IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General New Vegas Topic, pre-game/post-game discussion...
bOnEs
post Feb 4 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #1

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

--> CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL TRAILER <--

"Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland. A word of warning, however - while Vault-Tec engineers have prepared for every contingency,* in Vegas, fortunes can change in an instant. Enjoy your stay.

* Should not be construed as a legally-binding claim."

-----------------------------------
.: PREVIEW :.
here's some scans from the playstation magazine preview... it's a GREAT read...
Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7
.: IMAGES :.

--> MORE IMAGES HERE <--
.: I WILL BE UPDATING THIS POST AS SOON AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE :.

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 19 2010, 12:21 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 4 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I was just about to make this thread - thought you had gotten lazy.

Well, I officially have a reason to postpone my impending suicide through Christmas.

Trailer looks awesome, from the flag shown in the trailer, it looks like New California Republic is involved. Perhaps this one will go back to the factions in Fallout 2, which was set on the West Coast.

Fallout New Vegas was announced by Bethesda last year. The game is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a studio comprised of many developers who worked on earlier Fallout games...

Fallout: New Vegas is not being made by Bethesda's in-house team, led by designer Todd Howard. That group, which has worked on one big game at a time, from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in 2006 to Fallout 3 in 2008 appeared to be on an every-other-year pace for game releases.

http://kotaku.com/5464157/fallout-new-vega...or-fall-release

Kind of disheartening news. I thought Bethesda did a fantastic job with Fallout 3. I hope New Vegas isn't a step in the wrong direction.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 4 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #3

yea, me too... i think they are using the fallout 3 build but, tweaking the leveling system and perks... i just hope it doesn't feel like a different game... and i don't think bethesda would allow them to change the formula from something that was proven to be a great success...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 4 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #4

Boss
Group Icon

That's what I'm thinking too. Very excited for this.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 4 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 4 2010, 12:12 PM) *
Trailer looks awesome, from the flag shown in the trailer, it looks like New California Republic is involved. Perhaps this one will go back to the factions in Fallout 2, which was set on the West Coast.

i might need to brush up a little on my fallout history because, i recall hearing about the new california republic... i might head to the fallout wikia site and do some story research on the first few fallouts because, didn't they all take place on the west coast? there is probably going to be a lot references to the older games throughout the new one...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Feb 4 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #6

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

Better hurry up and finish the Fallout 3 expansions. This game looks awesome.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 4 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #7

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 4 2010, 12:31 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 4 2010, 12:12 PM) *

i might need to brush up a little on my fallout history because, i recall hearing about the new california republic... i might head to the fallout wikia site and do some story research on the first few fallouts because, didn't they all take place on the west coast? there is probably going to be a lot references to the older games throughout the new one...

The first one was in California, I think the second one was more of the entire West Coast. Here's a map from the site.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 4 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #8

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I'm not going to bother with Fallout 3 now because I've got a busy time ahead of me with EFLC and RDR and this will be out by the time I'm bored with those.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 4 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #9

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 4 2010, 12:46 PM) *
I'm not going to bother with Fallout 3 now because I've got a busy time ahead of me with EFLC and RDR and this will be out by the time I'm bored with those.

You won't appreciate New Vegas without playing Fallout 3. Truth.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 4 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #10

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

Am I the only one who feels like this may be moving in the wrong direction? More features are good, sure, but Fallout has always been about story.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 4 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #11

well, we haven't even heard of what the story will consist of yet... speculation right now seems to revolve around the NCR and BoS... i guess from what i am gathering, the NCR are going to be the equivalent of the enclave from fallout 3?? anyways, speculation on the story seems to be that the NCR is either trying to get a hold of new vegas for themselves, or trying to keep new vegas as their territory...

the guy at the end of the video has a pipboy so, maybe you have to join the NCR or something... we'll know more in a couple of weeks...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Feb 4 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #12

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

I don't even have Fallout 3. And tbh I'm not sure if I want to get it. I don't like Fallout that much, there I said it...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 4 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Well, 3 didn't have anywhere near the deep level of immersion that 1 and 2 had. (I just nuked megaton, why the hell am I still chasing dad? etc)

It'll still be a fun game, to be sure, no matter what comes out.

--------------------

The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Feb 4 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #14

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

Vegas does sound tempting though...
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 4 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #15

Boss
Group Icon

Pretty good analysis of the trailer over at Kotaku.

Check it out.
http://kotaku.com/5464290/analyzing-the-fa...railer/gallery/
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 4 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

About the scary cowboy dude. Fallout isn't going to replace their Pip-Boy guy anytime soon, right?

edit - that's Richard Rodgers - blue moon, if I'm not mistaken. A copy of it doesn't exist online, yet, so I can't confirm.

This post has been edited by Geert Wilders: Feb 4 2010, 11:50 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 5 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #17

nah, i think he's just an advertisement... but, that red glow seems to be the most interesting aspect of that trailer for me... what the hell is that? i mean, i can clearly see he's wearing some sort of gas mask but, where does the red glow come from?

here's a bigger, higher quality trailer video straight from the source... as well as the current write-up...

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/teaser.php

"Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland. A word of warning, however - while Vault-Tec engineers have prepared for every contingency,* in Vegas, fortunes can change in an instant. Enjoy your stay.

i like the heavy piano sounds you hear when they reveal the logo... it gave me goosebumps when i saw it the first time...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Feb 5 2010, 12:54 AM
Post #18

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 4 2010, 11:35 PM) *
About the scary cowboy dude. Fallout isn't going to replace their Pip-Boy guy anytime soon, right?

edit - that's Richard Rodgers - blue moon, if I'm not mistaken. A copy of it doesn't exist online, yet, so I can't confirm.

It's the Tony Bennett version. The original Richard Rodgers version can be heard on LastFM.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 5 2010, 02:18 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (t1nyt3rr4h @ Feb 4 2010, 07:54 PM) *
QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 4 2010, 11:35 PM) *

It's the Tony Bennett version. The original Richard Rodgers version can be heard on LastFM.

Ah, you're right. Why didn't I think of that? Very appropriate.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 4 2010, 07:00 PM) *
nah, i think he's just an advertisement... but, that red glow seems to be the most interesting aspect of that trailer for me... what the hell is that? i mean, i can clearly see he's wearing some sort of gas mask but, where does the red glow come from?

here's a bigger, higher quality trailer video straight from the source... as well as the current write-up...

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/teaser.php

i like the heavy piano sounds you hear when they reveal the logo... it gave me goosebumps when i saw it the first time...

With that version, you can also see the same red glow cast on the ground.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 5 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #20

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 4 2010, 12:46 PM) *

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Feb 4 2010, 02:59 PM) *
I don't even have Fallout 3. And tbh I'm not sure if I want to get it. I don't like Fallout that much, there I said it...

You are both faggots.

Anyone else slightly unsettled by the fact that it looks more like a modern version of Fallout 1 + 2's graphics than Fallout 3's? A little more cartoony? I mean, of course I'll play it anyway, but...

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post

21 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 05:38 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4