> Indiana Jones, and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
DonkeyTits
post May 22 2008, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Clepto
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Just saw it... I must say, worth seeing. Indiana Jones was one of my main childhood movies, so I had high hopes. The movie had good action, and they worked with Harrison's old age well. A few of the stunts in general were overkill, but not sooo much. The movie did seem to jump all over the place, but again, not too bad. Without spoiling too much, I'll just say that there were some unexpected "unnatural" events (Think Raiders of the Lost Ark face melting or Holy Grail; living, but ancient knight) that would be considered just weird- but if you just remind yourself that all the old Indy movies had those, it makes things more comfortable.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 22 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #2

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,844

I'll probably go to see this tomorrow, looks awesome.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post May 23 2008, 09:54 AM
Post #3

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

I'm seeing it next weekend before my brother moves, but I must remind people. POST SPOILER TAGS.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post May 23 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #4

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 7,717

I liked the film alot. They actually brought in some real historical stuff, and mixed it in with fantasy. Dunno if they did that for other films, but I'm older this time round so I understood everything more.

This film has fucking awesome effects and shit. Some of the scenes are just amazing in terms of sounds and visuals. (e.g: Waterfall)

The ending was abit quick though, and didn't explain much. I could see it coming, but I wanted abit more of an explanation. But I still think it had a good storyline, and even better visuals/sound etc..
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 18 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #5

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

There was an issue with the bullet sounds going muffled in certain parts... strangely enough, the same thing happened during that scene on the porch in The Happening. Somebody is cutting some bad corners...

The movie wasn't bad, Indy 4, I mean. It definitely became strange but at least Shia's character allowed for more depth than he's usually used to. It was just slightly above average in rating. That was because of the slick way it was made and how it developed.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 18 2008, 07:46 AM
Post #6

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I kinda know the twist becuase I seen a thing on the real crystal skull (just on AOTS, but its still educational tongue.gif) but they didn't directly give it away so I don't know for sure.

The twist is........

[spoiler]aliens?[/spoiler]

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Jun 18 2008, 08:12 AM
Post #7

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,214

I quite enjoyed it, although too many people get kicked out of trucks. Also, [spoiler]the alien coming alive at the end was a bit much[/spoiler].

It also needed more Nazis. Overall, well worth seeing though.

--------------------

QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1514882[/snapback]
Marney1... you know that I can literatly kill you
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 18 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #8

Goon
Group Icon

Well, considering it took place during the Cold War... Nazis wouldn't fit in so well. Ruskies fit in fine I thought.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Darth Sexy
post Jun 22 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #9

The Thunder Down Under
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,214

QUOTE(Professional Deuce Dropper @ Jun 19 2008, 09:13 AM) [snapback]1448953[/snapback]
Well, considering it took place during the Cold War... Nazis wouldn't fit in so well. Ruskies fit in fine I thought.

Can never have too many Nazis.

--------------------

QUOTE(Lmoz96 @ Jul 27 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1514882[/snapback]
Marney1... you know that I can literatly kill you
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 22 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #10

Goon
Group Icon

... okay. Go shit out some shingles will ya?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
BioSphere
post Jun 27 2008, 04:29 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 39,882

Honestly I never really liked Any Indiana Jones Movies. But around the end of last month me and a couple friends went and seen it for the hell of it and we had nothing else to do. I thought the movie was awsome. It had great visuals, and great acting. i give it a 10 out of 10. My fav actor is in it.. lol i cant remember his name but he was in disturbia too. He's a really good actor.

--------------------
GTA IV - 100% Completed
Achievements

+Quote Post
Boss of GTA
post Jun 27 2008, 05:12 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,981

was a awesome movies
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 27 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #13

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

wow, lots of people liked it... i've seen numerous other people trash the movie, saying it was completely unreal... but, those people i don't think ever saw the first 3 movies because, those were pretty unrealistic too...

it may be the worst movie of the series but, it's still as good as the others... it's a true indy film, which i was concerned that it might not be since it's been 20 years since the last... but, it was everything indiana jones has been about... a wild crazy adventure, finding some ancient old treasure thought to of been myth, a crazy sidekick, lots of scenes involving moving vehicles, puzzles/traps/clues, etc...

i'll be renting it on netflix in a few months just to see it again... it's indy baby!!

~ i didn't think it was possible but, indiana jones and also the die hard series actually put out really good movies for their 4th installment which, seemed quite skeptical since both actors hadn't played their roles in nearly 20 years... but damn, both were spot on and stayed true to the series... that is very very uncommon in hollywood these days...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
zgzg
post Oct 14 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 43,250

its out for a while now, but i still havent seen it...hmmm
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 14 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #15

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(zgzg @ Oct 14 2008, 08:19 AM) [snapback]1468530[/snapback]
its out for a while now, but i still havent seen it...hmmm

It released today on DVD.

Go pick it up, watch it, while watching it, think of worthwhile postings for this site and stop with the vague interjections of nonsubstance.

Welcome to the site.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Benzilla
post Oct 14 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #16

Pickpocket
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,554

Movie was awesome as all of the Indiana Jones are. Ending sucked though.

--------------------
QUOTE (sve knjige svijeta @ Sep 23 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Whoever wants to be the guy who makes a game about a black man wielding a chain-gun, mowing down white-people, go right ahead.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Dr. Evil
post Oct 16 2008, 07:18 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 41,441

I went to Target to get Iron Man and was about to leave to check out and passed by all 4 Indiana Jones movies on dvd in a box set!!! I'm all giddy like a schoolgirl now laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 (talking about his cell phone) @ Feb 2 2009, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1481580[/snapback]
Motorola Rizr on T-Mobile. 'Cept mine doesn't have an interracial gay couple as the background.

QUOTE(Sittin @ Oct 14 2008, 07:07 AM) [snapback]1468555[/snapback]
Speaking of a big pussy getting fucked... banned.

CLICKY
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 12:33 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4