DuPz0r
post Jan 12 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I just rented DarkSiders today. First impressions are good. Put simply, it feels like { Soul Reaver/GoW/Devil May Cry.

Intro:
You play as a bulky demon man called War, and you accidentally opened a seal between the demon world and the human world. Once the seal was broken, all the bad demons ravaged mankind and you have to stop them by taking out the main bad guy. That's pretty much what you get told at the start of the game anyway.

I'm enjoying the gameplay so far, it has a nice range of unlockables and abilities. The combat is intense, you get to pull off some amazing devil may cry style combos. The enemies are great too. Some are huge like something out of God of War.

The game is pretty challenging at times too. But it doesn't get that frustrating which is good.

The graphics aren't as good as most modern games in HD 1080p, but aren't so bad you'll be staring at the screen wondering if that's a door or a window. It seems slightly cell shaded or "comic book" look though.

Sound 7/10
Graphics 6.5/10
Gameplay 9/10

Overall 8/10

So... Has anyone else picked up a copy of this yet?

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jan 12 2010, 10:52 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 12 2010, 10:53 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 12 2010, 05:50 PM) *
Overall 8/10

So... Has anyone else picked up a copy of this yet?

I was trying to decide between this and Dante's Inferno. Since I read the book in highschool, I opted for The Inferno.

I'll probably end up borrowing it from a friend at some point.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 12 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #3

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

yea, i think i am passing on this, bayonetta and dante's inferno... i played the demo of the latter and thought it was good but, i just don't feel that into the genre anymore... so much so that, i am not even sure i want to play god of war III now... i'll just borrow it from the friend that i know will be getting it...

but, i like the concept of dante's inferno and darksiders... darksiders has you playing as a member of the four horsemen biggrin.gif... war... and dante's inferno has you playing as a guy going through the depths of hell... games like this nowadays seem to tear a page out of the god of war book... they all seem like a god of war game and i guess that's good... if it weren't for GTA, i wouldn't of ever played saints row 2, scarface or the saboteur... but, i've slowly fallen away from this genre for some reason...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jan 12 2010, 11:01 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 12 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #4

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 12 2010, 10:59 PM) *
yea, i think i am passing on this, bayonetta and dante's inferno... i played the demo of the latter and thought it was good but, i just don't feel that into the genre anymore... so much so that, i am not even sure i want to play god of war III now... i'll just borrow it from the friend that i know will be getting it...

but, i like the concept of dante's inferno and darksiders... darksiders has you playing as a member of the four horsemen biggrin.gif... war... and dante's inferno has you playing as a guy going through the depths of hell... games like this nowadays seem to tear a page out of the god of war book... they all seem like a god of war game and i guess that's good... if it weren't for GTA, i wouldn't of ever played saints row 2, scarface or the saboteur... but, i've slowly fallen away from this genre for some reason...

Yeah i agree with you. I haven't played any games like this since GoW 1. I never even played 2. I like this game, but i couldn't buy it. It was a rent only. I only buy games these days if I'm sure I'll really like it, before I've even played it. And i know I'm going to play it loads.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jan 12 2010, 11:16 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 13 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #5

Boss
Group Icon

I never got into this kind of genre to begin with. Never played Devil May Cry or God of War series, don't care about Bayonetta really (might check it out), but Dante's Inferno has piqued my interest. Like playing GTAIV for it's resemblance to NYC, playing Saboteur for it's resemblance of Paris, I want to see the video game version of the hell I envisioned in 9th grade while reading this book for Freshman English. I also made a pretty badass video using stop-motion and LEGO's for my class presentation of the book. Pretty fucking groundbreaking for it's time, that was back in '96. For Cerberus: I tied my two dachshunds together with a Snoopy stuffed animal. Fucking epic.

Anyway, Dante's Inferno it is. I'll play Darksiders when I can pick it up for $30, right now the last thing I need is another 3rd person action hack and slash game to pileup my backlog.

This post has been edited by Stoic Person Eater: Jan 13 2010, 02:24 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Jan 13 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #6

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

These games have ran their course for me since Devil May Cry 4. I really don't play these types anymore, there just all the same to me. I think if I had the choice, I would go for Bayonetta, or GoW3 if it was out.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 13 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #7

the bayonetta demo was boring... that's more along the lines of devil may cry since she has guns... but, the cheesy japanese music turned me off and the gameplay seemed, chaotic? and not in a good way...

dante's inferno was a pretty fun demo i might add... it was pretty epic...

and i've played and beat GOW 1 and 2 but, like i said, the genre is slowly fading for me... the one thing GOW always had though was incredibly epic battles and environments... and i am sure the 3rd has that and a bag of chips so, i might still be interested in getting it... but, darksiders to me, is just another one in the crowded bin full of hack-n-slashes...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 13 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #8

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 13 2010, 01:22 PM) *
the bayonetta demo was boring... that's more along the lines of devil may cry since she has guns... but, the cheesy japanese music turned me off and the gameplay seemed, chaotic? and not in a good way...

The demo nearly gave me epilepsy. Too much shit going on onscreen.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 13 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Still Standing
Group Icon

I hated the Bayonetta demo. The action was may to fast and had crap animation crap graphics, and crap story from what i could see. I'd pick this over bayonetta but i'm not sure about dante's inferno as i've not played it yet.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 13 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 13 2010, 02:11 PM) *
I hated the Bayonetta demo. The action was may to fast and had crap animation crap graphics, and crap story from what i could see.

the funny thing is, reviewers and game sites are praising bayonetta as revolutionary in the hack-n-slash genre... i laugh at those comments because, it was far from that in my opinion... maybe the full game offers a little more but, the demo didn't do it any justice...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Jan 13 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #11

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 13 2010, 02:34 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 13 2010, 02:11 PM) *
I hated the Bayonetta demo. The action was may to fast and had crap animation crap graphics, and crap story from what i could see.

the funny thing is, reviewers and game sites are praising bayonetta as revolutionary in the hack-n-slash genre... i laugh at those comments because, it was far from that in my opinion... maybe the full game offers a little more but, the demo didn't do it any justice...

Yeah, I personally didn't like it too much, I really didn't think it deserved a 9/10, when I first played it, I thought it was maybe a 6.5, then the reviews came out, "Best of E3," really? But my friend owns it and he says the demo is shit, but the game itself is pretty good.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 24 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #12

Still Standing
Group Icon

Well, this game is due back soon. I rented it for an extra week because i was so into it, and couldn't just not play it ever again.

I've not been able to play it constantly since I've had it, but I've managed to clock over 15 hours and haven't completed it. It is actually a really amazing game once you get 5-10 hours into it. You unlock some upgraded abilities, and get a load of new weapons like an infinite ammo handgun, a scythe, a teleporter which is like the orange box teleport gun. You get a horse which pretty much handles just like the one in Assassins Creed. But has awesome flames on its feet and has a special charge which is needed to kill a Boss. Amazing game all the way through. I understand now why it got a 10/10 in play US magazine. I just don't think people have given this game a chance because there are so many games out there like this.

Anyway, i think i have two more boss fights left and 10 parts of an ancient armour left to find and i've completed it.

My suggestion is; PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME, EVEN IF IT IS JUST A RENT, IT IS WELL WORTH IT!

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jan 24 2010, 12:01 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 25 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #13

Boss
Group Icon

One of my friends is going to let me borrow his copy later this week. I'll check it out.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Mar 31 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #14

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

i didn't even notice this topic.
i played the demo and i was just straight out bored. the whole time i was just playing and wondering when it will be over. i did not expect a 90 minute demo.
I had heard good things about the game but the demo just put me off it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 31 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #15

Boss
Group Icon

I still haven't bothered to check this out. Way too much in my backlog.

My friend did give me his secret code from Darksiders and I just received my free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla in the mail. Anyone play that?
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Apr 3 2010, 08:28 AM
Post #16

Still Standing
Group Icon

90 minute Demo??? The game is kind of boring at first. It just seems very generic. But if you give it a chance, it starts to differ from the generic 3rd person combo buster.

I have Red Faction. Awesomely addictive destroying everything, even though it gets repeatative, it's still really fun.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Apr 3 2010, 08:28 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Apr 3 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #17

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Apr 3 2010, 03:28 AM) *
90 minute Demo???
well, it took me a little longer than that, but it's pretty much the whole Twilight Cathedral level.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Apr 5 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #18

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Apr 3 2010, 07:05 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Apr 3 2010, 03:28 AM) *
90 minute Demo???
well, it took me a little longer than that, but it's pretty much the whole Twilight Cathedral level.

Shame, the Cathedral is mostly the weakest part of the game.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 05:10 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4