> GTA V, Release Date: Pre - February 2012
Marney1
post Dec 14 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

A statement from Wedbush Morgan claims Take-Two are on "a path to consistent profitability" and are confident the next Grand Theft Auto game will be released before February 2012.

"We are confident that Take-Two will release GTA in either 2011 or 2012 and BioShock Infinite in2012, and think the company can generate sustainable earnings growth in each year if the timing of releases is right."
Earlier this year Take-Two shuffled its financial calendar, moving its fiscal year end from October to March.
This move will provide it with more time before announcing a date for the next Grand Theft Auto release, according to Wedbush, with the game expected before the current contracts with Rockstar employees run out in February 2012.

"The change in fiscal year avoids the dilemma about announcing GTA, as management will not provide FY:12 guidance until May or June 2011. While we remain confident that GTA is on track for release prior to the expiration of key employee contracts in February 2012, the company will likely wait to announce the game until midyear, either with its March earnings or at E3 in June." - RockstarSpy NewsWire

This post has been edited by Marney1: Dec 14 2010, 03:42 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Dec 14 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #2

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

"... before the current contracts with Rockstar employees run out in February 2012."

^That's an interesting aspect.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 14 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #3

Godfather
Group Icon

GameInformer have re-edited it to quote Michael Pachter as having said what's in the GameIndustry.biz article but there's no proof it was him (as yet). If it was someone else that said it then it makes it more credible and pretty much confirmed in my eyes that Rockstar are actually working on GTA 5. I tipped GameInformer off about this story after I posted it here this morning btw.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 14 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #4

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

It's going to be Vice City. Do you want it to be in Vice City?

Who do you want to be the lead character? Do you think it will be a ninja? Or a woman?

[/thread ruined]
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 14 2010, 11:43 PM
Post #5

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Well it was pretty obvious they would make another GTA. But this news is interesting. Hopefully we get some good news and sceens by Easter!

Also, it does make sense that they finish the game before they contracts run out... lol I just hope they finish it sooner. 2012... I think I'll be posting my CV and showreel in at R* north by then happy.gif

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Dec 14 2010, 11:45 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 15 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #6

Godfather
Group Icon

I'm just wondering how it's possible for R*North to be making GTA V and AGENT at the same time. In fact it's got me baffled.

Just throwing this in here too lol:
Family and friends beg games industry analyst Michael Pachter to 'find a real job'
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 15 2010, 01:26 AM
Post #7

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

North is on Agent? Fuck it, then, Agent is done. No one fucking cares about some gay spy game, we want GTA.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 15 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #8

Still Standing
Group Icon

I think Agent is currently in its production stage. i also think GTA is in the pipeline, but only the early stages of concepting/pre-production. If it's not going to be released until 2012 then you know they aren't currently working on it at full speed at this point.

So i don't see any point in getting excited about GTA until Agent is on the horizon tbh...

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Dec 15 2010, 10:16 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 15 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #9

Godfather
Group Icon

So you reckon it's somewhere between Design & Implementation?
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 15 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #10

Still Standing
Group Icon

Well that's just an example. Every game developer has a different pipeline, but generally yeah, this is the stage I'd expect them to be at.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 15 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #11

Boss
Group Icon

Until Rockstar makes an OFFICIAL announcement, this is just another spam post.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 15 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #12

Still Standing
Group Icon

Well it's more speculation than spam, but i see your point. I'm not bothered that there is no real info out about the next GTA, i just like the fact we still talk about the possibility of it being in development.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 15 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #13

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 14 2010, 01:17 PM) *
...I tipped GameInformer off about this story after I posted it here this morning btw.

wow, your a regular rabble rouser... proud of ya...

in other news, this isn't really news... everyone and their mother has posted some sort of GTAV speculation topic on all major gaming news websites over the past year... the fact that it's been almost 3 years since GTAIV just makes all these articles more common these days... but, i learned something about R* and that's, there's nothing to speculate about until R* actually comes out and says, "yea we're working on GTAV"... until then, these kinds of articles are just a waste of time...

i expect to hear something on agent before i hear something on GTAV... and quite honestly, there's no rush for GTAV right now... they've flying high on RDR's success, and LA noire is right around the corner, as well as agent in the not too distant future... an announcement right now about GTAV would deflate anything related to the games i mentioned... especially La noire, which has been R*'s pet project for well over 5 years now... if there's to be an announcement on GTAV, it would have to be after LA noire's release...

i am sure they're developing the game but, there's no rush at the moment so, i still think it's in it's infant stages at this point... merely just a concept in development... they've probably spent most of their time scouting locations and tweaking the RAGE engine a bit... and maybe laying down ideas and roads to test them out on... if anything, i'd say they're 25% through development... not nearly enough to make an announcement on...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Dec 15 2010, 03:57 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 15 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #14

Boss
Group Icon

I'm sure Marney will be the one to break the official announcement (outside of this gem) for GTAV.

Television Anchor: "We've just received word that Rockstar is moments away from releasing the first announcement regarding it's new game, Grand Theft Auto Five. But before we get the announcement from them, we have word that a plumber in England will be posting a thread on igrandtheftauto.com that will server as the official announcement. The website and plumber are not affiliated directly with Rockstar games, but there has been a lot of speculation on that site, most of it coming from the plumber. No word yet if the game will be set in Miami as previously speculated. We go live to Trisha Takinawa who is in the plumber's shitty apartment for his posting of the news on the fansite. Trisha..."
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 15 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #15

Godfather
Group Icon

Um ya, so anyway - I just thought this.....

"This move will provide it with more time before announcing a date for the next Grand Theft Auto release, according to Wedbush, with the game expected before the current contracts with Rockstar employees run out in February 2012."

...and this....

"The change in fiscal year avoids the dilemma about announcing GTA, as management will not provide FY:12 guidance until May or June 2011. While we remain confident that GTA is on track for release prior to the expiration of key employee contracts in February 2012, the company will likely wait to announce the game until midyear, either with its March earnings or at E3 in June."

.....where interesting because to me it's the first admission of the game actually being in development.

This is a R* fan site and this news or whatever you want to call it is what you expect to find on it, so suck it.

This post has been edited by Marney1: Dec 15 2010, 05:28 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 15 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 15 2010, 11:59 AM) *
...No word yet if the game will be set in Miami as previously speculated. We go live to Trisha Takinawa who is in the plumber's shitty apartment for his posting of the news on the fansite. Trisha..."

"tom, i'm standing here with the plumber..."

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Dec 15 2010, 05:28 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Dec 15 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #17

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

"Thanks, Tom. News to kill for. Plumber Marney is just moments away from posting what will be the greatest forum post in Grand Theft Auto history. We tried to get an interview, but we couldn't understand a word he was saying."

Anyway, this has slightly more credibility than other speculation topics. sleep.gif

edit: damn it bones...

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 15 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #18

biggrin.gif...

i could tell you that GTAV is coming out in either 2011 or 2012, just like that patcher bastard... and when 2011 comes and goes without GTA, i could tell you this time next year that GTAV will be coming out in 2012 or 2013... to predict a game coming out in a 2 year window is not predicting anything at all...

we all know it's in development... all i gathered from this article was a 2 year window, which was already speculated by patcher...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Dec 15 2010, 05:34 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 15 2010, 05:36 PM
Post #19

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 15 2010, 05:27 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 15 2010, 11:59 AM) *
...No word yet if the game will be set in Miami as previously speculated. We go live to Trisha Takinawa who is in the plumber's shitty apartment for his posting of the news on the fansite. Trisha..."

"tom, i'm standing here with the plumber..."

Cunt happy.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Dec 15 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #20

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

*cat. the thing in the lower-right is a cat.

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:48 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4