Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happens when we die?
BIG FUCKING SPID...
post Oct 25 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,974

To be honest i hope we start a new life, ive always wonderd what it feels like for a girl.
sometimes i go places and think its kinda un-new to my memory.I hope it doesnt
just end and where not there anymore.

What you think?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rudeboy
post Oct 25 2005, 08:38 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 24,611

In harsh reality, I think your mind and conciousness just completely cease and you are just not there. We are born knowing only life, therefore the concept of death is unknown to us. No one truly knows what happen when you die. I think it just returns to what it was like before you were born. Its strange to think about death and what will happen when you go. You will not exist in any way, you will not be able to think or feel as you will no longer exist.

That is one explanation, one I don't like. I would prefer it if it was more like in the movies. Where you don't really die. Just carry on somewhere else, far away from the pains of the mortal world. If heaven exists I want to enjoy it, I want to be able to appreciate how it is different to earth. We are all going to die sooner or later, so sooner or later we will all find out what happens.

I was watching Gladiator the other day. Near the beginning, General Maximus adressess his troops before the charge against the remaining army. He approaches the subject of death with a casual sense of humour:

" Hold the line, if you find yourself riding alone through green fields with the sun on your back, do not be troubled as you are in Elysium, and you are already dead!"

I would like to have this atitude towards death, the brave warrior attitude of going to Valhalla and not fearing death in battle. Alas I am not as hopeful as such men right now.

--------------------
"I am not the type of person to creep and crawl to a bunch of weak-kneed, pacifist lefties and two-faced Zionists. One must be honest to people about one's beliefs and especially when the survival of our very race is at stake. I have no doubt that anyone who expounds patriotic beliefs has a little black mark put against his name, and by now I must have a massive black mark near my name. C'est la guerre."

Ian Stuart of Skrewdriver.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Rocka91
post Oct 25 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,676

Sometimes it kinda feels weird to be me because somehow sometimes I don't notice it. Like, sometimes I wonder, how did I wind up in this body istead of a billion other ones? Sometimes, I don't notice my brother, like maybe I look at him, and I feel like I see him for the first time. I hope this isn't just me, because I've been feeling like that a lot lately. I don't notice how some people look, I might know them for years, but then later I look at them, and see them in a new way. Is it just me, or is everyone feeling this way?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Redundant
post Oct 25 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,469

Reincarnation, Seriously, think about it, i believe we have something that passes through our bodies like a conciousness, a dying body passes its conciousness to a newborn close by, the reason we dont remember anything is a new body, new mind, new memories...I truly believe in this.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
BIG FUCKING SPID...
post Oct 25 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Rocka91 @ Oct 25 2005, 11:44 PM) [snapback]971767[/snapback]

Sometimes it kinda feels weird to be me because somehow sometimes I don't notice it. Like, sometimes I wonder, how did I wind up in this body istead of a billion other ones? Sometimes, I don't notice my brother, like maybe I look at him, and I feel like I see him for the first time. I hope this isn't just me, because I've been feeling like that a lot lately. I don't notice how some people look, I might know them for years, but then later I look at them, and see them in a new way. Is it just me, or is everyone feeling this way?

me too its kinda eird
Achievements

+Quote Post
snowboy
post Oct 25 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,221

QUOTE(P.I.M.P @ Oct 25 2005, 03:57 PM) [snapback]971785[/snapback]

QUOTE(Rocka91 @ Oct 25 2005, 11:44 PM) [snapback]971767[/snapback]

me too its kinda eird

me three i think would it just be like sleeeping without dreams?

and how di di end up in this body ?

weird!

--------------------
IPB Imagethx fugitive
QUOTE(Albino @ Feb 1 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1082962[/snapback]

Will you do something retarded so I can ban you already?

QUOTE(Mr. J Blacc @ Feb 22 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]1101711[/snapback]

snowboy for topic killer '06! (until he gets banned that is)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Oct 25 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #7

Do Boy
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19,171
PSN Name: PM me

Of course the Religious belief is that human beings will go to either Heaven or hell. I believe that also. But, I also believe in reincarnation. That we will be put back on earth either as a human, animal, anything else.

--------------------

click my sig for a good time.
Thanks to D-O for the sig
Achievements

+Quote Post
BIG FUCKING SPID...
post Oct 25 2005, 09:40 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

i dont want to be a animal,especilly a fly,dont they only live 1 day or sumthin
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_CowPig_*
post Oct 25 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #9

Guests

The harsh way I believe in is that we just die. It's probably like when you sleep. Except without dreams, as someone said. The thing that makes us who we are is our brains really... and the complexity of them that gives us our personalities. Not a spirit.

For a short while, I DID believe in reincarnation. Right now though, I don't really see any logic to it. For one, it wouldn't even be YOU really... you'd be in a different body, different brain, no memories, or knowledge of anything. It just wouldn't be YOU.

I personally try my best not to think about death and what happens after it. It's just too much of a depressing thought that I'd rather not brood over.
Achievements

+Quote Post
snowboy
post Oct 25 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,221

QUOTE(CowPig @ Oct 25 2005, 04:23 PM) [snapback]971817[/snapback]

The harsh way I believe in is that we just die. It's probably like when you sleep. Except without dreams, as someone said. The thing that makes us who we are is our brains really... and the complexity of them that gives us our personalities. Not a spirit.

For a short while, I DID believe in reincarnation. Right now though, I don't really see any logic to it. For one, it wouldn't even be YOU really... you'd be in a different body, different brain, no memories, or knowledge of anything. It just wouldn't be YOU.

I personally try my best not to think about death and what happens after it. It's just too much of a depressing thought that I'd rather not brood over.

u read my mind!

--------------------
IPB Imagethx fugitive
QUOTE(Albino @ Feb 1 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1082962[/snapback]

Will you do something retarded so I can ban you already?

QUOTE(Mr. J Blacc @ Feb 22 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]1101711[/snapback]

snowboy for topic killer '06! (until he gets banned that is)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Oct 25 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #11

Do Boy
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19,171
PSN Name: PM me

QUOTE(P.I.M.P @ Oct 25 2005, 07:08 PM) [snapback]971807[/snapback]

Yeah, 24hrs biggrin.gif

--------------------

click my sig for a good time.
Thanks to D-O for the sig
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flash6289
post Oct 25 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 35

Well if you do reincarnate then what the heck, you'd never know in your new body or whatever. And the same with just "sleeping forever", it's not like you'd be bothered, you're dead. Heaven's a nice thought, but not very realistic IMO, I'm not a great believer in the guy above.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Meyer Lansky
post Oct 25 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 18,805

simple if you been bad as fuck youre going to hell for satan can keep scorching yo ass if you been HEAVENLY your ass is going to live in paradise with ETERERNAL LYFE but this is all goin to happen when the end of the world comes

This post has been edited by forty: Oct 25 2005, 10:15 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
cuda is your boi
post Oct 25 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #14

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

This will never be answered... well, not soon.
I just beleive that, we die and that's it, the end. Like P.I.M.P said, I sometimes have that feeling of seeing something that I already had seen before, I think that has something to do with this subject...

--------------------

I AM NOT A LIER SIR PLEASE DONT CALL ME ONE I SEEN THE WEB SITE WOULD U LIKE TO C IT?

Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_CowPig_*
post Oct 25 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE(ALL AMERICAN @ Oct 25 2005, 07:34 PM) [snapback]971837[/snapback]

Yeah, 24hrs biggrin.gif

Not that it really matters. If the theory of reincarnation is true, you'd only end up as something else anyway. And if you were a FLY, you probably wouldn't have enough brain power to realize you're going to die. Or that you're even dead o.O

Personally, I've never really believed in Heaven/Hell. The idea is just too far fetched to really make any sense to me. Maybe I'll believe otherwise, but I've expressed to many people my beliefs on religion and the like. Probably not many from here but.. shush! If you were wondering, I don't believe in any religion really. At least not the ones I know about/of. I don't have any problem with someone BEING religious, I just don't tolerate it in myself.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_Albino_*
post Oct 25 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #16

Guests

We know for sure that we shit ourselves, massive amounts of DMT are released in the brain, so we die tripping and shitty.

Well, it's the truth.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Rocka91
post Oct 26 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,676

QUOTE(ALL AMERICAN @ Oct 25 2005, 06:34 PM) [snapback]971837[/snapback]

Yeah, 24hrs biggrin.gif

Wow, did you figure that out all by yourself?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Vlad
post Oct 26 2005, 12:48 AM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 315

QUOTE(Rudeboy @ Oct 25 2005, 06:06 PM) [snapback]971719[/snapback]

In harsh reality, I think your mind and conciousness just completely cease and you are just not there. We are born knowing only life, therefore the concept of death is unknown to us. No one truly knows what happen when you die. I think it just returns to what it was like before you were born. Its strange to think about death and what will happen when you go. You will not exist in any way, you will not be able to think or feel as you will no longer exist.

Thank you for sparing me the time to explain it, myself.

And I guess the whole reincarnation idea might be true. It would fit in with all the other cyclical shit in this universe. There's no way to really disprove it like you could with a heaven/hell.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Nanook
post Oct 26 2005, 01:45 AM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

You die. You stop breathing. All brain functions cease. You know no more about what is happening.

When you're dead, your gone. No afterlife, no reincarnation, nothing, nada.

Death is the end, don't spend time trying to live for a 'God', or beliefs you don't own, don't think you'll be rewarded in the 'afterlife', because you won't.

Enjoy your life, because that is all there is

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
GSF_Hustla
post Oct 26 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,002

It's tough to say really. It freaks me out to think about before or after this life. Was i another life form, with my memory completely wiped from the past life or what? Afterwards, its scary because, maybe you just go blank and sorta fade out. No heaven/hell, no reincarnation. Nothing. Just that seems scary. I do think you get reincarnated though, which is cool, only if you had your past memories would it be better.
Achievements

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:26 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4