> Second Edition..Multi-Part Question
nwabri
post Oct 12 2005, 02:04 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,258

Hey All,

I just recently got GTA-SA. Since I was late in the game, I have the 2nd edition. This does not bug me. However, I have a few questions. Since I have 2nd edition, and the readme states that I am using version 1.00, do I need the "Hot Coffee" patch? Also, when attempting to load other peoples saved games, do they have to be using the 2nd edition? Or a patched one? This just seems to be a different deal then GTA-VC. But that was then...Any help would be appreciated.

-B
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Decipher
post Oct 13 2005, 06:37 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 25,137

I can answer your question about the saved games, as I found out the "hard" way. First edition saves don't work in Second and vice versa. Second Edition's mission scripts were changed, so the saves are incompatible. If you try, you'll see it listed properly, but loading it will just start you at the beginning of the game. Looks like you, me, and anyone else with second edition will just have to wait to benifit from other's skills, d/ling 100% saves. smile.gif

As for the patch question, I'd like to know too. I tried installing it (If it damaged my install, I'd reinstall. no biggy) and it said the file wasn't there - even though I pointed it right to it. Go figure.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PsychoGB
post Oct 17 2005, 07:34 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 24,240

QUOTE(Decipher @ Oct 13 2005, 09:05 AM) [snapback]954587[/snapback]

I can answer your question about the saved games, as I found out the "hard" way. First edition saves don't work in Second and vice versa. Second Edition's mission scripts were changed, so the saves are incompatible. If you try, you'll see it listed properly, but loading it will just start you at the beginning of the game. Looks like you, me, and anyone else with second edition will just have to wait to benifit from other's skills, d/ling 100% saves. smile.gif

As for the patch question, I'd like to know too. I tried installing it (If it damaged my install, I'd reinstall. no biggy) and it said the file wasn't there - even though I pointed it right to it. Go figure.

I've got a 1st edition game and I haven't bothered with the patch because I haven't encountered any problems yet ( keeps fingers crossed). From what I can gather, I think the 2nd edition games are already patched.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Decipher
post Oct 17 2005, 07:55 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 25,137

Yeah, the patch isn't needed at all. I found out the readme in the program files folder is the wrong one anyway. When Rockstar repacked, they forgot to change it in the compressed files on the disc. If you "explore" (right-click, Explore) the disc, you'll see another readme in "Readme\ENU" that states:

GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas

ReadMe.txt

V2.00

Thank you for purchasing GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 01:07 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4