> My acer laptop
Comet Response
post Apr 14 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 57,219

QUOTE (El-Nino @ Apr 7 2010, 08:34 PM) *
hate to revisit this but any help would be great. the laptop left button has gone again and i now sit on the brick of a pc at me parents with me dad stood behind me saying the older pcs are more reliable. grrr. anyway, the warranty ran out in December but with this being the 4th time the button has gone with the 5th overall fault, the consumer advice think ive got a great case for a refund/replacement. anybody know more on this subject, the sale of goods act and everything has been mentioned by the person at the consumer advice so im looking at all of that now.

Hi El-Nino,

My nameís Matt and Iím from Comet.

It was disappointing to learn of the problems that you are experiencing with your Acer laptop, and that the information you have recently received in store has not been helpful.

After discussing this matter with our Multimedia department, and seeking advice from the manufacturer, they have confirmed that there are no known reasons why the touchpad and mouse buttons would fail.

While our normal procedure would be to conduct a chargeable repair as the laptop is out of guarantee, I am concerned that this is the fifth time that you have experienced this problem. Therefore, so that I can investigate this matter further and understand the problems that you have experienced, please could you send me an e-mail via the link below.

https://comet.custhelp.com

You will need to register a few details with us to be able to send your e-mail in.

Thanks

Matt
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Apr 14 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #22

LFC

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

QUOTE (Comet Response @ Apr 14 2010, 03:59 PM) *
hate to revisit this but any help would be great. the laptop left button has gone again and i now sit on the brick of a pc at me parents with me dad stood behind me saying the older pcs are more reliable. grrr. anyway, the warranty ran out in December but with this being the 4th time the button has gone with the 5th overall fault, the consumer advice think ive got a great case for a refund/replacement. anybody know more on this subject, the sale of goods act and everything has been mentioned by the person at the consumer advice so im looking at all of that now.

Hi El-Nino,

It was disappointing to learn of the problems that you are experiencing with your Acer laptop, and that the information you have recently received in store has not been helpful.

After discussing this matter with our Multimedia department, and seeking advice from the manufacturer, they have confirmed that there are no known reasons why the touchpad and mouse buttons would fail.

While our normal procedure would be to conduct a chargeable repair as the laptop is out of guarantee, I am concerned that this is the fifth time that you have experienced this problem. Therefore, so that I can investigate this matter further and understand the problems that you have experienced, please could you send me an e-mail via the link below.

You will need to register a few details with us to be able to send your e-mail in.

Thanks

Matt

thanks for the reply matt but I know that any response from comet online is going to be extremely similar to the one I got from the manager in the widnes store. also, like I said before your reply, halton trading standards have stepped in and are doing everything on my behalf, they have more power than any average person like myself would have.

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Apr 15 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #23

Litterer
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 34,595

QUOTE (Comet Response @ Apr 14 2010, 03:59 PM) *

Hi El-Nino,

Thanks

Matt

If this isnt just an automatic response (and im pretty sure it is) Its a bit of a pisstake that you had to be threatened with legal action before you stepped in to do anything.
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Apr 15 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #24

LFC

Ive seen these on other forums before , cyantist. the only difference is that on the other forums the department they've been to is different and the reply is slightly different haha. anyway trading standards left a message on the answerphone today so Im ringing them back in the mornin to see what they said to comet, doubt its the end of the whole saga.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Spoiler
post Apr 17 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #25

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 26,196

QUOTE (El-Nino @ Apr 15 2010, 09:41 PM) *
Ive seen these on other forums before , cyantist. the only difference is that on the other forums the department they've been to is different and the reply is slightly different haha. anyway trading standards left a message on the answerphone today so Im ringing them back in the mornin to see what they said to comet, doubt its the end of the whole saga.

it's gone again? i think you should trade that laptop with new one if possible.. i heard hp laptops are less troublesome and service is not as bad as this.
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Apr 18 2010, 03:35 PM
Post #26

LFC

QUOTE (Spoiler @ Apr 17 2010, 02:09 PM) *
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Apr 15 2010, 09:41 PM) *

it's gone again? i think you should trade that laptop with new one if possible.. i heard hp laptops are less troublesome and service is not as bad as this.

its what im after, refund in store credit looks realistic. comet can't find any of the paperwork (funny isn't it) so trading standards have told them to "find it" before friday or they're going to contact the small claims court.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Apr 23 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #27

LFC

another update. trading standards have been useless, they said that the only thing that they've got from comet is exactly what we were told last time. the stupid woman even suggested that we let them inspect it. haha £45 for them to look at it and then price us for repairs. no chance. stuck at the moment looking for stuff to help, so all im asking is HELP, PLEASE! anyone that knows any ways of getting this stubborn company to budge, please let me know

This post has been edited by El-Nino: Apr 23 2010, 06:43 PM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Apr 26 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #28

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

Best Solution: Buy a Mac
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Apr 26 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #29

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

That doesn't solve any problems. If he bought a Mac he'd have a piece of shit computer and he'd be a douche.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Apr 26 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #30

LFC

QUOTE (E_Z @ Apr 26 2010, 04:22 PM) *

genius reply. even if I wanted to do this, I'd still be stuck with a fucked laptop. any suggestions on that front genius?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Apr 27 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #31

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

QUOTE (El-Nino @ Apr 26 2010, 12:38 PM) *

genius reply. even if I wanted to do this, I'd still be stuck with a fucked laptop. any suggestions on that front genius?

Buy a Macbook...?

*Brainfart*

Sell your peice-o-shit laptop to some idiot for a "used" price and don't tell him it's broken.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post May 21 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #32

Litterer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,595

QUOTE (El-Nino @ Apr 26 2010, 05:38 PM) *

Replace the shitty parts yourself. i ordered a replacement keyboard for a now 4+year old laptop last week and it was only £20 If you cant do it yourself someone hear could probably do it.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 06:16 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4