IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> kids TV is shit, it used to be good. WTF happened?
shootthebandit
post Aug 2 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,504

the other morning i was flickin thru TV channels and i came across 'the flintstones'. i watched it and it brought back memorys of classic cartoons.

when i was a kid i loved: tom and jerry, the looney tunes, wacky races, stop the pidgeon and many more. but my all time favourite was scooby-doo.

what happened to these programs. kids nowadays are missing out on alot, modern kids shows are crap.

id hate to see the day when these cartoons can only be found in the darkest corners of the internet.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GLC
post Aug 2 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #2

Anus.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 38,852

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 2 2008, 01:30 AM) [snapback]1457265[/snapback]
the other morning i was flickin thru TV channels and i came across 'the flintstones'. i watched it and it brought back memorys of classic cartoons.

when i was a kid i loved: tom and jerry, the looney tunes, wacky races, stop the pidgeon and many more. but my all time favourite was scooby-doo.

what happened to these programs. kids nowadays are missing out on alot, modern kids shows are crap.

id hate to see the day when these cartoons can only be found in the darkest corners of the internet.

your telling me! i still watch em. doh (12).gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 2 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #3

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

...for real homey... there's not any new cartoons out there worth watching... spongebob square pants is the newest kids cartoon that i like, and that came out a long time ago...

my personal favorite cartoon was bugs bunny & friends... pepe le pew, elmer fudd, coyote (poor wile e), porky, daffy, sylvester... ahh, those were the days... do they even play looney tunes any more?!

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Aug 2 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #4

Anus.
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 2 2008, 06:09 PM) [snapback]1457320[/snapback]
...for real homey... there's not any new cartoons out there worth watching... spongebob square pants is the newest kids cartoon that i like, and that came out a long time ago...

my personal favorite cartoon was bugs bunny & friends... pepe le pew, elmer fudd, coyote (poor wile e), porky, daffy, sylvester... ahh, those were the days... do they even play looney tunes any more?!

you have a good taste in cartoons pyro.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Aug 2 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #5

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

South Park is still my favorite kid show.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Aug 2 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #6

Do Boy
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19,171
PSN Name: PM me

I would no doubt give my left nut to see Rocko's Modern Life come out on DVD. That's probably one of the best shows ever aired on television.

--------------------

click my sig for a good time.
Thanks to D-O for the sig
Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Aug 3 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

do they even play looney tunes any more?!

sadly not, ive not seen them in years. i heard they banned tom&jerry because its too violent. kids nowadays have so many problems that a good dose of looney tunes wouldnt cure.

lol i sound so old fashioned but im only 15 and in my earlier years i refused to watch modern kids shows, i never once watched cartoon network.

we have to bring them back. its horrible, kids will have ruined childhoods and bugs bunny will no longer be a house-hold name.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Aug 3 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,207

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 3 2008, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1457360[/snapback]
do they even play looney tunes any more?!

sadly not, ive not seen them in years. i heard they banned tom&jerry because its too violent. kids nowadays have so many problems that a good dose of looney tunes wouldnt cure.

lol i sound so old fashioned but im only 15 and in my earlier years i refused to watch modern kids shows, i never once watched cartoon network.

Lies! I watched tom and jerry like yesterday on cartoon network at like 2 in the afternoon, Jerry was painted white and fooled Tom into thinking he was a ghost, they were hiting eachother with a claw hammer, now theres some damn good violence *bing bing* As for the cartoons of today this is true they lack any character, heres so and so and heres the wild antics they get into like going to the school science fair dressed as a bear or some other stupid random shit. But the one cartoon i watched when i got high from school was recess shits the bomb!

--------------------
"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain." -Mike Tyson
"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." - Mike Tyson
Achievements

+Quote Post
jev
post Aug 3 2008, 06:31 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,417

I used to love the Cartoon cartoons on Cartoon network

DEEDEE GET OUT OF MY LABORATORY

--------------------
Add me on Ps3: Jevgenji
:D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Aug 3 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(jev @ Aug 3 2008, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1457377[/snapback]

Ha. Johny Bravo, for the win.

These days, other than Sponge Bob, it's all crap. Although, there is one show that pretty creative, with a home full of imaginary friends, or something. Don't know the name, though.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Aug 3 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #11

Anus.
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 3 2008, 09:30 AM) [snapback]1457385[/snapback]

These days, other than Sponge Bob, it's all crap. Although, there is one show that pretty creative, with a home full of imaginary friends, or something. Don't know the name, though.

Johny Bravo? That was Dexter wasn't it? "DEEDEE GET OUT OF MY LABORATORY!"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Aug 3 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #12

I know, I'm talking about cartoons from that time, and that maker.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Aug 3 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #13

Anus.
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 3 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]1457401[/snapback]

oh.

anyway,all the above cartoons ftw.

and i think that imaginary home one is "fosters home for imaginary friends",i may be wrong.
Achievements

+Quote Post
shootthebandit
post Aug 3 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 3 2008, 09:30 AM) [snapback]1457385[/snapback]

i have to disagree. i hated johnny bravo and dexters lab.

as the guy above sayed that tom and jerry was on the other day. im glad these shows are still aired, i dont have Sattelite TV anymore so i dont have cartoon network but i remember a channel called boomerang and it was just all the classic toons like tom and jerry, whacky races, looney tunes, scooby-doo and many more.

these shows were amazing but modern kids dont appreciate them anymore and films like "high school muscial" are just destroying kids

Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Aug 3 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(G~L~C @ Aug 3 2008, 10:43 PM) [snapback]1457411[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Aug 3 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]1457401[/snapback]

oh.

anyway,all the above cartoons ftw.

and i think that imaginary home one is "fosters home for imaginary friends",i may be wrong.

Yeah, that's it. The voice acting isn't over the top like some kids shows, and is a very creative idea for a show.

hated johnny bravo

Get out.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 3 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #16

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

yup... i've seen tom & jerry recently... one of the better cartoons and, one of the most violent... i'm surprised cartooon network even plays them... if parents really think cartoon violence is bad then, why is tom & jerry still on? lol, the simpsons "itchy & scratchy" is a parody of that show... ahh, the poor kitty always gets fucked over by the mouse biggrin.gif...

anyone remember rin & stimpy? lol, that was a cartoon for the kids who took LSD laugh.gif...

now, as far as cartoon network goes, adult swim definitely has the cream of the crop... but, those cartoons are far form kid friendly... i like moral oral (if that's still on), boondocks, futurama (not there anymore... comedy central's got em now), ATHF, and sealab... robot chicken rocks too...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Aug 3 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,207

Futurama just makes me feel good when i watch it. And Boondocks? Ive been a boondocks fan for like 7 years man when it was a cartoon strip in my newspaper it was the only funny i read. High School musical.... god damn musicals, if i could kill the guy that put the whole sound of music shit i would, only musical i like is southpark movie and sweeny todd "violence rules"

All i know is when i run into kids on the internet they seem like seriously retarded, they and read and write but they cant like comprehend what they are reading or distinguish what they are writing. I dont know how many times i get messaged on my ps3 by some kid thats pissed off that i wrecked him in one fucking race, and he talks like a retarded baby, I called one inbred the other day and he didnt even know what that meant.

--------------------
"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain." -Mike Tyson
"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." - Mike Tyson
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Aug 3 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

Kids shows were always pretty bad, but I swear they are worse now as they are also politically correct crap.

Scooby-doo was always awful, I mean just smack the monster in the face with a spade ffs.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny†
post Aug 4 2008, 06:10 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 4 2008, 12:59 AM) [snapback]1457419[/snapback]
anyone remember rin & stimpy? lol, that was a cartoon for the kids who took LSD laugh.gif...

I have a love hate relationship with that show.

Scooby-doo was always awful, I mean just smack the monster in the face with a spade ffs.

They were too baked, duh.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Aug 4 2008, 07:26 AM
Post #20

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Recess FTW.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:40 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4