> inception, a great film :d
Heartless
post Jul 30 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #21

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

So, leonardo decaprio has made you more "conscious" of your dreams? Because that guy from 3rd Rock was in it and wasn't playing a goofball, you felt compelled to comb the internet looking for theories and meanings of a film? (Hint: it doesn't have one) Don't except something as fantastic just because everything else is shit - or because everyone is telling you it is.

And come on, the Matrix was a lot better. It had a manson song.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 30 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #22

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jul 30 2010, 11:17 AM) *
So, leonardo decaprio has made you more "conscious" of your dreams? Because that guy from 3rd Rock was in it and wasn't playing a goofball, you felt compelled to comb the internet looking for theories and meanings of a film? (Hint: it doesn't have one) Don't except something as fantastic just because everything else is shit - or because everyone is telling you it is.

I've always been interested the process of dreaming and I am often fascinated by some of my dreams. I loved Eternal Mind and the Cell (haven't seen Dark City) and their views on the subconscious going-ons inside our head. I just enjoyed the way Inception put everything together. It was a good MOVIE. It was very entertaining to watch a "heist" taking place in someone's subconscious. Some of the ideas brought up, like the dream within a dream and Limbo were very well executed and were a welcomed perspective to any dreamer.

I didn't search the internet for theories, rather they were presented in another forum I frequent - which ironically has more posts and members, likely because silly theories are being discussed and not just shit on. I know there is no meaning to the movie. When it ends, all it was - was a 120 minute cinematic experience. It hasn't changed my life - but it did entertain me.

The first Matrix was good, the other ones sucked major cock.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 30 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #23

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

So, I saw 500 Days of Summer. Pretty good.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 30 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #24

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jul 30 2010, 03:10 PM) *
So, I saw 500 Days of Summer. Pretty good.

Oh please, there is nothing in 500 Days of Summer that hasn't been done in Annie Hall, High Fidelity or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. What you liked it because the little faggot from Angels in the Outfield writes greeting cards and experiences true love (there's no such thing)? Don't see this movie if you're looking for a romantic comedy that might be enjoyable just because Massacre said so. He's not even a real film critic. He might not even be a real person, but a robot sent from the future to rape us and give bad movie recommendations.

And come on, the Matrix was a lot better. It had Morpheus.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 30 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #25

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Lawrence Fishbourne was better in Boyz in the Hood.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 30 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #26

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

he was good in event horizon too... that's a creepy one right there...

still haven't seen this yet... waiting for a friend from work to get a good digital copy so i can watch it on my PS3...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 30 2010, 09:52 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Jul 31 2010, 03:37 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 30 2010, 12:52 PM) *
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jul 30 2010, 11:17 AM) *

I've always been interested the process of dreaming and I am often fascinated by some of my dreams. I loved Eternal Mind and the Cell (haven't seen Dark City) and their views on the subconscious going-ons inside our head. I just enjoyed the way Inception put everything together. It was a good MOVIE. It was very entertaining to watch a "heist" taking place in someone's subconscious. Some of the ideas brought up, like the dream within a dream and Limbo were very well executed and were a welcomed perspective to any dreamer.

I didn't search the internet for theories, rather they were presented in another forum I frequent - which ironically has more posts and members, likely because silly theories are being discussed and not just shit on. I know there is no meaning to the movie. When it ends, all it was - was a 120 minute cinematic experience. It hasn't changed my life - but it did entertain me.

The first Matrix was good, the other ones sucked major cock.

Well, at least your honest, in that you're a whiny little shit who can't stand these forums. If that's your real beef, take it somewhere else. I never really understood this stoic fad - you're just some guy with a tiny prick who wanders on here and trolls anyone who remotely disagrees with you. By all means, if you're getting a better asshole tonguing somewhere else, fuck off and enjoy it then. Otherwise I stand by my assertion that this movie is overrated and is nothing to get excited about. What - they make some passing pseudo-philisophical musing about dreams and everyone goes crazy? That's it? The guy took over ten years to make this film - not because he was perfecting it but because he was stuffing it with every latest gadget and CGI technique that came out. The dreams were boring. So many have already compared the matrix, so I'll take it a step further. In many of the scenes involving the computer world, they used body doubles and twins/triplets to convey a feeling that everyone was the same. Only, you'd never notice because you're never really paying attention. Sentiments like that are far more compelling then a dream within a dream. (Thank you Poe, btw)

--------------------

The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 31 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #28

Boss
Group Icon

You've read Poe? What a genius!

I was being honest about what a shit head you are on these forums. You call me a troll? Read back over the this thread. You make lame insults based on this movie. Sorry you didn't like the movie, don't know why you have to get all high-and-mighty about it. If anyone ever wants a fatass shithead perspective on a movie, they should ask you. Otherwise, stick your "holier-than-thou" attitude up your ass.

I think you might be a little jealous that members of this site like me more than you. Poor baby. Suck my cock.
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Aug 1 2010, 04:27 AM
Post #29

Leece

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,792

Yeah anyway agree with Heartless...Most people thought Avatar was mind-blowing because random shit floated towards you, afraid this is no different.

This post has been edited by 0bs3n3: Aug 1 2010, 04:32 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Aug 1 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Aug 1 2010, 12:27 AM) *
Yeah anyway agree with Heartless...Most people thought Avatar was mind-blowing because random shit floated towards you, afraid this is no different.

lol.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 1 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #31

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I got it just now. About to sit and watch it with my wife. I'll comment on my thoughts afterwards.

/edit.

Wow, what a fucking interesting film. I really liked the concept of dreams within dreams and planting info in peoples heads. The ending got me though. I think i'll stick with the happier ending smile.gif In case i go nuts thinking too deep about it.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 1 2010, 11:28 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
cuda is your boi
post Aug 9 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #32

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

watched it today, was alright. i don't know, might of missed something.

i was hoping for a really complex twist.

one thing i didn't quite get, when dicaprio and the girl end up in the "4th level" dream state, this is limbo? he goes about how it's the world he created with his wife, but then he has to save the asian guy? on that realm?

i also got a bit caught up in the part where dicaprio tests the sedatives, when he wakes up he is washing his face and checks the totem, thought that scene could have been a potential twist later on...

--------------------

I AM NOT A LIER SIR PLEASE DONT CALL ME ONE I SEEN THE WEB SITE WOULD U LIKE TO C IT?

Achievements

+Quote Post
cuda is your boi
post Aug 10 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #33

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

fuck.

i had to watch this a second time today, i'm leaning towards not actually liking this movie that much.

the end was supposed to leave us thinking if the totem was going to stop spinning or not, personally, i think it does, since it looks like it's losing speed, and that never happened before.

on a different level, i understood how Cobb was nuts about reality, he was constantly using the totem to make sure he was awake, this could be because of the nature of his business: espionage into dreams, after a while everyone would be paranoid, but also because we know his wife kinda descended into madness when she considered their dream state a true reality. i understand how the necessity to see his kids took over his constant need to make sure he was awake, walking away from the totem in the end scene clearly explains that.

now, the dream into dream into dream etc etc thing i didn't find too fantastic, it's pure science fiction, it didn't open my mind at all about dreams...

then there's the big list of possible plot holes (possible as in, i'm not trying to state 100% facts here):

so, fischer is trained in dream invasion, he can obviously recognize EVERYONE in the plane, but still doesn't say a damn thing? ugh, did i miss something here?

why did Cobb plant an idea in his wifes head? why not just kill her? she would wake up and truly realize she was dreaming...

why not show her the totem? it would clearly prove she was wrong?

why didn't Cobb off himself, wake her up with a "kick", and be done with that?

how in the fuck is fischers dad in the snow dream? eames would have to play the roll, but he was busy killing everyone (here i felt i was watching a rambo movie), fischer clearly only understood the word "disappointed" before, now he gets the full message?

This post has been edited by cuda is your boi: Aug 10 2010, 05:59 PM

--------------------

I AM NOT A LIER SIR PLEASE DONT CALL ME ONE I SEEN THE WEB SITE WOULD U LIKE TO C IT?

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:41 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4