18 you can't build up no claims bonus, which is the key to getting big chunks taken off your premium for when you buy something better.

This post has been edited by EMBO: Jan 10 2011, 03:40 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Jan 10 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #178

Capo

QUOTE (King Kenny @ Jan 10 2011, 03:41 PM) *
its for 3rd party, fire and theft, meaning the insurance will cover the cost of repairs of another car if i hit one and obviously if its stolen or set alight. any damage i cause to it on my own, ie hitting a wall head on, is my own problem.

oh and when i put 133.9 thats in pence, so its 1.33/4 ish per litre.

You don't need fire and theft coverage on a Fiesta? No offense but no one would want to steal a Fiesta unless it's unlocked and they just need a ride right there and then. And cars don't catch fire unless someone torch them.

Gas prices drops throughout the week, so I try to fill up the car on every Sunday, it's the cheapest day in the week. Monday the most expensive.

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 09:10 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4