Reply to this topicStart new topic
> women
gingergenius
post Apr 5 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,536

i'm not against women being treated equally to men. but is equal representation going too far?

BBC rugby coverage is an example. the men on the show (john inverdale, jeremy guscott, brian moore, etc.) are all ex rugby players and have been involved in the game and hence know a lot about it. then you have your women such as sonia mcloughlan and jill murray who are only on the team cos theyre women. they know nothing about it and therefore ask stupid questions to people they interview. i get the feeling they got the job cos theyre blonde. although both are unnatractive. as far as i can see the only women who deserve their jobs as sports presenters are clare balding & sue barker, as both have a genuine interest and background in sport. what's with gabby logan presenting ITV sport? i know shes MARRIED to a rugby player but really.

also, is it fair that annika sorenstam and michelle wie should be allowed to play in men's golf tournaments?

discuss
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Apr 5 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #2

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Member No.: 5,644

If women are allowed in men's tournaments, then men should be allowed in women's tournaments. Same with Tennis and the Williams sisters.

I agree that female sport presenters on tv should have at least a partial background in the sport they are hosting. In Australia, almost all female sport presenters have played the sport they are presenting, or are sport journalists. The only female presenter here that i can think of who knows nothing about sport is Grace Mclure. She knows shit all about car racing, and she can't even read the autocue properly. She clearly got the job because of her looks.

Also, women's sports get far less coverage then men's, so would a male presenter for a netball or softball game be any good? I doubt it.

This post has been edited by handsome b wonderful: Apr 5 2006, 11:00 PM

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
MetGreDKo
post Apr 5 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,176

QUOTE(gingergenius @ Apr 5 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]1128302[/snapback]

i'm not against women being treated equally to men. but is equal representation going too far?

BBC rugby coverage is an example. the men on the show (john inverdale, jeremy guscott, brian moore, etc.) are all ex rugby players and have been involved in the game and hence know a lot about it. then you have your women such as sonia mcloughlan and jill murray who are only on the team cos theyre women. they know nothing about it and therefore ask stupid questions to people they interview. i get the feeling they got the job cos theyre blonde. although both are unnatractive. as far as i can see the only women who deserve their jobs as sports presenters are clare balding & sue barker, as both have a genuine interest and background in sport. what's with gabby logan presenting ITV sport? i know shes MARRIED to a rugby player but really.

also, is it fair that annika sorenstam and michelle wie should be allowed to play in men's golf tournaments?

discuss

I don't think your issue is with equal representation so much as hiring based on who is known as opposed to who has merit. This is an issue that affects both genders in much of the same way. Those who are unqualified gets a job while those who are qualified don't. For women some may get it due to sex appeal....or drop the "appeal". For men it may be because of the inaccurate belief that women aren't as good as men or they belong at home. There is a slew of other reasons as well but those are what you may most be familiar with.

QUOTE(handsome b wonderful @ Apr 5 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]1128306[/snapback]

If women are allowed to play golf, then men should be allowed in women's tournaments.

The fallacy being that women have their own league for golf. They aren't in the PGA last I recall.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 5 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,310

We got the same thing. There is the regular panel of ex-football players covering the NFL games, but they aquired this blonde chick that wanders around the field and repeats everything the guys upstairs already said, and it just takes time away from what we want to see, and devoting too much time to reviewing game plans and predictions we already heard...

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)
Have a scripture to recite, but make your own path.

Achievements

+Quote Post
gingergenius
post Apr 6 2006, 05:46 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

as for the men playing in women's tournaments thing - its ridiculous but they have a point. there are women's tournaments for women, and men's tournaments for men.

annika sorenstam says that she is striving to achieve more in her sport. but she hasn't won as many majors as jack nicklaus. surely she should try for the conventional ambitions for people like tiger woods - all majors in the same year, winning as many as possible, etc.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GFX.Absinthe
post Apr 6 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 28,296

MetGreDKo... like your avatar smile.gif

But, i think women should be treated in equal terms to an extent.. like if guys can go into the army allow the other gender to be able to go into the army and get killed @_@...

This post has been edited by Gazebo: Apr 6 2006, 01:49 PM

--------------------
Im retired go away. :(
Achievements

+Quote Post
NCP
post Apr 6 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #7

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 73

Woman want equal rights, they want to be treated the same. But when a man does some shit to someone else, he gets hit. If you do that to a female, then you may not, because she's a woman. Also, why do girls have to do less than the guys in gym class?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
BULLETZ144
post Apr 6 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 158

NCP is right, if women want 100% equal rights, when they hit us, we should be able to beat the crap out of them for self defence, just as we can if another man hits us.

--------------------
IPB Image

Bone Thug's are Creepin' on ah Come BACK.
Achievements

+Quote Post
clowns789
post Apr 6 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 20,807

QUOTE(NCP @ Apr 6 2006, 11:02 AM) [snapback]1128543[/snapback]

Also, why do girls have to do less than the guys in gym class?

I'm not sure for elementary school PE. But above that men develop testosterone and become stronger than women.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
NCP
post Apr 6 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #10

Nobody Special
Group Icon

So? They wanted equal rights, then they should get treated the same.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
gingergenius
post Apr 6 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

nah if everyone accepts that men are stronger then we shouldn't be allowed to hit women. its like picking on small kids. but we are strong enough to restrain them. that way no one gets hurt AND they learn a lesson not to get physical.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 7 2006, 02:10 AM
Post #12

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

I'm afraid to say it for fear of the ultra-feminists but...

...there's no way women could compete at say, men's tennis. Testosterone.

[Edit] Obviously I don't mean no woman could beat any man, but come on: They're never going to beat a top class player. I mean, a compliment for a woman's ability at Wimbledon is "She's hitting those shots like a man" (there or there abouts).

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
MetGreDKo
post Apr 13 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,176

QUOTE(Gazebo @ Apr 6 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]1128539[/snapback]

MetGreDKo... like your avatar smile.gif

Thank you

QUOTE(BULLETZ144 @ Apr 6 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]1128685[/snapback]

NCP is right, if women want 100% equal rights, when they hit us, we should be able to beat the crap out of them for self defence, just as we can if another man hits us.

While if my life or limb is in danger I'll definately go at it with whoever is messing with me (male or female) if that isn't the case I'd rather just get them arrested. It hurts their ability to get jobs, etc. having a record and in doing that I wouldn't be hurting myself in that way either.

QUOTE(NCP @ Apr 6 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1128724[/snapback]

Equal rights in terms of both genders being treated or expected to perform at their respective best or equal rights in terms of asking the genders to perform on the same level? There is a point where one gender or individual works their best and on either side, more or less, you have a loss of efficiency or capability. There are two equals there and I'd say the former is the better. Do we really want to go over the edge?

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Apr 7 2006, 12:07 AM) [snapback]1128929[/snapback]

I'm afraid to say it for fear of the ultra-feminists but...

...there's no way women could compete at say, men's tennis. Testosterone.

[Edit]Obviously I don't mean no woman could beat any man, but come on: They're never going to beat a top class player. I mean, a compliment for a woman's ability at Wimbledon is "She's hitting those shots like a man" (there or there abouts).

That depends on the individuals involved for not all men have high levels of testosterone. Some women also are willing to work out that extra amount to match the men though they risk injury.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 14 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #14

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Again, the men who are equally (even less) willing will be able to do more. I'm not being sexist or unfiar, it's a fact.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Apr 14 2006, 05:12 AM
Post #15

Rat
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,884

The equality thing is good but the fact is they are getting more rights than man in many instances and its bullshit already.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
NCP
post Apr 16 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #16

Nobody Special
Group Icon

QUOTE(MetGreDKo @ Apr 13 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]1132548[/snapback]

QUOTE(NCP @ Apr 6 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1128724[/snapback]

Equal rights in terms of both genders being treated or expected to perform at their respective best or equal rights in terms of asking the genders to perform on the same level? There is a point where one gender or individual works their best and on either side, more or less, you have a loss of efficiency or capability. There are two equals there and I'd say the former is the better. Do we really want to go over the edge?

The first ofcourse, in gym class the boys needed to run 30 minutes and the girls only had to run 20 minutes. This has nothing to do about strength, this is about condition. Also in some countries there are special car insurances for females, because they say females get less accidents. It's because they drive more carefully, but they also try to park carefully and most accidents are done by females there.
Also when my sister hits me, I hit her back. If a girl gets agressive in the pub, I just laugh and make sure I don't get hit, because then I'll hit her back and get the whole pub over me.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Bain
post Apr 17 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #17

Rat
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,884

QUOTE(MetGreDKo @ Apr 5 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]1128342[/snapback]

I don't think your issue is with equal representation so much as hiring based on who is known as opposed to who has merit. This is an issue that affects both genders in much of the same way. Those who are unqualified gets a job while those who are qualified don't. For women some may get it due to sex appeal....or drop the "appeal". For men it may be because of the inaccurate belief that women aren't as good as men or they belong at home. There is a slew of other reasons as well but those are what you may most be familiar with.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fallacy being that women have their own league for golf. They aren't in the PGA last I recall.

I think the problem is that they are just getting hired for looks and they don’t know shit about the game…….they are doing it here with football too a lot and hockey.
People need to have a background in the sport.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Women having their own league but men not, is sexist in itself, thank you.

QUOTE(NCP @ Apr 6 2006, 11:02 AM) [snapback]1128543[/snapback]

Woman want equal rights, they want to be treated the same. But when a man does some shit to someone else, he gets hit. If you do that to a female, then you may not, because she's a woman. Also, why do girls have to do less than the guys in gym class?

Thank you.

QUOTE(gingergenius @ Apr 6 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1128788[/snapback]

nah if everyone accepts that men are stronger then we shouldn't be allowed to hit women. its like picking on small kids. but we are strong enough to restrain them. that way no one gets hurt AND they learn a lesson not to get physical.

Some girls beat the shit out of guys and when they release the restrain, they go right back to it.

Im just saying that your idea doesn’t always work.

I think the fact that men are stronger should be accepted into society and not contradicted.

QUOTE(MetGreDKo)

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT YOU’RE TALKING.

If it is the first part, instead of equal rights, lets pussify it and call it ‘try your best and give effort’ rights.

People like you are politically correcting society to be fucking gay.
Not literally gay, but you know……

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 17 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #18

Scam Artist
Group Icon

On the sports commentary bit; someone's probably been fucking a network exec.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
gingergenius
post Apr 18 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

obviously sharapova would be able to beat me at tennis. i never had a lesson in my life, and i never played tennis with a hot lady before.

but she'd get battered by federer or even mr underachievement tim henman. i heard a story about when the women's no1 was married to a bloke who was about no100 or something. and whenever they played, he always won.

its why asafa powell can run 9.78 but no woman has ever broken 10seconds. neither has a white guy but different story.

women can compete at driving & horse riding. and darts & snooker. but nothing involving any real physical exertion. fair enough you watch a movie and see lucy liu roundhouse kick some guy. but the average woman is too hysterical to do any good in a fight. just a bit of arm flailing before they are told to sit down and shut up. and if they persist then sit on them till they get bored of trying.

i still dont think its fair. i call one girl fat and recieve a slap from her and all her friends. but i cant do anything back except be really deep which results in more slaps. my mate hit some girl back quite lightly and now he has a reputation.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 05:05 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4