Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Programs?, ??
SAsniper
post Apr 11 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,053

What programs could I use to make a sig? Im guessing photoshop?

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Geenie
post Apr 11 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 856

Yup Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks is not too bad, but has limited features compared to photoshop. Paint shop pro will be ok aswell. Photoshop will be your best choice, loads of tutorials online shouldnt take too long to grasp. smile.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Apr 12 2007, 03:27 AM
Post #3

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

You can buy:

Photoshop here for $649
PaintShop Pro here for 59.99 (Thats what i use)

Or you can use freeware like Gimp, which can be downloaded here

To those of you who talked Warez in this topic, this is your warning, next time 1 day suspension.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
House
post Apr 12 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,344

Ok well Photoshop is your best choice but it's more expensive than Paintshop Pro if you're going to obtain them legitimately I suggest downloading Photoshop from Adobe try it out for a while and if you think you like it. Buy it because I wouldn't blow money on something that would not be used.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Deji
post Mar 15 2008, 12:08 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,753

whats so good about photoshop. i downloaded it but it doesn't do anything special. it's the proffesional (expensive) tools for me.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Mar 15 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

You have to know how to use Photoshop to understand why it costs so much, but that's only part of the reason. Another part is that because so many people pirate PS (and other pro software like Dreamweaver), Adobe needs to hike up the price to get a sufficient return on it. But that only encourages more people to pirate it, so it becomes a vicious cycle.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychø
post Mar 15 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Mar 15 2008, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1399386[/snapback]
Adobe needs to hike up the price to get a sufficient return on it. But that only encourages more people to pirate it, so it becomes a vicious cycle.

That is absolute rubbish the people who pirate it weren't going to buy it anyway, the reason it is so high is because it is a professional tool and it is the best one out there, the best of anything is always really expensive, normally pointlessly unless you are a graphics company.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Deji
post Mar 16 2008, 05:35 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,753

You have to know how to use Photoshop to understand why it costs so much, but that's only part of the reason. Another part is that because so many people pirate PS (and other pro software like Dreamweaver), Adobe needs to hike up the price to get a sufficient return on it. But that only encourages more people to pirate it, so it becomes a vicious cycle.

piracy is wrong rolleyes.gif i cant think of anyone who would want to do it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
selpy
post Mar 18 2008, 10:13 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 372

If you don't wnat to spend money, GIMP is excellent if you can understand how to use it (most newer designers cannot, though) and there is also Paint.NET, which is not nearly as deluxe as Photoshop (my personal choice) but it IS free.

Or, as was suggested, you can always try the free trial of Photoshop from Adobe and whether or not you like it, you can consider buying it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Mar 20 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #10

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

QUOTE(Deji @ Mar 16 2008, 12:35 AM) [snapback]1399518[/snapback]

piracy is wrong rolleyes.gif i cant think of anyone who would want to do it.

hmmm for some reason i think you?
I got Photoshop CS2 through CADD from my school. But they don't know that thumbup.gif Yay Flash Drive and A good diversion

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
neko_ceko
post Mar 20 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,360
Xfire Identity: nekoceko

Microsoft Paint
biggrin.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 27 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 70
PSN Name: Fodder007

I made my sig in Photoshop Elements, it's a cut down version of Photoshop but it does everything I need it to do. For basic graphics stuff there's no point paying for the full version. My copy of elements cost £45 in the UK.

--------------------

Platinum - LBP, RE5, Fifa09, Infamous, Batman, Tiger Woods 10, Assassins Creed 2
1000G - Oblivion, Crackdown, Halo 3, COD4, W@W, FableII, Fallout 3, Fifa09

PSN: Fodder007
Achievements

+Quote Post
ezekiel 08
post Apr 9 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 39,081

Adobe Fireworks!! Been using it for YEARS and not once have I though "Damn, I can't do this, I need Photoshop". Unless you're a real pro and do artwork for a living, you don't need 80% of what Photoshop offers, it's a very large, complicated program and is seriously powerful. For the occasional sig or desktop, Fireworks is MUCH easier to use and has most, if not all, the function you'll need.

--------------------

‡ ‡ My 360 can blog, can yours? ‡ ‡

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
Completed Retail (Xbox 360) =
63 | Retail Competition Rate = 87.87%

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 9 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #14

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

photoshop is going online... there's a free program to use for cropping and editing in photoshop... i am not sure how elaborate it is or if it has all the features/elements that your used to seeing with photoshop...

i'd join if i didn't have the photoshop program already... but, here's the link for anyone interested:
https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post Apr 10 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,815
PSN Name: ophis-

On other notes, i found an article on photoshop yday... apparently its comming out for the Wii and works on the system really well!!! What will they think of next!!!!

(i'd link you to the source but you need to be a payed subscriber and i read it on my boss' computer.)

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
gta 4 clan
post Apr 10 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,129

yeah if you know how to use it it is an u can pretty much make any thing.i think it is the best.''my opinoin''
Achievements

+Quote Post
ezekiel 08
post Apr 10 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Apr 10 2008, 05:31 AM) [snapback]1408309[/snapback]
photoshop is going online... there's a free program to use for cropping and editing in photoshop... i am not sure how elaborate it is or if it has all the features/elements that your used to seeing with photoshop...

i'd join if i didn't have the photoshop program already... but, here's the link for anyone interested:
https://www.photoshop.com/express/landing.html

I read about that... Not sure how it will work, maybe something like YouTube's online video editor? I've looked at that but it's MUCH easier to use Vegas or whatever your into (Final Cut Pro anyone?? lol).

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Rup
post May 11 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 40,602

yes, photoshop is your best option i think.
i'm currently using Photoshop CS

------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pez
post May 14 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 39,589

Photoshop anyday
but takes alot of MB to download, Could slow comp?
otherwise Fireworks is second choice! smile.gif

--------------------
You can piss and not shit,
but you cant shit and not piss.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ezekiel 08
post May 16 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gangsta™ @ May 15 2008, 02:20 AM) [snapback]1435762[/snapback]
Photoshop anyday
but takes alot of MB to download, Could slow comp?
otherwise Fireworks is second choice! smile.gif

Photoshop is about 800mb to download so it's not that big, but Fireworks is only about 200mb. And also Photoshop uses LOADS of RAM and if you only have 1gb than you will struggle to use multiple filters and effects.

I'm still a fan of Fireworks, it's nice and easy and fast. Very laptop friendly.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 06:37 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4