Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DJ Metal Monkey - April Funky House
Full Metal Monke...
post Apr 17 2009, 05:20 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,213

Finally got round to doing another mix. Its a Funky Electro House Mix.

I know alot of you lot on here probably wont like it but its a really uplifting mix and great to listen to before going out clubbing.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UV3XQJZW

Also check out my other mixes here

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Apr 17 2009, 05:53 AM
Post #2

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

Its not the kind of music I like but I did listen to some of your stuff and you do certainly seem to know what you're doing.
Like I say - not my scene but my brother would be bouncing round his house if he heard it he loves that kind of thing.

This post has been edited by marney1: Apr 17 2009, 02:42 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Apr 17 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #3

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Funky house is gettin big now. I think kardinal offishal an wale jumped the heads shoulder kneez toez beat, an then Fat Joe was on a funky beat too.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Apr 17 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Indy, im not so sure i agree with your comment about Funky house is coming back. Funky house has been back for the last 3 - 4 years now. What's coming back into fashion is Electro House. I've been telling people for the last few years that it is and they've all said practicly the same thing 'Fuck off, not it ain't' etc.

Over the last few years Funky house has actually gradually formed into the current Electro house you hear now. If you want a good example of electro house you should listen to my Monkee Magic - Pigsy Strikes Back mix. Its my favourite mix out of the ones ive uploaded and has some banging tunes on it - The Prodigy, Public Enemy vs Benny Benassi, Deadmau5, Discobitch etc.

Anything which is getting popular oversea's is a mix of Electro House, Garage and Trance called Fidget. Im personally not the biggest fan of Fidget. Its too......choppy, for what of a better word.

This post has been edited by Full Metal Monkey: Apr 17 2009, 04:34 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Apr 17 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #5

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

I'm mostly a hip hop fan so I don't listen to much music like this outside of clubs. But when my favourite artists jump on these sik beats then it becomes interesting. I love how grime is fusing with UK funky, garage, dub and bassline beats. I'm not too fond of electro though.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Apr 17 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(IndĽ @ Apr 17 2009, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1496554[/snapback]
I'm mostly a hip hop fan so I don't listen to much music like this outside of clubs. But when my favourite artists jump on these sik beats then it becomes interesting. I love how grime is fusing with UK funky, garage, dub and bassline beats. I'm not too fond of electro though.

You should check out my Pigsy Strikes Back mix though. Its got alot of 'hip-hop' orientated artists on it. And Electro House isn't as bad as what people seem to remember it being. Im listening to tune on iTunes now called Bump To This (Muzzaik Remix) and its Electro House but to the....un-informed (for want of a better word) could easilly mistake it for funky house or house.

Me, personally, i like every type of music - House, Garage, Hip-hop, Indie, Metal, Jazz - and my mixes i generally call 'Electro House' but could easilly be classed as Funky Electro House or Funky etc. Indy, i'd emplore you to listen to my Monkey Magic - Pigsy Strikes Back mix. Apreciate it for it being music, not for the style of music. And you'd be suprised.

Its some of the best tunes of 2008 and is a more 'likeable' electro house mix. Sold alot of copies of it on the street.

This post has been edited by Full Metal Monkey: Apr 17 2009, 05:05 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post Apr 17 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #7

Get off my Planet

Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

* doesn't download*
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Apr 17 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Apr 17 2009, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1496585[/snapback]
* doesn't download*

Stop spamming. diespam.gif

That comment has absolutely nothing to do with the original post or subsequent posts.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Apr 25 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Got a new mix uploaded its a hell of a lot better than the other one i posted.

Some of the tunes on here are going to be huge this summer.

Get the Funk out of my House (The Sound of the Summer) - http://www.digitaldeejay.com/index.php?act...s&s_id=2752

This time you can stream it incase you don't want to download it.

This post has been edited by Full Metal Monkey: Apr 25 2009, 01:19 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Apr 26 2009, 03:43 AM
Post #10

Goon
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Send me out an SOS! Ya know... it took me 19 years to final enjoy this stuff. I like your mix so far bro. And that's saying a lot.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Apr 26 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Dysrhythmia @ Apr 26 2009, 04:43 AM) [snapback]1498668[/snapback]
Send me out an SOS! Ya know... it took me 19 years to final enjoy this stuff. I like your mix so far bro. And that's saying a lot.

Cheers bud. That tune by The Police is one of my favourite house tunes ever. Its been around for about 3 or 4 years now but it still sounds current.

I used to hate house music when i was a kid because my dad is a DJ and he used to play it 24/7 but there are a few which are classics i used to love. One of them i used to call the 'Cowboy song' as it mentioned a white horse. But since i got to about 13-14 i started to get into DJing myself.

Any fool can mix to tunes together but its finding tunes which fit together and 'tell a story' as i say. Which is why the first few tunes in my mixes are generally abit more calmer and then it gets into the more heavier stuff. Hence The Klaxon's tune Its Not Over Yet is the first track. I spend hours finding tunes which go together and even more so trying to mix them together.

This post has been edited by Full Metal Monkey: Apr 26 2009, 01:07 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 08:08 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4