IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is your most memorable moment?, whilst playihg GTA3?
bOnEs
post Sep 23 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #41

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Sep 17 2009, 09:00 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 16 2009, 10:20 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 16 2009, 03:49 PM) *
It sucks. When i get into the gaming industry, I'm going to promise myself to concentrate on making games that have a decent co-op offline feature!

I don't care what games you work on, I'm sold after that quote. Consider my $60 your own.

meh, i think that the gaming industry makes what gamers want

it truly does... it's not a reflection of the opinions on this board but, most gamers don't want an offline co-op because, most gamers enjoy playing with random strangers online... i call this the "halo" effect... most gamers tend to only know a couple of people that would play a game (like myself who don't have any serious gamers as friends, just casual gamers)... there's not a market for offline co-op anymore... tis a sad era we live in indeed...

dup, i will buy your games... your statement sounds like your the voice of the old-school gamer biggrin.gif... we are not dead yet, stupid online fanboys...

EDIT: i take back that statement i just made... casual gamers care not to go online and play, it's those kinds of people that would enjoy the offline co-op with a friend... so, it's not dead but, it's on it's last breath... casual gamers make up the biggest chunk of the gaming market thanks to the wii... and look at all the damn offline co-op games you find on the wii!! don't ignore that sony and M$...

LBP is the only game i play that has offline co-op... the other one i own that i don't play anymore is LEGO star wars laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 23 2009, 02:59 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 23 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #42

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 23 2009, 03:53 PM) *
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Sep 17 2009, 09:00 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 16 2009, 10:20 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 16 2009, 03:49 PM) *
It sucks. When i get into the gaming industry, I'm going to promise myself to concentrate on making games that have a decent co-op offline feature!

I don't care what games you work on, I'm sold after that quote. Consider my $60 your own.

meh, i think that the gaming industry makes what gamers want

it truly does... it's not a reflection of the opinions on this board but, most gamers don't want an offline co-op because, most gamers enjoy playing with random strangers online... i call this the "halo" effect... most gamers tend to only know a couple of people that would play a game (like myself who don't have any serious gamers as friends, just casual gamers)... there's not a market for offline co-op anymore... tis a sad era we live in indeed...

dup, i will buy your games... your statement sounds like your the voice of the old-school gamer biggrin.gif... we are not dead yet, stupid online fanboys...

EDIT: i take back that statement i just made... casual gamers care not to go online and play, it's those kinds of people that would enjoy the offline co-op with a friend... so, it's not dead but, it's on it's last breath... casual gamers make up the biggest chunk of the gaming market thanks to the wii... and look at all the damn offline co-op games you find on the wii!! don't ignore that sony and M$...

LBP is the only game i play that has offline co-op... the other one i own that i don't play anymore is LEGO star wars laugh.gif...

It's just that my partner likes to play games with me a lot of the time too. And when i do have friends around i enjoy playing console with them. I still like online play, i mean LBP has offline and online entwined. So this is something that games companies should also work on. Being able to play online with people in the same room as you is a pretty good thing imo.

on-topic:
I would have loved GTAIII to be multiplayer. That would have made the best game of the era just that bit better.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seeen
post Sep 29 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #43

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,816
PSN Name: SeeenRulez

Two times:

1. The first time I played, I came. So insane! A whole city to fully explore?! Checking out every square foot, just because you could.

2. I remember being really stoned, and I was driving a bus around Staunton Island during sunrise when it was really foggy out, listening to Double Clef and that song that they use in the trailer was playing. I remember thinking that this is what the fuck ALL video games should be like.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DANNY B0Y
post Oct 14 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #44

Ruffian

Member No.: 56,550

Actually playing it. I bought it in 2004 and I was glued to it. I bought San Andreas, LCS and VCS on the PS2. I got an Xbox 360 with GTA IV. Playing GTA III sparked off my GTA addiction.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Oct 15 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #45

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Sep 23 2009, 05:16 PM) *
on-topic:
I would have loved GTAIII to be multiplayer. That would have made the best game of the era just that bit better.

dont you think that rockstar pushed the boat out enough in the first place? the amount of effort that went into the game to make the leap from the top down view was amazing and adding multiplayer was probably the last thing on their mind.

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 15 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #46

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

I was totally blown away by GTAIII at the time because it was exactly the kind of game I had planned out in my head all along. I always thought that if I could make a game it would be just like that, so for me it really was a dream come true.

I suppose my most memorable moment would be dragging a taxi driver out of his car and driving off in it. I smashed into anything and everything and thought, "WTF, am I even controlling this?" - because I didn't know the controls.

This post has been edited by marney1: Oct 15 2009, 06:17 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Oct 17 2009, 06:38 AM
Post #47

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

I remember trying to search out every corner in Portland..to see everything. smile.gif

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
new major on the...
post Nov 15 2009, 01:55 AM
Post #48

Pickpocket

Member No.: 34,134
PSN Name: ARCHmajor

On one mission when i was working for the italians the chinese started invading the area and i had like 2 italian gangsters with me. We went around blasting the chinese. When i auto targeted to shoot one of the chinese who was beating up on one of the italians on the street corner, it accidently targeted the italian and i shot him. After the fight was over with, the bodyguards were hassling me and talking smack to me cause i shot one of their guys. Throughout the rest of the mission when we drove to china town to do something they were like aiming their guns at me and saying shit and even firing a few shots at me when we got out of the car.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DANNY B0Y
post Dec 7 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #49

Ruffian

Member No.: 56,550

^He means Triads + Tribulations. I'm starting to get back into this game now.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Canadianbacon123
post Jan 31 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #50

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,475
XBL Gamertag: Lockdown12345

I know it's a big thread bump, but oh well.

My most memorable moment was playing the game for the 1st time, thinking that this was the best (and best looking) game I've ever played. The huge (by then's standards) city to explore and do pretty much whatever the hell you wanted and just laughing at all the mayhem you were causing. That's what gaming should still be like, now it's too competitive to see who is the best at this or the best at that and it takes a lot of the fun away when people are fucking crybabies because they lost.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jan 31 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #51

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE (Canadianbacon123 @ Jan 31 2010, 10:51 AM) *
I know it's a big thread bump, but oh well.

My most memorable moment was playing the game for the 1st time, thinking that this was the best (and best looking) game I've ever played. The huge (by then's standards) city to explore and do pretty much whatever the hell you wanted and just laughing at all the mayhem you were causing. That's what gaming should still be like, now it's too competitive to see who is the best at this or the best at that and it takes a lot of the fun away when people are fucking crybabies because they lost.

I wouldn't worry about bumping the only topic. tongue.gif

And I agree about things being different today. III had a cartoony feel to it because it was a true game. It wasn't completely about being realistic, it was more about fun.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jacko
post Feb 15 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #52

GTA King

Member No.: 57,636
XBL Gamertag: KemppaBoyz
PSN Name: JackoFIN

My most memorable moment would have to be the final mission what was it called "The Exchange" where you had to escape from the Cartel-mansion and chase that trecherous bitch Catalina while she tried to escape with a chopper. And finally the game would end with a bang on top of the Cochrane Dam and Claude fighting a waves of Colombians. I found that mission to be just the perfect way to settle the score between Claude and Catalina. It's definitely one of the best ending missions in the entire history of the III-era.

This post has been edited by Jacko90: Feb 15 2010, 09:52 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 07:56 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4