> Longer DLC?, The Ballad to be longer?
SirPsychoSexy
post Jun 30 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #1

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,224

I was thinking...

TLaD was really short, about 20 missions. So, should we expect another episode with the same amount of missions? Maybe not.

GTA III was about 50 missions long, its expansions contained 30 (VC) and 95 (SA) missions.
LC Stories had 70 misions (20 more than its preceedor in the same city) and VC Stories had 60 missions (twice as many as VC)

GTA IV had like 90 missions, and the short episode of The Lost is probably shorter than the second episode will be.
I'm thinking at least 30, maybe 40 missions?

Also, TBoGT has more holes to fill than TLad did, and Luis have many more possible connections.

What do you think?

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jun 30 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #2

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(thespacecowboy @ Jun 30 2009, 11:31 PM) [snapback]1510238[/snapback]
I was thinking...

TLaD was really short, about 20 missions. So, should we expect another episode with the same amount of missions? Maybe not.

GTA III was about 50 missions long, its expansions contained 30 (VC) and 95 (SA) missions.
LC Stories had 70 misions (20 more than its preceedor in the same city) and VC Stories had 60 missions (twice as many as VC)

GTA IV had like 90 missions, and the short episode of The Lost is probably shorter than the second episode will be.
I'm thinking at least 30, maybe 40 missions?

Also, TBoGT has more holes to fill than TLad did, and Luis have many more possible connections.

What do you think?

^ LOL

It should be quite a big game because you will be able to buy the game on its own (You will not have to have the GTA4 disc) as well as downloading it as a DLC.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jul 1 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #3

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

I think they will keep it short, when the disk comes out in the fall it will have the TBoGT and TlaD on it.... not just TBoGT...

this is DLC, i wouldn't expect too much. TLaD was very good, but i don't want them to spend too much time on DLC because liberty city is getting old.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jul 1 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #4

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Jun 30 2009, 07:30 PM) [snapback]1510262[/snapback]
because liberty city is getting old.

You ain't kidding.

I havent played the game in a couple months and still thinking back on it, it is getting old.
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Jul 1 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #5

Nobody Special

Well I disagree, I love LC, and either way I think we're stuck with it for at least another year.
A whole new game won't come out any time earlier than that.

My point with pointing out the number of missions in each game, which was easily looked up
on the internet, was that Rockstar haven't exactly been consistent when it comes to numbers
of missions in each game.

They make the game and number of missions depending on the story.
And I see more interesting story in BoGT than in TLaD.

So maybe we can hope for more than 20 missions this time? Maybe 21?0

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Jul 13 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #6

Nobody Special

Member No.: 130

I thought GTA 3 had 70 missions, Vice City only had 30?! I loved that game, great story, knew it was short but not that short.

I hope the TLAD comes to ps3 soon, i really wonna play it, 20 missions seems fair for downloadable content, i deffinitly wouldnt complain if TBOGT had more tho.

This post has been edited by Flea: Jul 13 2009, 11:50 PM

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post Jul 20 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE(Flea @ Jul 14 2009, 01:50 AM) [snapback]1512667[/snapback]
I thought GTA 3 had 70 missions, Vice City only had 30?! I loved that game, great story, knew it was short but not that short.

The thing with VC is that it had a lot of optional missions, many of them being missions given ti you only if you purchased a particular property. To remind you further, it wasn't necessary to purchase all properties and do all missions unlocked through that, which is why I guess they weren't treated as main story missions in this calculation.
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Aug 4 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #8

Nobody Special

QUOTE(6 shooter @ Jul 20 2009, 10:39 AM) [snapback]1513791[/snapback]
QUOTE(Flea @ Jul 14 2009, 01:50 AM) [snapback]1512667[/snapback]

The thing with VC is that it had a lot of optional missions, many of them being missions given ti you only if you purchased a particular property. To remind you further, it wasn't necessary to purchase all properties and do all missions unlocked through that, which is why I guess they weren't treated as main story missions in this calculation.

How long time did they take for VC anyway? Wasn't it like a year? They had to create a whole new city and story! They're taking 8 months for TBOGT and the setting is already finished, and probably most of the story too. So they should be able to make this one longer than TLAD.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_6 shooter_*
post Aug 10 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #9

Guests

Shoulda coulda...come on, people at R* are not taking all that time to come up with new missions ideas. Making a game is one thing, marketing & planning is part and parcel of this business, too.

Don't get your hopes too high. It's just an addition.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 10:46 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4