IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just Cause 2 - First Impressions, My mind has been blown to fucking pieces.
bOnEs
post Sep 1 2010, 03:59 AM
Post #121

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

ok, my first impressions are, jawdrop.gif...

i've cleared out 4 bases 100% already and i've done 2 missions, one faction mission and one faction stronghold... and the completion percentage only says 3%... the scale of panau is just amazing... i leaped off the mountain near the stronghold i took over and it took some time before i even needed to pull the chute biggrin.gif... and i couldn't believe how long it took to reach the main city in the middle in a helicopter and the fact that it took almost as long to freefall and parachute into the city... wow... i think i will have more fun in this sandbox than i did in empire city... and the fact that i've barely touched the missions and already have unlocked some good weapons is enough for me to barely waste time with the missions...

it's the saboteur all over again , blowing up everything in a base laugh.gif... except this time i can blow up the main stuff with an equipped helicopter, then parachute in and clean up the rest on foot... i thought i was going to get annoyed with the enemies but, they're only persistent in the bases, which makes sense... crippling the communication tower eliminates some of that... outside of them, if you kill them and flee the scene, you usually get away... hell, i was causing a ton of chaos riding on top of a moving vehicle and was still escaping the military on top of the car...

now THIS is a sandbox game... holy shit there's a bunch of stuff to blow up and lots of map to do it in... i am not sure how hooked i'll get but, i see some good 'ol fashion destruction everywhere i go... i am sure it will suffice...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 1 2010, 04:00 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 1 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #122

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 31 2010, 11:59 PM) *
ok, my first impressions are, jawdrop.gif...

i've cleared out 4 bases 100% already and i've done 2 missions, one faction mission and one faction stronghold... and the completion percentage only says 3%... the scale of panau is just amazing... i leaped off the mountain near the stronghold i took over and it took some time before i even needed to pull the chute biggrin.gif... and i couldn't believe how long it took to reach the main city in the middle in a helicopter and the fact that it took almost as long to freefall and parachute into the city... wow... i think i will have more fun in this sandbox than i did in empire city... and the fact that i've barely touched the missions and already have unlocked some good weapons is enough for me to barely waste time with the missions...

it's the saboteur all over again , blowing up everything in a base laugh.gif... except this time i can blow up the main stuff with an equipped helicopter, then parachute in and clean up the rest on foot... i thought i was going to get annoyed with the enemies but, they're only persistent in the bases, which makes sense... crippling the communication tower eliminates some of that... outside of them, if you kill them and flee the scene, you usually get away... hell, i was causing a ton of chaos riding on top of a moving vehicle and was still escaping the military on top of the car...

now THIS is a sandbox game... holy shit there's a bunch of stuff to blow up and lots of map to do it in... i am not sure how hooked i'll get but, i see some good 'ol fashion destruction everywhere i go... i am sure it will suffice...

Welcome to the party.

Did you buy or rent? This is one of those games you can literally play forever. Maybe not forever, but yeah. There are SO many towns and cities to discover and destroy. The missions are good, but the real excitement is in the exploration of the land. I wish Just Cause 2 had RDR's animal presence/ecosystem in place - it would make for more excitement while trekking through the jungle, but I guess that would really take away from the focus of the game - to blow shit up and kill some Asian motherfuckers.

Be sure to find Lost Island, the obvious titty club in the sky, the whale, the shark, the hot-air balloon and the ski resort.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 1 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #123

rented... and it's still going for $40 so, i am not purchasing just yet... but, i could see myself purchasing this in the future... it looks like it offers hours upon hours of exploration...

i thought i spotted a blimp way off in the distance but, it was so far away that i had no desire to go there just yet... i haven't even found a plane yet, just helicopters... are those all the easter eggs you listed or are there more?? i might do some exploring tonight but, i also want to blow up a bunch of stuff as well...

i still can't get over the scale of the game... i remember messing around in the demo but, i didn't actually realize how big it was until i flew to the city in the middle... that's just amazing...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 1 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #124

Boss
Group Icon

They're not all easter eggs, and those aren't all of them anyway.

I have had the game since release day and there are still towns and cities I haven't discovered yet.

I'm done with the storyline and 69% done with the map - there are cities I haven't even made it to yet to discover.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 1 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #125

yea, i am just working the mountaintops in the north right now, and doing missions for the reavers, i think that's what they're called... once cool thing i noticed yesterday, which encouraged me to basejump off the mountain was, the menu map is 3D!! it was then that i realized i was on top of one of the tallest peaks on the map and i HAD TO jump off it to see what it would look like...

if by the end of my 5 night rental i am sucked into this world, i might consider buying it sooner... but, i really think i can hold off until after new vegas because, i still have dragon age to beat again, and i have my "evil dead" fallout 3 file left to play before new vegas... but holy shit this game world is quite impressive...

EDIT: a couple questions...

1) is there a garage to store vehicles in??

2) do you have to pay every time to get a vehicle from the black market?? i noticed that i did unlock a plane so, i might buy one and see where it takes me...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 1 2010, 05:19 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Sep 2 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #126

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

No, yes.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 2 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #127

damn... well, i am up to 4% now biggrin.gif... 8 2/3 of locations have been cleared... 2/3 because i managed to die when i destoyed the only water tower in town... next thing i knew, the whole town turned on me laugh.gif... so, i didn't get the last repair crate before they got me...

bought a plane but didn't save... i used it to fly out to the LOST island... even though i know nothing about the show, it was still pretty cool to see the plane crash and hatch... no one told me my plane was going to get struck down by lightning though laugh.gif... that was surprising...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 2 2010, 12:26 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 3 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #128

had another mini-session with this game yesterday and did the first stronghold for the roaches... do they all play out the same? it felt exactly like the first stronghold for the reapers... but, i am a little frustrated with the base i just eradicated because, i am at 97% and i've been back an forth through the base but, i can't find the final kit or propaganda that i need to collect or destroy... that's one thing that gets to me with these bases... when there is one thing left, it takes a lot of time and effort to find it...

i've gotten pretty good at the grapple-hook/parachute thing though... it's rather fun to do too biggrin.gif... it makes traveling a lot easier and less of a chore inside bases... i literally climbed up a mountain doing this as well, which was really sweet...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 3 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #129

Boss
Group Icon

There's probably a weapons crate or something you're missing. Up in the top corner of your map there is a little signal deal that blinks as you get closer to the crates.

Those last ones are always fuckers, but usually if you fly around the base area you'll pick up a signal. Sometimes it's outside of the limits of the actual base - look for little landmarks or gas stations, etc.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 4 2010, 04:31 AM
Post #130

thanks for telling me about that flashing signal... i had no clue what that meant laugh.gif... hell, now i have no problem clearing bases anymore... now i am finding that generators are the easiest ones to miss, lol... i walked around one base for 10 minutes and i was standing next the mother fucker and didn't even realize it until i turned around... looks like a shipping container to me...

i'm up to 10% now... i've cleared out pretty much every coastline location that's west/south-west of the giant mountain range... i think it last said i cleared out 25+ locations... i've been to the mile-high club and i've also stood on the tallest spot in panau... i even took my helicopter to as high as the map would let me and skydived all the way to 30 feet from the water... holy shit that was cool... this game is addicting...

i'm buying this game one day but, i am not in a rush to get it... i'll mess around some more until sunday night then i'll return it but, i will buy it one day... i'm convinced that it's something i could pop in at any time when i feel the need to blow shit up, explore, stunt, or just plain mess around...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 6 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #131

i returned this yesterday... but, not before i got in another hour session with it before work... yea, i officially have a second job now, a part-time job working in the cafeteria at our local brewery (pretty easy job too, just making sandwiches)... and you know what, with that extra revenue, i might go out and buy just cause 2 biggrin.gif...

i am beginning to slowly move away from dragon age... i am just not finding the motivation to continue on with my rogue file and dread the idea of starting a new mage file after that... maybe i might go back to it later this year or next year but, i am kind of itching to play just cause 2 more...

i did a few missions and an agency mission before i returned it and had some fun... i like the fact that now when i infiltrate a military base, they send backup in the form of paratroopers laugh.gif... it's getting a little tougher to take out bases, which makes it a little more fun... and if you die, no big deal... it still counts all the shit you blew up before-hand... and makes finishing off the base easier when you come back to it...

i'm loving it though, i might celebrate my new job by purchasing this game biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 5 2010, 05:20 AM
Post #132

Attached File  justcause2.jpg ( 74.72K ) Number of downloads: 4

i told myself i was going to buy this when it dropped under $20... gamestop is running a used game special and i took advantage... although, something tells me this game is about to be nearing that price-range anyways... i bought this and a cheap hockey game because it's the only "under $10" sports game genre i like that i don't own... the '08 games are under $10 these days, now's the time to waste money on them...

anyways, in the first 10 seconds i managed to grapple myself about 500 yards above my starting point... it's like riding a bike biggrin.gif... and then i proceeded to lob a grenade at some military folk... still need to adjust the gears on the bike i guess, lol...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 6 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #133

Boss
Group Icon

So you've got it?

I've been looking for another copy since I traded mine off a few months back.

Under $20 is a good time to repurchase this. I'm still going for the 75% achievement and the Hardcore achievement.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Dec 9 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #134

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

I bought it for 5 on the Steam sale last it was on...

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 17 2011, 03:47 AM
Post #135

yup, that's my video right there, with my nifty little PS3-version video recorder... i've been on a just cause 2 rampage the last few days when i've had the chance... i've been to two parties and playing this in my spare time...

and skydiving never gets old biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:33 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4